User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By booradleysmart
  • 5 Post By booradleysmart
  • 1 Post By booradleysmart
  • 4 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Eco-Energy: Door to Door Salesperson was shouting,yelling at me & refused to leave !

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Eco-Energy: Door to Door Salesperson was shouting,yelling at me & refused to leave !
    Today one of the Eco-Energy door to door salesperson came to my door. He was wearing a Grey T-Shirt with green Eco-Energy letters written on it & Khaki pants. I opened the door for him, BIG Mistake !!!.

I own both my water heater & furnace. This guy was trying to sell me a rental water heater & furnace . He was extremely rude, confrontational, argumentative & condescending. I politely & repeatedly told him NO , I am not interested. But he wouldn't budge & wouldn't take NO for an answer. He was going on & on & blah blah about some $ 1,300 Eco-Rebate, I will get.

He started shouting & yelling at me..that's right..he was yelling at me " You have NO clue what I am talking about. You don't even understand, what I am talking about do you ? You have NO idea what I am talking about " " All your neighbours have signed up, Why are you NOT signing up "

I told him I am not interested. He then said " What do you mean you are not interested. This is NOT about your interest. I am not here to tell you, what I had for breakfast ( can't believe he said that ). I am here to check the tags on your furnace & water heater. I am here to save YOU money. This checkup is MANDATORY, this not about your interest. Are you even the home owner or are you just a renter " " I am NOT in this neighbourhood just for fun"

I said, Sir I understand why you are here, but I am not interested. He then said in a rude & condesending tone ( raising his voice at me ) " What do YOUunderstand ? When you say you understand, it implies you know something. What do you know ? You don't understand anything, you have NO idea what I am talking about "

I asked him to leave. He refused to do so. I was trying to close the door, but he wouldn't let me , as he was almost inside by doorway. What he was doing was borderline criminal. He was forcing me to sign something I didn't want or need. He was trespassing on private proverty & refusing to leave, inspite of being told numerous times & was almost barging inside my house. Finally I had to forcefully close the door on his face. Even after that he was hanging on my porch for a couple of minutes. I was even afraid that he might do something to my car or my house, on his way out, that's how full of rage & aggressive, he was.

Close to 20 minutes, he ( Eco-Energy rep ) was on my door step shouting, yelling & arguing with me. I have dealt with lot of door to door energy re-sellers & water heater & Furnace guys, from Just Energy, Direct Energy et al ..all of them have left after a few NO's. But this Eco-Energy sales rep was something else, extremely uncalled for & unprofessional what he was doing. This was nothing but harassment, bullying & intimidation from him, can't believe the Eco-Energy company accepts or condones, such aggressibe tactics. Luckily, I remained calm & collected throughout this ordeal. I was busy deescalating things, & this guy was escalating things over & over again, every time I would ask him to calm down.

So, Beware of Eco-Energy door to door sales rep who come to your door, they are a NIGHTMARE (atleast this guy was), extremely difficult to get rid of them, so DON'T even open your door for them.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by booradleysmart; Fri, Aug 7th, 2015 at 11:10 PM.
    kenrod, greeny and Alex2016 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People like these are just energy resellers. They will try to force you to change your existing Hydro and/or Heating company to their own.

They will also try to sell you some rental water heater or rental furnace, with ridiculous monthly fees.

They are way more expensive than your current company & will lock you in a 10-15 year contract, which is almost impossible to get out of without paying huge penalty fees.

They will lie to you that they are from the government & its mandatory. They are extremely rude, aggressive & will try to force themselves in your house. They will even wear some official looking ID , Hard hat , Vest etc to make them look like they are from your utility company or the city, gov. etc ..they will even lie about it.

They either want to see your HYDRO bill or your HEATING bill or the tags/label on your FURNACE & WATER HEATER in your basement. Once they have this info, they are ready to go.

1. DO NOT give them any info like your name, phone number etc.
    2. DO NOT show them any utility bill like Hydro, Heating.
    3. DO NOT let them inside your house so they can get info of your FURNACE & WATER HEATER.
    4. Call the cops, if they refuse to leave & have them arrested for Tresspassing.
    5. Record them with your smart phone if you can.

