User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart coupons for optimum points

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Next time buy three $10 SDM gift cards for the "8,000 bonus Optimum points WUS $30 on almost anything" offer then use the gift cards for your purchases. You can get up to 8,600 points using this method (300 base points from buying the SDM gift cards + 8,000 bonus points + up to 300 base points from using the gift cards) and even more if you used a RBC Shoppers Optimum MasterCard to buy the SDM gift cards.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The digital coupons are a hit and a miss. I remember this discussion from other people and have learned that there is "total amount" and "spend amount". With the printed coupons I had some rejected because you can't discount it with manufacturer coupons which are the "total amount". Always have a backup plan for the equal amount of manufacturer coupons just in case.
    Anne the "clue" would be the total amount at the bottom of the receipt.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Fri, Aug 7th, 2015 at 02:12 PM.
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

In my experience, manufacturers $-off coupons are fine to use and are counted by the system as if you paid "cash", but the following DO NOT WORK, meaning you have to reach the correct subtotal for the reward AFTER these are deducted:

- in store shoppers coupons (ie. those $2 or $4 stickers that SDM sometimes puts on perishable items)
    - any FPCs

From what I can see, before the cashier enters a coupon, they must first enter a code into the computer telling the system the TYPE of coupon...the type of code they enter (ie. manufacturers coupon, in store coupon, free product coupon) will affect whether or not the coupons count towards the subtotal threshold.

Hope that makes sense…anyone else notice this, too??

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

My Wednesday offer was spend $60 get 16000 points. After coupons my total was less then $60 and I received my 16000 points.Name:  Scan10548.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  58.2 KB

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Often it is a cashier just entering the wrong code, so when you call they think it is a diff type of coupon
    MrsMer and Davetherave like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    The digital coupons are a hit and a miss. I remember this discussion from other people and have learned that there is "total amount" and "spend amount". With the printed coupons I had some rejected because you can't discount it with manufacturer coupons which are the "total amount". Always have a backup plan for the equal amount of manufacturer coupons just in case.
    No clue whatsoever what you are trying to say here.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I think whether its a code the cashier hits or a upc that's missed either way since they took the specific words out of the official policy saying coupons count as cash we have no arguement.
    That being said everytime my points haven't been issued I have called my points have been added immediately.
    It may be hit and miss withthe rep you speak to maybe an old rep would know your base points are how its calculated so they just do it where as a new cs rep may not know what is not printed right in front of them.

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Davetherave likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heres a new theory.
    for thouse who didnt get points.. when you spent the proper amount. and it got rung in as 2001...

any chance any of the coupons were from vitamins perhaps health section?

Because it never works for me. But i always use vitamin coupons...

mind you that seems silly to get the proper base points but it not work.. something is up anyways..
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    Next time buy three $10 SDM gift cards for the "8,000 bonus Optimum points WUS $30 on almost anything" offer then use the gift cards for your purchases. You can get up to 8,600 points using this method (300 base points from buying the SDM gift cards + 8,000 bonus points + up to 300 base points from using the gift cards) and even more if you used a RBC Shoppers Optimum MasterCard to buy the SDM gift cards.
    I didn't realize that the bonus offers work for SDM gift cards. I currently have an offer for 12000 points WUS 50 but it says not valid on gift cards.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    I didn't realize that the bonus offers work for SDM gift cards. I currently have an offer for 12000 points WUS 50 but it says not valid on gift cards.
    They arnt sapose to work. but some of the offers do credit from what i heard.
    I havent tested this becuz this is abuse of points. and i imagine if it was done a few times could result in account frozen. /
    or they may manually adjust points at a later date.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    They arnt sapose to work. but some of the offers do credit from what i heard.
    I havent tested this becuz this is abuse of points. and i imagine if it was done a few times could result in account frozen. /
    or they may manually adjust points at a later date.
    I've done it twice and haven't had any issues.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I'm going to say this again as I said in another thread. Most members are keeping quiet about this subject intentionally.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by my two canadian cents View Post
    i've done it twice and haven't had any issues.
    yet

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    I've done it twice and haven't had any issues.
    was it recenlty or months ago?

Last time i tried $50 to get 12000 on giftcard..did not work
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I think its not working with coupons anymore.

I spent 56 dollars yesterday and used about $18 in coupons and I did not get my points of 16000 wus 60000. I was then told by manager to call the 1800 number and I did for the first [and last] time. The dude on phone was an aswhole. He kept yelling at the top of the lungs and shouting...Due to being on cell phone, the buttons kept ringing...don't know how his girl would handle him! SDM still own me 8000 points [I spent $27 on Gillette cartridge that RCSS is selling $20 for, and still did not get my points because I used $4 coupon...but forget it!]

Anyway I gave up but then I was suggested by manager to return everything and buy-back [very nice mua]. Instead of getting $56 back, I got full value of $76 back and I re-bought and finally got my points of 16,000. SO it was stressful. I don't think I am going to be re-doing this...cannot put my shopping on hold until I go to SDM, only to be messed up! Arr
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information