Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

whack a mole -too funny lynn
    -well I cut the front lawn and back hung one load out on the line
    -neighbour decides to tell us we need to have a border of bricks around our white rock to control the pop up weeds -he is 63 and we are 56 -I swear he treats us like we are new home owners or 20 something -he can be annoying but I just shrug it off and it bothers hubby to no end
    -staying in today doing a bit of puzzle and cleaning

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lynn49 enjoy your time off from camping it can be exhausting sometimes
    @thriftygranny I feel for you re gullbladder it's worse than childbirth I swear. Hope your test comes back with nothing serious
    @coupon girl you should put a sign in your rocks saying if you don't like it don't look at it (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So a sweet part time employee called dh this am and said he's now on the list and things are fixed...phew

Still waiting for an appointment re our internet as it didn't work yesterday or barely, pretty crappy service considering I called on Tuesday and still no appointment NOT IMPRESSED, I've left a message asking to speak with the manager and have been promised an update before 4pm

Supper tonight is potatoes with gravy (left overs from lastnights supper) and pork chops (boneless).

Yesterday I made a super yummy supper bbq chicken drumsticks, dumplings with gravy and potatoes with gravy... should keep dh from complaining for a while.

I still desperately need to do some baking dh said to hold off because of this recent heat wave, however, it's very comfortable today.

I am not looking forward to snow but I am looking forward to more manageable temps.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening as my internet may crap out again.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got buttons sewed on 68 towels yesterday...didn`t have quite as many done as I thought. They`re all folded but I still have to tag some of them for AnnaMae`s.
    @thriftygranny Hope all went well with the stress test today.
    @Lynn49 I hear ya about whack a mole( love that BTW) I have a lot of swelling in my feet and legs too. Have to sit with my feet up and am supposed to wear the "old lady" stockings too. I didn`t get them because a friend who was used to putting them on patients said that with the condition my hands are in I would never be able to get them on.

Had blood work done this morning, eye injection this afternoon. My left eye is better than it`s ever been so we started treating the right one today. The swelling there hasn`t interfered with my eyesight yet but he wants to keep it from getting worse.

Brother called the other night and said my aunt from Tenn is visiting so will be seeing her tomorrow afternoon after I make all my towel deliveries.

Hope everyone is having a good and productive day.

Think I`ll go lie down for a while...see if the 3 black "buttons" I`m seeing will go away.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Well i'm the proud owner of said car and guess what i did a scratch promo at the dealer an won a cruise.I'm not sure where the cruise goes too as the promo just finish.My DD said Key West,Bahamas or a few other place have to wait till the web site is up.I guess we will be cruising come April lol

Crochetlady OMG so sorry to hear about the trouble with your eyes and enjoy your visit with your aunt

Well i off to grocery shop Maxi has spareribs on for $3.99 a lb not as good as they had awhile back but i having a craving for BBQ spareribs
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow Congrats YouandME!!! how exciting.

Well stress test is done I did the full 20 minutes with running for the last 8 minutes, it was hard but I wanted to really push myself.The cardiologist was not happy with how low my blood pressure was after, it was 120/80 in one arm and 57/44 in the other.He couldn't believe I didn't faint from it being so low.He feels something has been missed and is going to review all of my scans and ultrasounds that have been done the last few months. He told me to get to emerg if my arm or hand gets cold. Otherwise I feel ok, he wants me to keep walking daily but do it twice a day for shorter periods. Hopefully he will come up with some answers for me. I feel good about the appointment and he really took things seriously.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Sep 10th, 2015 at 06:32 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Hi everyone We were away camping for 9 days and after 5 days I am finally caught up on all the posts lol

Well the kids are all back to school this week and so am I lol. I made a last minute decision to sign up for a full-time online 2 year college business program that started this week. I figured since I am only watching school age children (thus I essentially have 6 hours off during the day 5 days a week), this is finally my opportunity to go to college. I've been living on my own since I was 17 and never had the time or the money to go. So I took the plunge and may be in over my head but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Wish me luck lol.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Thank you thriftygranny yes i'm very excited haven't won anything in the last few yrs

I hope the Dr fines out what wrong and can fix it

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

bobbiegirl how exciting you may as well do it if you can good luck

I was also on my own when i was 17 i got married and had my kids right away

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Hi everyone We were away camping for 9 days and after 5 days I am finally caught up on all the posts lol

Well the kids are all back to school this week and so am I lol. I made a last minute decision to sign up for a full-time online 2 year college business program that started this week. I figured since I am only watching school age children (thus I essentially have 6 hours off during the day 5 days a week), this is finally my opportunity to go to college. I've been living on my own since I was 17 and never had the time or the money to go. So I took the plunge and may be in over my head but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Wish me luck lol.
    Congratulations on the new chapter in your life. You will do fantastic!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@YOU AND ME Congrats on the new wheels and your big win.
    @bobbiegirl2010 I`m sure you`ll do great.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Thank you crochetlady

Well i just finished watching The Hobbit"The Battle of Five Armies"i really liked it.Well off to bed have customer tomorrow so will be off all day

Night ladies

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have caught up on most of the last few pages, Plenty happens around here in a short while. @thriftygranny you did a pretty great job on that stress test, I think they should be patting you on the back at least. Hoping they " don't " find a darn thing wrong with you. @Lynn49 , you always touch my funny bone with your old lady stories and how you are NOT even close to being considered one yet. Keep whacking them moles!! @jasperandchar , that was great for DH getting the block ( ban ) lifted for work. Thanks again for your preserving advice.

