User Tag List

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Just a frugal tip - my husband vacuums our filters, so they don't need changing as often.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny thanks for your review on the Korean beef, I look forward to trying it. My 2 boys might not like it though but one never knows until we try it and see

For all those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries over the next week, cherish the memories & celebrations
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

September is here and Christmas is around the corner....better get my but in gear as I want to have the boys stockings done by Halloween.

I have set a few goals for myself for this month
    1. get the boys back in the kitchen (baking & making 1 main course per week - then alternate)
    2. paint all the bedroom & bathroom doors to freshen them up
    3. make use of the kitchen oven - make a dessert or something to take advantage of the energy use
    4. make meal plan for the next week (sit down with the guys so that guys have the ingredients for their recipes)
    5. canning tomatoes, pears, apples for later use

And that's it and enough (haha)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I noticed I have an offer for 4,000 PC points WUB that new Cheerios variety. I will stick to the plain jane variety as I don't need any more incentive to eat more sugar. Plus, it will cost $2.80 for the bus and I'll potentially be late in picking up LO. Saving money by skipping freebies. Go figure!

I traded locally for some stockpile items with another stockpiler for items that we can both use. Score!

Next week, something is going on sale that I purchased last week.

QOTD: Do you ever return things to get a lower price or do you keep the item? And how often do you do it? Does it make a difference on how long you've had the item?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive lunch hour! Went home and made eggs and toast. Hung load of laundry out to dry. Went to top up gas tank (had 1/2 tank but with the long weekend coming didn't want to risk the price going up- paid 97.5L. Went into CT and put cash from work expense on my credit card (Spent over $70 at SDM for work- Got 20 X the points for Optimum pts and put on my CT MC so I would get pts there too ) Cleaning up my Canadian Tire $ now. I have $800 left in CT GC's for my gas from the Foodland promo $42 for a $50 GC. Should do me into the new year for sure even with travelling for hockey.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley very good customer service wherever you had dinner, very kind of them to give you $50 towards your next meal, plus the desserts, etc.

We purchased gas yesterday, the pump didn't give us a receipt this am I went online and we were charged the full pre-authorized fee, called credit card company, they said to call the gas station as the actual amount that we pumped/got should have already appeard as the pre-authorized amount and actual amount are post at the same time. So after talking to cc company dh, is now gone to the gas station to figure all this bs out. If it's not fixed we will need to dispute the transaction and no guarantee we will not have to pay the full amount....sigh...fingers crossed it all gets worked out.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I noticed I have an offer for 4,000 PC points WUB that new Cheerios variety. I will stick to the plain jane variety as I don't need any more incentive to eat more sugar. Plus, it will cost $2.80 for the bus and I'll potentially be late in picking up LO. Saving money by skipping freebies. Go figure!
    @sweet sparrow , Check the expiry date on that PCPlus offer, my 3 offers all expire Sept 10th which gives me a chance to find some on sale next week, that is IF I really want those Cheerios here ( DH seems interested ). I had just gotten back from WM when i logged in and saw mine, no way I wanted to waste gas to drive to the not so convenient RCSS. Fingers crossed for us both!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Also the new RCSS flyer shows a promo for 3000 PC pts when you spend $10 on cereal! They would be paying you to grab some

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

For the flyers that are posted for start date Friday I am happy that nothing is calling me in! So we can concentrate on using up all the stuff I bought on the weekend (and I noticed we have more red cherry tomatoes ready for picking in the garden )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today has been pretty productive, despite my lack of sleep. I picked up and vacuumed the living room before the lady arrived to help with the twins at 10am. We went grocery shopping and spent about $150 at Sobeys, but it's all stuff that will get eaten. Some items were expensive and rarely purchased items. She washed the dishes when we got back to the house. I put away the frozen and refrigerated items before one of the babies needed to be nursed. The lady headed home when the public health nurse arrived at 1:00. The twins are growing great. Eli is now 7lbs and Lily is 6lb 8oz. She was impressed that I still have more than enough milk for the twins. Tonight is gymnastics registration for LO, which dh will be attending. I might have all of the children asleep soon, which means I could get a nap. I'm just now eating "lunch" at 2:30 in the afternoon.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Work day is done and tomorrow I'm taking it off for a vacation day! Yipppe! Will put a load in the wash of stuff to stay caught up on laundry and hang it out to dry in the morning. Both kids have haircuts tomorrow and my teen has his 3rd shift at his new job. Life is good

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Tomorrow will be a day of canning pears as 1/2 of them are ripe and ready. Also took a peek in the garden yikes tomato aisle so that will be Thursday's plans along with the apples. For this batch of tomatoes I will be bagging them for the freezer for casseroles etc. And then I believe Friday will be pears again.

I normally pressure can the tomatoes but this year there has not been an overwhelming amount of tomatoes ripe at the same time so I took a different approach, hopefully I don't regret my choices/decisions but heck we learn as we go, right ladies.

Logan is coming back home, he went to stay with my parents on Saturday and so my baker will be back home. We'll see if over the weekend we can't get some dessert choices for the kids lunches and sweets after supper.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an amazon code from swagbucks, it says 10 days but wondering if perhaps it is immediate? thought I would check with my frugal and knowledgeable friends 1st.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 glad you found the lady helpful today, hopefully it works out and you can relax a little more with the extra hands

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@jasperandchar - amazon dot ca codes from SW - I've gotten it at least the next day or two. Last one I got there was a sale on for the $25 one.

Just put a chicken on to roast, along with potatoes. Our son is coming over for supper.
    Well, actually he called to see if he could shower here - the house where he lives (or the street water main?) has water problems AGAIN - must be so frustrating for them!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@jasperandchar Sounds like you have a busy week ahead.
    @Angela273 Good to hear the babies are doing so well. Take advantage of the offered help...

I got groceries this afternoon. Used 120,000 PC Plus points and got back 23,700 Had a lot of good offers this week.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information