User Tag List

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

SS I thought that at a second hand store you may be able to do a bargain just for the carafe, or the cost of the whole thing might be less than buying a new one, then recycle the rest.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hot and beautiful here still. Burgers on the bbq with leftovers in the fridge. I think I may have to have a glass of wine too

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Well my appliances arrived but the fridge is to wide for the opening so tomorrow we well deconstruct the kitchen doorway.I was going to change all the moldings anyway.my now new fridge is sitting in the livingroom.I will be glad when everything is finished as my dd is in a foul mood
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Wed, Sep 16th, 2015 at 06:20 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Kinky Boots was a lot of fun! Great music, wonderful actors (as it happens, one of the thespians at my local hangout played a pivotal role in the show) and a fun evening in the city.

Name:  P1100371.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  128.1 KB

I'd forgotten TIFF was on (too many things happening these days) and ran smack dab into the middle of a premiere (street shut down and events in the park across from the theatre). Pure Life was giving out samples, so I sat on a bench, watching the papparazzi, listening to music and sipping raspberry ice tea while I waited for my friend to arrive. I really do love my hometown.

Name:  P1100373.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  84.0 KB

Better get back to the brats - they're feeling a bit deprived these days (first I leave them yesterday, then I spent today hanging out with thespians and babysitting the neighbour pup).

Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    I haven't read any of the book yet. Not feeling very great so been going to be almost as soon as baby does. Hopefully I can start soon. My house needs it! We are in the middle of some renos too so stuff is everywhere. Making me extra crazy!

We have so much baby stuff because we bought everything. Swings, car seats, jumperoos, bouncers, playpens, mini playpens, baby baths, etc, etc, etc. Thankfully my Mom let us store some stuff at her house!
    I'm on the waiting list for it at the library. If you bought it, it sounds like it's worth the price! It'll be over three months before I get it, so I'm decluttering tiny bits before I get it and feel overwhelmed. I hope that's not cheating. Plus, with a LO running about, I doubt I'm going to find large chunks of time to go through every single piece of clothing at once. I can't really see that being realistic.

Our friends lending us things for trial was really helpful because it turned out LO didn't like swings, wouldn't tolerate being put down (no playpens), etc. The only thing we might have been better buying might have been a baby bath. She wouldn't hold her head up until six months, so the Baby Spa (bucket) we had was useless. We actually used the cardboard basin from the hospital a lot until it ripped in two places!

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    And my cute little bat. Second hand costume for $5. I like it more than Josie!
    Cutest bat ever!

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    We are in London, ready for DH to see two drs. Tomorrow. Also I have to have a follow-up for my sleep studies. If you are so inclined, I would appreciate a few good thoughts for tomorrow. DH is in a lot of pain and I hope they can help him and find out what's going on!
    @avoncallingu : I did hold a good thought for you that day, even though I didn't post in time to say. I certainly hope these medical visits can help!

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    SS I thought that at a second hand store you may be able to do a bargain just for the carafe, or the cost of the whole thing might be less than buying a new one, then recycle the rest.
    You can bargain at a second hand store? That is certainly news to me!

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Well my appliances arrived but the fridge is to wide for the opening so tomorrow we well deconstruct the kitchen doorway.I was going to change all the moldings anyway.
    If you take the door(s) off the hinges, will it fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Kinky Boots was a lot of fun! Great music, wonderful actors (as it happens, one of the thespians at my local hangout played a pivotal role in the show) and a fun evening in the city.

I'd forgotten TIFF was on (too many things happening these days) and ran smack dab into the middle of a premiere (street shut down and events in the park across from the theatre). Pure Life was giving out samples, so I sat on a bench, watching the papparazzi, listening to music and sipping raspberry ice tea while I waited for my friend to arrive. I really do love my hometown.
    @Andit : I always wonder what they do with those gigantic sculptures once the show is done. Even though I lived in Toronto for six years, I still consider it home. Home is where your heart is, after all. Is that weird?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

argh dh is last minute packing for his moose hunting and the foul attitude and mouth which I honestly will say don't feel sorry for him 1 bit as everything is always last minute, he doesn't put things in their places and then expects to find things in perfect order a year later....REALLY????

Oh well it will be nice for him to be away and Logan is leaving Sunday evening with FIL to go tot he moose camp as well.

So it will be me & eldest which will be very low key. Jaden is so tidy and picks up after himself unlike the other 2 mentioned that will be gone (haha).

I was thinking of implementing a token system. Where everyone including me would have a jar and if you don't pick up after yourself (dishes, socks, etc) you get a token. At the end of the week tokens added up and penalties as odd jobs that get put off will be the penalty. Still thinking about it BUT thinks it's a great eye opener for all.