Today was up very early, after walking my pooches I headed out to FB to stock up on the Xtra Laundry liquid ( $1.67!! ), VH sauce ( $1.23! ), broccoli, carrots, spuds ( all great sales), grabbed some discounted meats too. Dashed back to get a nice meal started for the guys to take in tonight, ribs, fried rice, and a veggie stir fry. All went well, then I tidied the entire kitchen up ( NOT one dish left in the sink or the dish rack ) , did laundry, and settled in for a small nap because I wanted to be alert for the Jays game........yup, most of you know now, it was postponed because of rain in NY. That was such a letdown, almost worst than the beating they took last night!
    Looking forward to getting some Hellman's tomorrow, I actually have a coupon AND it is on CO51!! Been a while I am close to $20.00 but will need a couple more items to reach.
    Enjoy tomorrow everyone................ T.G.I.F.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds what to know!!!

Do you borrow items from friends, family members, neighbours?

And if it breaks are you prepared to replace?

Or do you do without and save to purchase or rent the item?
    3 yrs ago my answer would have been yes I borrow from family. In fact we shared a ride on lawn mower. I borrowed my dad's truck for 2 months from my mom...and the transmission went while I was driving it. I offered to pay for the repairs but the offer was declined.

Now...being so far away the answer is we don't borrow from my family. His brother...they borrow stuff from us bf borrows on occasion from them. Depending on the issue how why it broke...depends on the condition it's in when it's lent to us...for example bf borrows the chainsaw. ..It's not well maintained he gives it an oil change replaces the chain for them...inewysff the motor breaks it's more due to the lack of their regular care. If the blade or something breaks due to us misusing it...then yes we offer.

Friends up here....I'm slow to make friends so...no. back home yes I borrowed traded etc.

We have rented things...also saved for things too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Hallelujah! Last night was spent handwashing little socks and underpants. I already do less laundry now that this daycare doesn't accept cloth diapers. This weekend, we will be going to the dentist that's almost an hour away, with DH and I having appointments. I'm not sure if putting LO in a diaper for the morning will set her back.

I will borrow anything and everything if people would let me. Avoiding the research and time of buying the item is always welcome. I like to read all the reviews and ask lots of questions so a large purchase could literally take years. Plus, trying it out firsthand is much better than reading the reviews.

If it breaks, I will ask the person if they would like me to replace or offer them the cash value to purchase a different model. If there's something that needs replacing, like the sander I once borrowed, we bought more new sheets than what we borrowed when it was returned.

When LO borrows clothes, I use stain remover (home made) on all the stains and pre-treat or hand scrub all spots, before and after wearing. I use a toothbrush and soap to clean off the bottoms of shoes and clean out all velcro with a long pin before returning. Everything is sorted by size and neatly folded back into their original bags and boxes. If the lender only used fragrance-free, dye-free, etc. products, I will do the same.

I try to make it a general rule to always return things in better condition than I received it in and people generally feel comfortable in lending me most things because I try to take special care of their possessions while I have it. I always ask how they care or maintain the item and will do the same.

If the lender doesn't want it back and it has some resale value, I will shine it up and try and sell it, then offer the lender what I got for it.

DH is in favour of purchasing the item though, and I usually am if we need it for emergencies or if we can use it a few times. I've never really borrowed anything until LO and never really needed to. With LO growing out of clothes before a single wear, or gets fussy if I try to put on an article of clothing that is not approved, I borrow as much as I can! I also really appreciate that the stuff moves out of the house and I don't have to decide where to store or how to get rid of it.

For the most part, I lend out books and I always get a bit disappointed when it comes back dog eared or roughed up. But, the point of having the written word is to share the author's thoughts and I feel that if I'm able to share one of my favourite books and it brings someone else joy, why not? To be honest, I do feel a teensy pang of not wanting to part with it if it's a special edition or something not easily replaced.

@SassyAshley: Good luck on the organizing efforts!
    My family freely exchanges books throughout multiple branches...if I buy a book and I don't want to keep it I pass it on to mom who passes it on to my sisters then it goes to a couple aunts and a 2nd or 3rd cousin or four.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information