4 (100%)

Name:  08-17-2015.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  56.1 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    DANGER

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

There's usually one bad neighbour in a building or on a street, sadly.
    The ones near us, gets drunk every weekend. Not our business. But while drunk, they SING LOUDLY AT 3 AM!
    Outside their house.
    Waking up other neighbours.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The neighbours on my left side are just perfect, friendly and would help us at a moments notice. The ones on the other side are a whole different story. They have called the humane society on us telling them our dogs have no tags. Called the police on my hubby's son playing hockey in the street, etc, etc. Just makes us want to move.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We don't have bad neighbours, just odd. I know it irks one of them when we park in front of their house (on the street.) He will put his car there rather than one of us park in front. We have three vehicles so it's more convenient to park on the street.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, DaveP and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have the worst neighbors ever - on both sides! They complain when we play our music, they complain when our kids fight and throw bottles at each other, they complain when I work on my bike at night, they complain when our dogs poop on their lawn and front steps, they complain about our nightly trash bonfires, then they complain when the seagulls get in our unburned trash and spread it through the neighborhood, they complain when the cops come over serving their silly warrants, they complain when my biker buddies come over and we have engine revving contests...

If it isn't one thing it's another with those people. Sheesh.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I have the worst neighbors ever - on both sides! They complain when we play our music, they complain when our kids fight and throw bottles at each other, they complain when I work on my bike at night, they complain when our dogs poop on their lawn and front steps, they complain about our nightly trash bonfires, then they complain when the seagulls get in our unburned trash and spread it through the neighborhood, they complain when the cops come over serving their silly warrants, they complain when my biker buddies come over and we have engine revving contests...

If it isn't one thing it's another with those people. Sheesh.
    Our neighbour's cat use to poop in our backyard. We would not find it until we mowed the lawn. And wondered what that smell was. Not a nice surprise - mowing over cat stuff. We sprayed with vinegar and it seems to stop the cat.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, DaveP and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    We don't have bad neighbours, just odd. I know it irks one of them when we park in front of their house (on the street.) He will put his car there rather than one of us park in front. We have three vehicles so it's more convenient to park on the street.
    The bylaw officers are quick in some neighbourhoods here. If people park on the road, overnight, they get a bad surprise -- a $20 ticket.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our solution was to buy a property with no neighbours. A little excessive I know. . .but it works for us. LOL!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to tell you something (my neighbour/friend) did to an old neighbour of his many years ago.

This neighbour was truly horrible, but my neighbour/friend (I will call Mr.T) was not someone to be trifled with either. SO after one exasperating week of problems with this particular neighbour, Mr.T placed an ad in the weekend paper for an OPEN HOUSE at his neighbours address and listed the price at aprox. $100k less than it was worth. Oh. . .and also the neighbours phone number

Well, you can imagine the "attention" this neighbour received from that ad. They had a week of non-stop calls and a very busy weekend turning away every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Evil or righteous retribution?. . . Hmmmm.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    Parking is an issue in my neighborhood too as everyone is incredibly territorial. You can hear yelling a few times a year in the frustration, it's so bad that vehicles are vandalized. Sometimes, you have neighbors pounded on your door asking you to move vehicles that don't even belong to you. I should also add that even our back alleys are littered with cars making it impossible for a fire truck to enter for a neighborhood garage fire.

Sadly the police and bylaw officers don't care anymore as the municipalities just want to densify, densify, densify neighborhoods to create affordable housing. It's gotten so bad that the police don't involved unless a gun is produced. The bylaw officers don't see it as a problem as they investigate during bankers hours when everyone's vehicles are gone to work.

As a courtesy, it's best to park in front of your own home and/or use the back. What one neighbor calls convenience is another's frustration coming home late after work and seeing nothing.

I've got a neighbour who demand lots of street parking for their multiple vehicles to parallel park, but demands everyone else to park in the back (or tight against one another on the street) so his vehicles have an easier time getting in and out. Everything thinks of him as a big jerk as he needs 4 houses of 33' street parking for his 5 vehicles of various sizes.

In the old days, when a neighbor gets a new vehicle, people come out to celebrate... now they see it as more parking issues like another mouth to feed.
    Last edited by xlxo; Tue, Aug 18th, 2015 at 02:26 AM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We have a great neighbour on one side and the neighbour from hell on the other. When we used to have a garden they would help themselves to whatever they wanted...tomatoes, corn etc and actually had the balls to tell us what they did.
    abbasgirl, Natalka, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've lived in a 6 floor apartment building for about 5 years, but have been really lucky with neighbours. When I first moved in there was a neighbour right beside me who would get into crazy screaming matches with her teenage daughter and the daughter would express happiness with loud squealing. They were never into music or anything, so I just grinned and bore a few minutes of loudness here and there until they moved out. There was a couple who were an absolute nightmare across from me for a few months - able to work but on welfare, always drunk and would loudly swear at each other in the hallway at all hours. But they were evicted because of their behaviour. Most of the other neighbours I have/have had are quiet as mice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    We have a great neighbour on one side and the neighbour from hell on the other. When we used to have a garden they would help themselves to whatever they wanted...tomatoes, corn etc and actually had the balls to tell us what they did.

I would have left a few big juicy tomatoes and injected them with something nasty. Hah! I can't stand people like that!
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a similar neighbour once.....he was one of those people who thinks everybody should like their dog. This was a new subdividion and he will leave the dog off leash and let the dog crap all over my lawn. I politely wrote them a letter saying I don't think it's fair that I have to be picking up their dog poo, and that they should try to be considerate of other. They ognore me and it continued.

So I went out and priced lumber, put a fence up along that side of the neighbour (a foot in from property line). However, I didn't stop there but instead sprayed the back with some colourful (different paint) quotes and saying along with pictures ...but nothing rude. They called teh city on me as well as the cops, but the inspector that came out said I could have gone higher than the 6ft due to the grading. The cop couldn't do anything idea because it's my fence and i can write whatever on it.

It was worth spending the money for some peace. A few months later the house went on the market and they moved. I'll post pics when I get home from work

Update: Here are the pics

Name:  fence 1.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  fence 3.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  fence 2.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  fence 4.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  44.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    I have to tell you something (my neighbour/friend) did to an old neighbour of his many years ago.

This neighbour was truly horrible, but my neighbour/friend (I will call Mr.T) was not someone to be trifled with either. SO after one exasperating week of problems with this particular neighbour, Mr.T placed an ad in the weekend paper for an OPEN HOUSE at his neighbours address and listed the price at aprox. $100k less than it was worth. Oh. . .and also the neighbours phone number

Well, you can imagine the "attention" this neighbour received from that ad. They had a week of non-stop calls and a very busy weekend turning away every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Evil or righteous retribution?. . . Hmmmm.
    Last edited by beachdown; Wed, Aug 19th, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We have multiple issues where I currently live. We are in a townhouse complex and a lot of people think they are above the rules and by laws of the complex and now that we have a new board and property management group in place who are enforcing all of the rules many are not happy.

We live in a courtyard situation our front yards are communal property and we have each have our own fenced in back yard. Many of our neighbours feel they can let their doors out their front door to do their business in the courtyard and as long as they do not see them they do not have to clean up after them, or some feel if their children/teens walk the day since they are children/teens (we are talking 10+ here) that this means everyone should be okay with the poop not getting picked up because there are only kids and they don't get it (yep that is how you teach them responsibility).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information