Tonight is ham & rice, wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Shopped for work at SDM and received bonus 6000 pts. I have 139,724 right now and think I will start watching the point offers more often and see if I can work this program better. I use to participate all the time in the Spend $50 get 20x the pts ect but stopped the past few years because I felt I was looking for things to buy just to get the points. But doing a $170 or more shopping spree is looking good to me now!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Had to run to Walmart to pick-up some Polysporin lip patches, and didn't forget to print the coupon first! Nice! I just ran out this morning in the middle of a cold sore breakout, so it was a necessary expense, but thankfully I saved 5$ :D (even more, if you consider that I usually would have gone to shoppers where it's 19.99 but got it at walmart where it's 16.47!)
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got very little sleep last night. Baby boy was fussy and cluster feeding most if the day and night. I got about 1hr sleep before 4am last night. Tonight is big brother's first gymnastics class of the season. I pumped a bottle yesterday to leave with dh so that I can take him to class this week. Dh will be home tonight, then gone for the next 3 days.

Suppers this week were
    Monday: fish sticks and French fries.
    Tuesday: home made sweet and sour meatballs with rice.
    Wednesday: home made waffles, sausages, sliced pear, apple, and orange.
    Thursday: chicken and mushroom Alfredo with pasta. French bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip, broccoli on the side.
    Friday: fried sausages, fresh boiled garden potatoes, some kind of veggies.

Yesterday my neighbour gave me 4 cans of tomatoes that are best before this month. I'm going to use one of them to make wiener and bean soup while dh is gone, he doesn't like this version that has veggies in it.
    Dh is not much of a fan of cooked tomatoes, so Im not sure how I will quickly use up these canned tomatoes. Maybe a chili, but then I'd need to use some of my ground beef (which we don't have a lot of).
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That same neighbour is giving me a few fresh beets. One of our friends that dh will be spending the weekend with is giving us some free corn on the cob, she also gave us 2 pickling cucumbers from her garden. I've got lots of tomatoes and zucchini to use from our garden.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 stay away from chili if breastfeeding (oy I can hear the screams lol).

Tomato casserole, tomato macaroni soup OR open the cans and freeze the tomatoes in Ziploc bags just a few suggestions.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

dh is still packing sigh....I've been so stressed out all day with his last minute efforts (haha) and potty mouth.

And he needs to buy a bigger cooler...really???? nothing like last minute Sally ways atleast he's not being Debbie downer (haha).

Okay you PC plus points....peeps, I need your help....PC plus people have gone and changed some things on my account which is not okay with me.

If I want to use my points which card ie pc plus and/or pc mastercard needs to be the one that says earn & redeem. I used to have it for both but they've (pc plus folks) taken the liberty of just putting it on my pc plus card (earn & redeem) so now I have no idea if I want to use my pc mastercard and redeem points if I can....HELP Please....kisses

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday that older lady gave me some help. We gave the twins baths. She spent a lot of time playing one-on-one with big brother. They built things with his tinker toys, sang songs, coloured, cut paper, folded laundry, and he ate 2 Mott's fruit and veggie cups before she left. I ran out to Sobeys while the twins were sleeping and big brother was happy playing. I redeemed $30 in AM, most of them were from filling my monthly prescription. So those groceries only cost me $15.

I am hoping that my twins coupon package from Pampers arrives soon so that I can use it with WM's anniversary sale. there are also some Huggies and Pampers offers available on rebate apps this week.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yesterday, I watched Extreme Couponing and I just found it so stressful. I can't believe this is considered reality TV. The shoppers say that they love couponing because of the way it makes them feel, but they have "heart attacks" and face "financial disaster" over $2.39. I think the producers behind the show are really crazy...

Does anyone else get really stressed and tense watching the show? I get worried about these people that shop for families of 6 for the month for $15. That can't be including any fresh produce or meats, probably tinned, but I don't think they're eating fresh.

And then they pit shoppers against each other and "trash talking" goes on in the show. What??!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Yesterday, I watched Extreme Couponing and I just found it so stressful. I can't believe this is considered reality TV. The shoppers say that they love couponing because of the way it makes them feel, but they have "heart attacks" and face "financial disaster" over $2.39. I think the producers behind the show are really crazy...

Does anyone else get really stressed and tense watching the show? I get worried about these people that shop for families of 6 for the month for $15. That can't be including any fresh produce or meats, probably tinned, but I don't think they're eating fresh.

And then they pit shoppers against each other and "trash talking" goes on in the show. What??!!
    I Had finally watched this show for the 1st time in the past year and hated it! What a stupid show. And wasteful! Buying 100's of bottles of mustard to display in your in-home personal stock pile? We bbq regularly and lucky if we use 1 mustard a year.

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information