User Tag List

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

An interesting start to the weekend. Today was day one of LO's potty training. She was dry all morning, but we did take her to the potty routinely (early morning, after breakfast, and before nap). Completely dry. Put her to nap and I went out for groceries. DH picked her out of bed completely soaked. He put her on the potty but she didn't do anything. A few seconds later, she had an accident. Then another downstairs, then another when I came home. Then another when I was playing with her in the back room. Then another in the front room. I'm hoping she's realizing that something is not right and stops because it seemed like a cluster of accidents. Then in the later evening, she seemed to make a game of running to the potty with nothing happening. Finally, just before bed, she told us she had to go and she did it! Phew!

I've heard about this mythical three day potty training, but I'm still skeptical so far.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good luck with the potty training! It will all work out eventually

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good luck with the potty training SS. It does take time and patience for them to learn. We had to put the heat on this weekend and we awoke to some snow on the ground-yuk. I am sure it will warm up by the end of the week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday. Guess I better get up. Got the kids school supplies together. They each have their pile ready so I just need to confirm its all there then put in knapsacks today. All laundry is caught up and put away. Will do a few blankets today since it will dry quick outside. Need to pull something from the freezer for dinner. Will have with potatoes of some sort and salad and veggies from crisper to use up. DS works today so will work on garage and take his brother to the beach in between driving him there and picking him up. Time for coffee and egg on an English muffin

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well this could be a mistake-I bought a Costco membership today! I know we had one once before and didn't really feel it saved us money but I thought I would get one again and try for a year. I like some of the things you can buy there and will not buy things that cost more than the grocery store. If I fill up my gas tank there and get propane and prescriptions there it should cover the membership fee over a year.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Wow everyone is busy

JnC good job on the canning

SS potty training will be worth it in the end just need some patience

I am going on Tuesday with my DD to look for a car,i hope i find one soon.Well have to do some cleaning.Too all you ladies have a good rest of the weekend and a restful Labor day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well we had a nice gathering last night all our grown kids and "ashlyn" at 6.00
    -we treat our kids to 5 guys for our daughter's birthday end of august -we sat around and talked til 9.00
    -daughter and her hubby slept over so nice to see them and chat with them

-did laundry today and popped into shoppers -cant stand going to grocery store when super busy
    -yeah just sold a purse of mine and a evening purse of daughter's -listen to this I bought a purse for 2.00 at a garage sale -then turned around and sold it for 8.00 on kijiji -yeahhhhh

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow good luck with the potty training, all kids are different and mine eldest was not potty trained until right before school he would not have it so almost 4 and youngest was potty trained at 2....it will happen in due time I am sorry to say
    @YOU AND ME happy car searching
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain I believe if you get the Costco credit (which I do not have) and don't get enough in rewards to cover your membership they will reimburse the fee it's something like that

Personally we only have a membership because we no longer get propane delivery so we fill our 100lbs tanks there as it's the cheapest place. It's hit and miss this are supper cheap or expensive. The good thing is you can return items up to a year later if they break etc without questions.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got a couple loads of laundry done. The afghan I started yesterday is almost half done. Didn`t feel like making supper so got a takeout pizza. Had to wait so long they gave me a free coffee while I waited.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I ended up with a sink full = a bushel of tomatoes and 19 quarts of tomatoes in their own juices (however my jars are not filled to the neck as my tomatoes are 1/2 cooked and still need room for the extra juice while cooking).

Dh complained all afternoon and this evening that the house was so hot that he needs to get moving on my summer kitchen (haha) however I think that is only talk as we have so many other pressing renos and it was in the heat of the moment.

I have decided for my birthday later this month I would like a coleman stove for home, we have 1 at the cottage BUT it would be handy to have at home when the weather is so hot like all this week. I think I may be able to persuade him to get it for me as an early present as I will have atleast another bushel of tomatoes to can in the next week or so. And I still want to can atleast another bushel of apples.

Name:  DSCF5581.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  32.1 KB Name:  DSCF5586.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  41.4 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow! Great job with the canning!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Has been a productive morning so far. Had 2 pick ups this morning from our storage locker we bid on. $30 cash in hand today ($5 yesterday lol) We sorted and cleaned up the stuff yesterday and posted all of it for sale. Have tons of pick ups lined up for the next few days too! So happy to see it all go and to see our envelope of money build up for the next bidding war lol. Did a load of wash and just hung it out to dry. Will put it away as it dries. Have the lunch plan for the boys ready and set for tomorrow so will make the lunches this evening so I'm not rushing in the morning. Will fry eggs up while making dinner tonight for egg mcmuffins for breakfast Will keep puttering around the house today but am so happy that I am ready for back to school with no last minute rushing. Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

JnC wow on the tomatoes,love tomatoes but can't eat them to much acid.Nancy love you farm house sink
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I guess I should get off this and go putter! See what other pick ups I can arrange so I can finish cleaning my garage

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information