User Tag List

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Hi everyone We were away camping for 9 days and after 5 days I am finally caught up on all the posts lol

Well the kids are all back to school this week and so am I lol. I made a last minute decision to sign up for a full-time online 2 year college business program that started this week. I figured since I am only watching school age children (thus I essentially have 6 hours off during the day 5 days a week), this is finally my opportunity to go to college. I've been living on my own since I was 17 and never had the time or the money to go. So I took the plunge and may be in over my head but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Wish me luck lol.
    Good luck, bobbiegirl! I am sure you will do fine!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Busy week here we camped last weekend. Got our boys back Monday night. I've missed them so much. Tuesday is a blur. Wednesday was soccer, papers and make the connection night as well as bfs birthday. Last night we did his birthday supper and cake. I picked up my new pole lamp I ordered and got very sad news that a cousin had tragically passed away in an accident yesterday morning. He...got married 2 yrs ago they had a baby this past winter. My mom said its just feeling like she lost her own son. I've been in tears since I found out. Lots of memories lots of happy and now lots of worries for his wife and baby.

Taking a personal day from work. ..well got sent home because the tears just keep coming plus the power was out. This one of the few times I regret being so very very far from my family.

I can't decide if its...affordable to drive home for the funeral...days off, gas etc. I want to but at the same time it also feels...irresponsible work and moneywise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Saundyl - I am so sorry to hear about your cousin! Accidents always throw a shock into everyone's system! What a tragedy for his young family! My prayers go out to you and your whole family!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Awe thanks Avon, this has been quite the journey, but going to stay positive and keep plugging away.

It was hot today so I took advantage and painted my front and back doors, had been procrastinating all summer and I am glad I bit the bullet and did it even though I am not feeling the best.One more coat in the morning and it will be done. the taping probably took longer than the actual painting.

It is going to be a busy week, last lunch of the golf season to cater so that will keep me busy on Wednesday and Thursday. I really didn't enjoy the work this summer so it is time to give it up. I am not ready to just be at home, Jayden will be off to University this time next year so I need to take some time and see what kind of classes I can take or something like that!!

We are having a big weather cool down tomorrow so I hope I can find some time to bake a batch of oatmeal cookies...craving them. I was a few weeks ahead of everyone on the gingerbread craving and made a huge batch a few weeks ago!!

Saundyl, my condolences, young lives always seem a lot tougher to let go of.Thoughts are with you.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

person to post on here today (Sunday) wowzers everyone must be busy.

Supper tonight is 2 pork loins, mashed potatoes w/ gravy and carrots.

Logan and I made a double batch of a new banana bread recipe today (pinterest), we made 18 muffins and 1 large loaf, decided to see if the recipe was able to be into muffins vs. the loaf and yes they are however I now know this recipe needs to cool before removing from loaf pan & muffin pans.....

Jaden and dh went out to get a few items needed for the moose hunt and well I am less than impressed that they indulged in a meal out which was not in the budget, I will ask dh where this $ is to come from because I cannot afford to take it out of my grocery budget perhaps I am supposed to pull it from the air (sarcasm). They should know by now to eat before they leave or bring along snacks.

Watching Sister Wives marathon unfortunately I won't be able to watch the premier tonight as the guys are watching the new walking dead series not the actual walking dead...for those zombie lovers out there you know what show I'm chatting about. It's times like this I wish we had a 2nd receiver perhaps a nice birthday gift (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Awe thanks Avon, this has been quite the journey, but going to stay positive and keep plugging away.

It was hot today so I took advantage and painted my front and back doors, had been procrastinating all summer and I am glad I bit the bullet and did it even though I am not feeling the best.One more coat in the morning and it will be done. the taping probably took longer than the actual painting.

It is going to be a busy week, last lunch of the golf season to cater so that will keep me busy on Wednesday and Thursday. I really didn't enjoy the work this summer so it is time to give it up. I am not ready to just be at home, Jayden will be off to University this time next year so I need to take some time and see what kind of classes I can take or something like that!!

We are having a big weather cool down tomorrow so I hope I can find some time to bake a batch of oatmeal cookies...craving them. I was a few weeks ahead of everyone on the gingerbread craving and made a huge batch a few weeks ago!!

Saundyl, my condolences, young lives always seem a lot tougher to let go of.Thoughts are with you.
    It was quite the shock. I think I'm most sad for their baby because he'll never know his daddy.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I spent the morning spaced out or knitting. I wasn't ready to wake up but bf oh so nicely left his alarm on and it went off after he had already been gone from the room.

I'm debating doing a craft show in 2 weeks -the tables are free but I'd have to whip up more items to make it worth while driving out to it. Thinking of holding off for one more year as I really want to make my main items be my cuddly adult and baby blankets but the only ones I have ready right now are Xmas gifts.