Their MO -Modus Operandi is :

1. They will do some Hi- Hello & small talk & talk about the weather to break the ice.
    2. They will tell you how ALL your neighbours have signed up etc. This is to create trust..NO one has signed up.
    3. They will use words like Eco , Rebate, Environment, Credit & how you will save $$$ through this program. Basically we are here to give you a rebate of $$$ or credit of $$$ . They are here to take $$$ from you, NOT give you $$$.
    4. They won't take NO for an answer. They are professionally trained to do that.
    5. They will be rude & condescending & will use words like Do you understand etc. They will try to make you look stupid & try to break you down.
    6.They will try to shame you , create guilt in you, try to bully you. Act as if they are doing you a favour & you are NOT taking it.
    7. They always have a ridiculous, over priced & almost impossible to get out of contract, which is far worse than your existing one.
    8. SENIORS and IMMIGRANTS are their favourite target. They prey on them as they are SOFT & EASY targets for them. Their eyes lit up, when they see one of them.

So BEWARE of these reps, you have been warned !

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Checkout Ellen Roseman article from Toronto star on how these guys are switching to Furnace rentals now, as water heater rentals are getting more strict.

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/busin...s_roseman.html
    kenrod likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had same company a few weeks ago too and he used the line " ALL your neighbours signed up" BS! From now on I am not admitting that I am the homeowner. I will be the babysitter
    Tweets77, kenrod, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Periodically we get these energy companies canvassing at our door wanting to check our gas or electric bill, or to check out our furnace. They say that they are contracted by Enbridge or Hydro One and are authorized by them to check out your furnace. They claim that our Enbridge or Hydro One bills say that they will be sending a representative to inspect our furnace or water heater.

None of my bills say anything like that. In addition to that, any reputable company would make an appointment with you to do any kind of an inspection. It amazes me that people fall for the scam of door to door sales people who just happen to be in your neighbourhood to inspect your furnace.

One other thing about the energy companies, is that they seem to change their names from time to time. So if you do sign a contract with them, they may be a different company (that could have been sold to another or whatever reason) in a year's time. Direct Energy is now called EnerCare, for example.

This type of business should be regulated because it seems like a free for all to anyone who has a badge and a clipboard. They way they can bully seniors or immigrants by telling them this is the way it is.

In this day and age where there is a fear of home invasions, I would not trust anyone from an energy company, or a Jehovahs Witness coming to my door unannounced.

There ought to be a law, but at least if the person doesn't leave when I tell them to, I will not hesitate to contact the police to charge them with trespassing.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Really sorry to hear about that. Wish your experience has been different. You should call the company and place a complaint because this person can do this to another person and he should either be fired or given some kind of help.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We are looking people who suffered from ECO Energy Home Services. They made a forgery of our signatures in rental agreement. The matter now in small court. If somebody experienced problems with this company please contact us. We appreciate your help.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2016 View Post
    We are looking people who suffered from ECO Energy Home Services. They made a forgery of our signatures in rental agreement. The matter now in small court. If somebody experienced problems with this company please contact us. We appreciate your help.

Really ? Wow ! That's criminal offence, if that's true

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I would have closed the door on him long before he started treating me the way he did to you. Then I would have looked out the window and very loudly pretended I was speaking to the cops on the phone for him trespassing. Additionally when we do have a property again I will be putting a 'trespassers will be shot" sign in the window. haha we'll see if they bother me then. The last place we had a HUGE beware of dog sign in the window and no one ever bothered us. Meanwhile we only had two ridiculously sucky cats in the home.
    walkonby likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Summer is here, these people and others like them will be out in full force now.

They will lie, mislead, use deception, threats, misrepresent, abuse - you name it, they will do anything to get a sale.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Door to door sales should be illegal. I get a lot of kids coming around asking for donations for their school (so they can buy books). Do schools not get money from the government for this? Anyways, it's so hard to say no to kids. I just gave a kid money last week and he had me sign my name in pencil. Now I'm wondering if I'm being suckered lol. They could just simply erase my name and keep the money. Who knows. Sales people in general can be pushy. I used to go to a gym for women only. They would make us see a "consultant" every few months to track progress. This one time the consultant was such a push b*tch. She was shouting at me because I refused to buy a meal plan or personal trainer. I was doing good on my own. It was obvious there was a huge commission involved for her. I ended up quitting that gym and going to another one. What the f*ck is it will sales people? Why do they assume everyone HAS to purchase what they are selling?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2016 View Post
    Wow ! You need to go to the media about this.

Ellen Roseman from Toronto Star , W5 from CTV , CBC Marketplace , all these consumer protection programs would love to hear your story.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have told him to just wait a minute while I checked a "text message" on my smartphone, dial 911 instead, and them put the phone to my side with the live call.....once the 911 operator hears the argument in the background, it would be short order before the cops showed up.

Thread Information