User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ASUS T100 TRANSFORMER BOOK 32GB - opinions wanted

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good eyes...yes I did. It was the HP Stream 11.6, 2GB/32GB notebook $199 running Windows 8. I purchased gift cards and used some points to bring the price down. My son already has an iPad 2 mini that I got for $120 for when we are in the car / plane, and just needed the laptop for school work and to play Minecraft. The HP I have is running Windows 7 with an intel processor, and has been going since 2011.

Note: 2GB is the amount of memory (RAM), not storage space. As mentioned up thread, I have a portable pocket size Western Digital storage device that stores movies, photos, programs, documents, etc. I'll say get the Stream for you grandson...comes in Blue and Magenta...it's obvious which colour he will like . LOL

Name:  19aqe5uvw0p3.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  25.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    beachdown, I noticed you picked up an HP unit from shoppers recently. May I ask which model?

I'm calling around my local SDM and having trouble with them giving me the correct model numbers so I could print out the specs for comparision.

Right now they have 2 HP units in the flyer.

HP Stream 11.6, 2GB/32GB notebook $200

HP 15.6, 2GB notebook $270 (they told me regular price is $350)
    Clerk gave me a model number which doesn't match any hp 15.6 when I google.

I'm not worried about the 2GB. My daughter says she has some kind of external something for more GBs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Good eyes...yes I did. It was the HP Stream 11.6, 2GB/32GB notebook $199 running Windows 8. I purchased gift cards and used some points to bring the price down. My son already has an iPad 2 mini that I got for $120 for when we are in the car / plane, and just needed the laptop for school work and to play Minecraft. The HP I have is running Windows 7 with an intel processor, and has been going since 2011.

Note: 2GB is the amount of memory (RAM), not storage space. As mentioned up thread, I have a portable pocket size Western Digital storage device that stores movies, photos, programs, documents, etc. I'll say get the Stream for you grandson...comes in Blue and Magenta...it's obvious which colour he will like . LOL

Name:  19aqe5uvw0p3.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  25.7 KB
    Thanks! Could you give me the model number please?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^
    ****Item model numberK2L95UA#ABA****

Name:  81xeWzkbLNL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  60.1 KB
    Name:  610tiVcntNL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  14.6 KB

This device is eligible for a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 ****[However, I won't upgrade at this point]****

Small storage devices, like devices with 32GB hard drives or older devices with full hard drives, may need additional storage to complete the upgrade.
    You'll see instructions during the upgrade telling you what to do. You may need to insert a USB flash drive to complete the upgrade.

HP 11.6" Stream 11-d010wm Laptop PC:
    Key Features and Benefits:

• Eligible for free Windows 10 upgrade, coming soon!
    • Intel Celeron N2840 processor
      2.16GHz (with a Max Turbo Boost Speed of 2.58GHz)
    • 2GB DDR3L SDRAM system memory
      The Windows 8.1 laptop gives you options for surfing, video conferencing, documents, basic photo editing and simple computer tasks
    • 32GB eMMC Flash hard drive
      Save to flash storage for quick and easy recall. Store 21,000 photos, 9,000 songs or 16 hours of HD video and more.
    • 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
      Wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your 11.6" laptop
    • 11.6" HD AntiGlare WLED-backlit display
      Intel HD Graphics
    • (DVD/CD DRIVE NOT INCLUDED with the Windows 8.1 laptop)
      Making the laptop thin and lightweight for portability
      To view our selection of USB CD/DVD Drives, click HERE

Additional Features:
    • Cloud storage included: Get 1TB of Microsoft OneDrive so you can store all you want for a year
    • $25 Microsoft Gift Card for purchasing games, movies, music and more
    • HP TrueVision HD webcam
    • SD memory card reader
    • 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x headphone/microphone jack
    • 3-cell lithium-ion battery for up to 7 hours run time
    • The HP Stream Laptop Stream 11-D010WM is 2.82 lbs, 0.78" x 11.81" x 8.1"

WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you everyone for your advice.

I couldn't find the HP stream 11" at shoppers in town. Must be popular. With back to school, they sold out last weekend. I guess because of sale price and bonus optimum points.

But, I was able to find the HP 15.6 just 45 minutes out of town. Last one. Has the newer textured cover. Clerk said the older ones have a shiny finish and held finger marks.

She offered to hold it for me until Friday so I can get 20x points on the difference (redeeming $170).
    Small town = big service!

Thanks again.

ps, I think I'll keep my eyes opened for the hp stream 11", good sale and optimum points, for myself. To throw in my bag to lug back and forth when going to the lake. I like that there is no number pad on the right, making the touch pad in the centre. Would be great for simple email and general internet surfing.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perhaps one of the friendly member on here can get it for you and send it over????

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    Thank you everyone for your advice.

I couldn't find the HP stream 11" at shoppers in town. Must be popular. With back to school, they sold out last weekend. I guess because of sale price and bonus optimum points.

But, I was able to find the HP 15.6 just 45 minutes out of town. Last one. Has the newer textured cover. Clerk said the older ones have a shiny finish and held finger marks.

She offered to hold it for me until Friday so I can get 20x points on the difference (redeeming $170).
    Small town = big service!

Thanks again.

ps, I think I'll keep my eyes opened for the hp stream 11", good sale and optimum points, for myself. To throw in my bag to lug back and forth when going to the lake. I like that there is no number pad on the right, making the touch pad in the centre. Would be great for simple email and general internet surfing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to rebuild my points balance. And bank balance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information