User Tag List

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just finished the afghan I started on Saturday. I knew I shouldn`t have had that coffee...was awake all night.

Nancy we have the exact same faucet as you. I love it but sometimes have trouble turning it to spray.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Just finished the afghan I started on Saturday. I knew I shouldn`t have had that coffee...was awake all night.

Nancy we have the exact same faucet as you. I love it but sometimes have trouble turning it to spray.
    I would call the company I believe it has a life time warranty as it never hurts to call and ask/complain.

I love the faucet but I never use the spray.

I hope you get some rest today even a nap would do you wonders.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had a bit of a scare with baby girl on Friday morning. She was suddenly bleeding from her belly button, but no smell of infection. They were 5wks old, so her belly button had been healed for a while. Got in to see the doctor that morning and found out that he thinks that the tube from her bladder to her umbilical cord didn't seal off properly after she was born. The bottom half of the tube closed off, but the top half towards her belly button did not. He told us how to care for her to avoid infection and it should fix itself over the next few weeks. If it does not, then she will be referred to a urologist and the doctor would chemically burn the tube to seal it off. I have the technical name written down. She seems to be fine now and it has not bled since Friday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well it's another blazing hot day.

They were calling for rain BUT I took a chance and did a load of laundry and it's now all folded and put away as it dried in no time with the scorching heat outside.

I'm waiting for the pharmacy to call, I was trying to arrange to pickup Jaden's meds tomorrow while we are out. And of course I get the pharmacist who always gives me heartache with these meds. yes I know they are a controlled substance (ADH meds) but really 2 days early is not like it's ever been a problem. She does this every time his meds are due to be filled and I even had the doctor write a new prescription as I thought that was the problem BUT nope it's the pharmacist.

So here's hoping she fills the script or I will have to stop in tomorrow and ask someone else to fill it IF she is not there. I really don't want to drive 30 minutes on Thursday to pick up his meds when there is absolutely no problems of abuse or otherwise. Oh well that's my complain for the day. fingers crossed she released the script tomorrow.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 hope it heals itself, hugs & prayers for your daughter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am stubborn and managed to do some more baking with LO. We experimented and made cheese rolls/buns on Saturday, but they were only ok. Last night we eventually managed to bake oatmeal squares, the ones I baked a week ago. We also roasted a picnic ham yesterday.

We got a few gifts for our 3yr olds birthday, which is on Wednesday. I had ordered a floating boat bath toy from Pampers points that just arrived on Friday. I bought a few things from Dollarama: alphabet flash cards, a large bouncy ball that has a flashing blue and red light inside, and a minions chapstick. LO likes all three of those things. I ordered a 10", $30 DQ icecream cake.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Did not sleep much of the night. Had a family get together yesterday - my head was exploding by the time we got home. Always seems to happen after get togethers. I do much of the planning but everyone contributes food wise. I should learn to relax a little but it is hard when some family members see fit to sit and visit while a few do all the work. Always the same story and I really don't know how to change it other than sitting myself and just see what happens. But I know this would stress my Mom out as well. Any thoughts?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We had a bit of a scare with baby girl on Friday morning. She was suddenly bleeding from her belly button, but no smell of infection. They were 5wks old, so her belly button had been healed for a while. Got in to see the doctor that morning and found out that he thinks that the tube from her bladder to her umbilical cord didn't seal off properly after she was born. The bottom half of the tube closed off, but the top half towards her belly button did not. He told us how to care for her to avoid infection and it should fix itself over the next few weeks. If it does not, then she will be referred to a urologist and the doctor would chemically burn the tube to seal it off. I have the technical name written down. She seems to be fine now and it has not bled since Friday.
    Oh, gosh, scary indeed. Sure hoping all heals well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh angela scary for sure -glad its a bit better

-cooked a lovely chicken ,mashed potatoes ,broccoli and lovely tea biscuits -wow haven't eaten in like ages a nice meal -cause of being sick for 5 days

-going to pick up "ashlyn" at my daughter-in-law's parents at 6.00
    -then my brother's ex wants to come meet ashlyn with my 19 year old niece no problem come at 7.00 -ashlyn goes to bed at 8.30

-my gum has been killing me all day -remember I have to live with this problem -so I just rubbed some whisky on my swollen gum -like our parents use to do when we were teething -well it helped plus took extra strength Tylenol -don't want to take Tylenol 3 I have as we are watching "ashlyn" I will just suck it up