I spent a couple hours folding laundry and going through my closet to take out things I haven't worn since I moved. Posted some on facebook to sell. I'd also like to sell the blue Coleman cooler and my tent as we haven't touched them to use them since 2012. BF prefers his extreme cooler and the camper. I kinda concurr. I just wish I had decided to sell them in june. I might wait now until next spring. As camping season is at its end -the territorial parks close on the 15th.

Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Sep 13th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello! DS's band made it to the next round of the contest so we are back in the big smoke in 2 months. Didn't get home till after 3 am Friday night and was dragging my butt yesterday. Thank gosh I was the DD or I would have been tired and hungover! Laundry is on the go and almost finished. Bought a Christmas gift for my niece today (Disney kitchen for $40 reg $79.99). Just popped out to RCSS to price match the wonder buns for $1.53 and use the $1 off coupon that expire today. Pack of burger buns for dinner one night this week and 2 hot dog buns for DS's birthday this weekend for the kids that don't like tacos or whatever we are having. Happy to have a bit of a plan for meals this week. Pulled a Mac and cheese from the freezer to thaw out. Will be dinner Tuesday night then in DS's lunch the rest of the week.
    Dinner tonight was BLSL chicken butterflied and baked on stone in oven with perogies, ceaser salad and corn on the cob (10 cents a cob at Walmart and RCSS) Cooked and extra breast to have with salad for lunch to tomorrow. Off to fold the towels and put them away

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That's so cool about the band. Is there anything on YouTube we can see and listen to?

Supper is chili finishing off cooking in the oven - but now the air is competing with smells from the cake I put in there!

Son will be over for supper; earlier he had to head out of the city to rescue his boss who had vehicle trouble at the lake.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went out to watch the little twins this aft while the parents took the bigger twins out. While I was gone DH and DD cleaned the house from top to bottom-perhaps I have to go out more on Sunday afternoon! I will be starting with yet another set of twins in Dec-word travels. We had a nice time in the mountains yesterday-DD and I rode the gondola up Mount Norquay to enjoy the views while DH and my brother biked for a couple of hours-met them for lunch at the food court in Banff. The fall colours are really turning here with some cooler weather-very pretty but not looking forward to winter.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

FBM, wow you must be so proud of your son.

As Natalka said I would love to see anything they have done!!

Lizzie, the leaves sure are turning here, took a drive to the lake today to put fresh linens on the beds for hunters coming from the states.I made a cup of coffee and enjoyed the fall colours and the peacefulness and sat on the deck and just relaxed by myself. It was so nice just to take some time to myself and enjoy the day. Fall is my favorite season but it is too short!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Morning ladies

Well spent most of the weekend in bed had a very sore throat,today i'm feeling better not 100%.Well not sure of what i'm up to today need to do some kitchen cleanup as my new appliances are coming on Wednesday.I need to do some laundry but i guess i will wait till my dd is finished with her laundry.

Well off to have some breakfast haven't eaten in a few days now i'm hungry
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

YOU AND ME take care of that throat! I hope it feels better soon!

This weekend was less productive than I had hoped, but it was still good. Short grocery trip, and spending time with friends and family, good times were had. I did most of the laundry, but now need to put it away (my least favourite part!)... Maybe tonight after work.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all! Beautiful sunny day here today and I am at work. Oh well. Working through my lunch and my honey is picking me up (he drove me to work today for a change ) and we are going for a walk. I told him I need him to bust my butt and help me get back at it so we are starting off slow. Brought healthy breakfast and lunch today Hope everyone has a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

WOW. Amazon had a deal on the Step 2 Art/craft desk for under $60 with FREE DELIVERY! Just bought one for my niece for her birthday next summer Checked my PC PTS. I just upgraded to the new World Elite MasterCard so should see my pts add up even faster. I have $296 on my MC and $44 on my 2nd PC plus pts card. I am trying hard not to redeem so I can save them for a shopping spree in the future. My freezers are full so really only going to be buying fresh stuff the next few weeks hopefully. (unless they reduce the roasts that they have in double packs at RCSS because no one is buying them then I will be buying tons

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It was very cold during our morning outing. Good thing I had Lily dog lying in my lap on the bench to keep me warm. Of course, she then needed to help me walk cause my leg fell asleep.

Yesterday, the brats and I had a Mission Impossible marathon (perfect way to spend a rainy day). Lots of eye candy in that show (I can't get over how cute Sam Elliot was back in the day - I'd forgotten he had a role during one season). Today is a do housework kinda day. Bleh. At least the sun is shining and the brats are happy. All told, life is good.

Off to convince one of the roommates to help with the vacuuming (or at least get out of the way! ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information