User Tag List

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow Nancy, those close calls are scary, I am glad it didn't end up worse than it did.

Sassy, what can I say, if it is not going to go well it always seems to be you that gets the crappy end of the stick!

A very busy week here, covering some holidays for a gal at work so worked a ton this week. So much for retirement!! There is a definite fall chill in the air here, went down to 2 last night and a really cold rainy forecast for the weekend, but like true Albertans we will be ending our last long weekend of the summer at the cabin in the water taking our dock and boat lift out of the water. making a pot of chili for all the helpers that come!!

Feeling kind of nostalgic today, my last of four kids starts grade 12 today, the years have flown by. we went through the tote of back to school clothes I had purchased at 70% off last February and he asked me if I could still find clothing deals for him even when he is off to University!! A new chapter is starting in my life and I have to start making plans for my husband and I when we are empty nesters!!Thank goodness my granddaughter started grade six and I will still have her around to spoil!!

Enjoy the day everyone, I will be on the operating end of the vacuum for most of the day, we had new windows put in and there is dry wall dust everywhere, and I mean that stuff gets every where. Oh well a jump start on my fall cleaning!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TG-I will be just one year behind you being an empty nester and it will feel weird. Just got some chicken thighs for .88 lb at No Frills so happy with that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    TG-I will be just one year behind you being an empty nester and it will feel weird. Just got some chicken thighs for .88 lb at No Frills so happy with that.
    Kind of scary and exciting all at the same time isn't it!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I'm back Dr. thinks i have GERD seems every night when i go to bed i cough constantly,that's why i'm getting very little sleep.I have to change my diet and lose at least 30lbs.The good new final got rid of my headache the Dr said it was probably do to the humidity as i'm prone to headaches when it's humid

JnC that's scary about your mil glad no one was hurt. A few yrs ago before my granddaughter was going to school i was babysitting her and she went everywhere with me .Tuesdays we would go to Walmart this particular day she was home sick i got slammed by a snow plow right where she sits,total the car i said a little prayer that day.I do believe thing happen for a reason

TG i know what you mean when you talk about empty nest both of my girls left home before i was 40
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh you were a young mom YouandMe, I had one gone by 40...been at this being a mom thing for a long time!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh empty nesters -it is hard mine left when I was 47 -daughter left first then my son when I was 50 but we still had mom til 2 years ago -so empty nesters for 2 years now -I do miss them sometimes -not the grocery bills that is for sure

-well ladies sent hubby to fortinos to get some fruit for the house -told him hope you spend 20.00 cause I get extra points
    -well I told him 4 slices of watermelon -he got 2-a bunch of seedless grapes -he got a handful -at least he used the free coupon for blueberries and the girl had to call manager over cause she said it doesn t look like the picture (strawberries) I got him to get blueberries -they are still berries -lol the manager said okay
    -need less to say he didn't hit the 20.00 mark was 1.and change short -oh well

-plus I needed bread 4.69 for a loaf of musliel-country harvest I said oh well he spent 26.18 and said look I did better than you do
    -I bit my tongue -cause I never pay 4.69 for bread -oh well it sure helped cause I just ate a banana-I couldn't go shopping when I need to stay near a toilet -lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley what a disappointment about the delivery, I would definitely make an official complaint and follow up if they don't reply after a set amount of time. Hope you get some resolution financial or otherwise. Best of luck with the assembling
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well the house is blazing hot as I started peeling apples at 9am and finished the canning process at 130pm. I'm tired but happy I got the apples done.

FIL brought me over some apples yesterday which we were not included in this mornings canning.

The apples FIL brought I will peel tonight and put in the freezer for later use.

Well anyways I ended up with 12x 1 litre jars of apples in medium syrup. I finally got the rhthym of things and it was over. I will admit my apple peeler wouldn't work this am so I ended up peeling apples for 3 hours....sigh...but it's done AND I'm glad.

I need to have another look at the remaining pears and gather the tomatoes from the garden. It will be nice to have all these goodies in jars and/or freezer for later use. BUT I'm pooped but grateful for all the free pears and apples so I shouldn't complain.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks regarding MIL's accident and Jaden not being in the vehicle.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@YOU AND ME I'm happy to hear your headache is gone. I too would like to lose 30lbs so I will be joining the weight loss thread after school starts. My goal is to lose 5lbs a month which is a reasonable & healthy amount in my opinion. Good luck with the journey.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Today is build day, just taking care of a few business matters before we get started. Never fails day off and computers won't log on so I checked nothing wrong but since I had my laptop open might as well look into a customer question to get the details to sales manager so we can put that issue to rest. Also waiting for our shipping manager to get in so I can try to deal with another order, why do people not believe us when we say there is a 2 to 3 week turnaround on their order? So seeing if I can move things around and get this order out.

Is it 8 yet? I so want to go wake Mom up and get this day started. I moved everything around last night so we are ready to get started. I have before photos I hope to get up on my blog soon. I am hoping after this weekend things will slow down a bit. I know the house won't be done but will hopefully be in a much better place which will give me a little bit more me time.

Alright well might as well get some crochet done before Mom gets up, I am working on her Christmas present right in front of her and she has no clue, it is wonderful. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good Morning,

My headache has come back it was gone for a whole dayI was suppose to cleaning job today i called and cancelled on for tomorrow hopefully.

I off to bed see if i can sleep this headache away.Hope you all have a very pleasant day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Brrrr.... chilly overnight and the day will be the same. Maybe to the mid-teens... and probably rain.

Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

My Mom is home safe and sound. She's been telling me horror stories about the migrants in Budapest (the place looks like a war zone). I've been posting some details in Madchives' thread if anyone is interested.

On a brighter note, after 3 months of struggling, I finished bff's b-day present. When we were on the cruise, there was an art auction on the ship & we both fell in love with an abstract painting of a woman in a yellow dress looking out at the Mediterranean. We actually contemplated buying a piece of art together (neither of us had ever considered it), but it was way beyond our price range. Still, both of us were haunted by the painting. So, I came up with a plan to paint a little picture for D's bday. As I said, I have been struggling with the darn thing for ages & made tons of mistakes (I finally managed to sketch a semi decent pic, only to discover that the graphite shows through the paint ). Knowing bff, I'll get praised for my efforts (if not my skills ). So, without further ado, here she is:

Name:  P1100293.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  84.0 KBName:  P1100293.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  84.0 KB

Off to get some stuff done around here. Have a lovely evening of theatre planned for tonight, then, with any luck, I'm off to the Ex in the morning. Sunday will be a day of rest.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! I hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend. It's my best friends 40th bday today so we are having a bbq gathering tonight. So happy that we have sunshine! Tomorrow DS is going to a friends birthday party so any running around I will do while he is gone but I don't think I really need anything so will work on cleaning the garage and any outside projects I wanted to get done. Clean up and paint the entrance door trim etc and clean the stones on the step (they are full of mildew) I also need to wipe down my car on the inside and vacuum it and put in my new mats
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Good Morning,

My headache has come back it was gone for a whole dayI was suppose to cleaning job today i called and cancelled on for tomorrow hopefully.

I off to bed see if i can sleep this headache away.Hope you all have a very pleasant day
    Hi YOU AND ME!

For the longest time I get waking up with a migraine every day. I would take Excedrine Migraine which is acetaminophen- 1 regular dose, + aspirin- 1 regular dose and the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee worth of caffeine. You might try that combination. After years of just suffering with no meds working it was a miracle - pain gone in under an hour.

But, I recently cut aspartame, and dairy and most sugars from my diet and - voila- migraines gone!

I hope you can find some relief!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information