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Did not sleep much of the night. Had a family get together yesterday - my head was exploding by the time we got home. Always seems to happen after get togethers. I do much of the planning but everyone contributes food wise. I should learn to relax a little but it is hard when some family members see fit to sit and visit while a few do all the work. Always the same story and I really don't know how to change it other than sitting myself and just see what happens. But I know this would stress my Mom out as well. Any thoughts?
    @mom 0f5boys I can totally relate my MIL will sit on her arse during Christmas dinner, leave before the dishes and not help set the table etc. So now I loudly say I could really use a hand and well of course my hubby, kids come and FIL tells MIL to give me a hand. But still doesn't help with the dishes....sigh

We now alternate years last year was her house and I did help her with clean up and started the dishes (which I didn't used to do because of the following) but when she went out for a smoke while I was doing this I stopped and went and sat down with everyone else.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Angela scary indeed hope everything works out for the better

It's so hot here usually the basement is cool not today but they says rain is coming,i hope we don't get severe weather as it happens often when you have many days of heat
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So pharmacist called back and I'm good to go to pick up Jaden's prescription thankfully, she was a little confused and didn't bother reading the new prescription so going forward atleast for the next year it shouldn't be an issue.

I decided to treat the guys to pizza as I still had some birthday $ from last year, they were really happy.

I'm a little peeved at my mom, when Logan spend a couple days I asked if she could bring him to sportchek to pick up indoor school shoes which she did. I asked her how much I owed her and she said nothing it was a pleasure to buy him the shoes so I was over the moon. Today she called and we were chatting and the shoes came up again and she said I could her give the $ the it next time we see each other so now the $ has been put towards something else and funds are no longer available until next month or whatever.

I've decided that when she gives me my birthday $ I will give it back to her or the proper amount for the shoes....

I wasn't expecting not to reimburse her that is not the issue the issue is that she is changing her story which is a constant pet peeve with her.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

(Been trying since yesterday to sign onto SC, finally something clicked. )

Had fun busy weekend. Theatre on Friday night was interesting. Not quite my cup of tea, but the acting was outstanding, the set was amazing, and the audience was enthralled. If you wish to see a serious, angst-ridden play, Happy Place might be for you (yes, the title is the height of irony ).

Saturday we went to the Ex and watched the air show and saw some of the exhibits (sand sculptures, a tribute to Sherlock Holmes, a special WWI display with military personnel in authentic uniforms). Here are a few pics.

Name:  P1100302.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  20.6 KB

Name:  P1100309.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  9.0 KB

(lots of blue sky, never a good idea to try to shoot moving objects while staring into the sun )

Name:  P1100333.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  P1100339.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  65.8 KB

In addition, bff & I went over to the local pub for root beer (yes, I'm addicted ), so today has been a day of rest. Oh & bff LOVED the painting, so it was worth the effort and aggravation.

Off to get ready to go visit the neighbours. Guess I must be very wicked, cause there's no rest for me.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We camped again this weekend. BF took part of saturday, all of Sunday and part of today off I admit to feeling a tad peeved and pushed into camping this weekend as I had been looking forward to some me time.

I haven't had any time to myself since the 2 day's before bf came home from the hospital and keys face it me time is not the same a week after an accident with pain bc of a broken scapula.

I even had declined having a friend come spend 4 days with us because I was looking forward to the time.

He doesn't quite get it as since the end of July he's had hours to himself every day when I'm at work to sit and rest and get better. We both know I'm not improving near as fast as he is as I don't heal properly (part if a genetic disorder I have) and we now know the disorder also affects how my bones heal as well as cuts and bruises (most cuts or bruises take 3 months to fully heal and I end up on antibiotics as it also affects how I fight infections)

Complaining about me time aside I did enjoy our weekend. Saturday night I ended up driving home at 5am to sleep as he would not share the bed in his sleep (we went to bed around 4)and somehow the 2 bunks were full of sand. He showed up at 11 and scared the. bejezus out of me...and we went out for brunch.

On Saturday while he was at work rather than paying 10 dollars a wheelbarrow for wood I want through the bush and collected wood....over the weekend what I collected and he got in on it too worked out to a 50 dollar Savings.

Camping food wasn't as bad this weekend either because we had burgers from last weekend and buns as well as hot dog buns. I had purchased steaks and pork shoulder blade steaks for the weekend on sale so we packed them and some frozen chicken breast.

Next weekend I'm hoping to sort some cans n bottles to sell to up our Christmas fund as well as get the bags out of our yard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Sep 7th, 2015 at 07:10 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Angela that's scary!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information