User Tag List

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another show I can't stand is the Storage Wars show. Same thing- Trash talk.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well coated the other side of shed -my muscles ached last night so used volaturn
    -popped over to fortinos spent 53.00 and got 8,300 points so happy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Gonna try and do some more dirt digging tonight... The more I can dig out before the frost, the easier gardening will be next year! (Gotta get rid of that garbage clay soil junk!)
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hubby and I picked up apples off the ground and also from the tree. So far we have half a trailer full and we`re nowhere near done with the first tree. Saw one of our neighbours while we were out and told her she can pick as many as she wants. Most people are happy to get apples as long as we do all the work. I see a lot of applesauce in our future this winter. I`m just thankful they aren`t wormy like they were last year.

I watched Extreme Couponing a couple times. That was more than enough for me. I don`t find many coupons for things I use anymore.
    Natalka, Angela273, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well I was thrilled to see Westjet announced yesterday one way fares starting at $299 next summer from Calgary to London, England-timing was great for us as we are doing a house exchange there next summer. Gosh I think we could barely fly to Toronto for that price! So we are all booked now for next July-accomodation will be free.
    Here I thought it was to London Ontario! I really should have paid more attention to the ad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Rainy cold morning here, going to see the positive and catch up around the house. My husband went into atrial fibrillation on Sunday again so 24 hours in emergency, the hospital visits are many these days. they fibrillated him and his heart is back in normal rhythm, fourth time in the past year and the wait list for a surgery is 3-4 years.....this meical stuff just keeps popping out of nowhere.
    Going to be a frugal week, not much to buy so will work my few shifts this week and get by book keeping caught up, I have to finish our company year end and am determined to have it done on the weekend!
    Enjoy the day everyone.

PS
    Cutest bat I have ever seen Granger!!
    Avon, wishing you only good things for today!
    Oh I hope he's ok!

Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sucessfully sold one bag of clothing for $20. Scored 2 weeks of free classifieds to sell my sebring.

I shipped my tablet back to Samsung a second time (the first was in july) for the same issue. The screen flickers and it randomly restarts or won't turn on at all.

Last night we scored 2 really nice ikea dressers for Free!

The 6 foot One will go in the craft room. The taller narrower one is going to replace my 6 foot one in my bedroom which is being sold but held until to 30th.

And finally some really good news... the job I tested for in july then interviewed for in august is mine. I sign paperwork Monday and go from there with a couple more steps. Like start date...security clearance...notice at my current place of work. it made my day.

Last edited by saundyl; Thu, Sep 17th, 2015 at 08:53 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sweet sparrow: I know we are not in the same city and I also have a long wait for the book. There is 130 people ahead of me, but buying it defeats the frugal lifestyle and the whole point is to get rid of stuff.
    TG: hope everything works out well and good job keeping the humor.
    Lizzie: what a wicked price. If we did not already have a busy summer I would have jumped on that as I love love love England. So much so I married a Brit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Just checking in. Haven't read up to date. We are just treading water here - DH had a couple of tests done on Monday and has a CT scan set for Monday, so back to London on Monday again.

I got my CPAP - breathing machine today but I think I will wait til tomorrow to set it up - it has to be checked and washed and I'm too pooped to do that tonight.

I will be ushering at a play tomorrow night. My frugal way of getting a little culture into my life.

I had a meeting for the "Selection Committee" at our church last night - we're looking for a new minister. It's a big responsibility, but I'm looking forward to the process. I've been out of the hiring role a long time, so I'm a little rusty, but they've got good guidelines. So I have some homework to do.

I am going to say, "Goodnight, folks!" Have a great Friday!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Can't seem to get going these days. I've been tossing and turning all night, then sleepy during the day, but I force myself to stay awake so I'll be good and tired by bedtime...but it doesn't work. In the last 3 days, I've had about an hour's sleep in total. Sigh. I know it's because I'm leery of the next few weeks (I have to spend time with an individual I loathe - can't get out of it). Oh well, by Halloween it will all be behind me & I can have fun with my 4 legged trick & treaters.

Better get going. Think I'll go get some fresh air to wake me up (spying on the neighbours with Lily dog only did so much) and head to the grocery store to pick up a few things (we always seem to run out of liver for some reason ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    Gonna try and do some more dirt digging tonight... The more I can dig out before the frost, the easier gardening will be next year! (Gotta get rid of that garbage clay soil junk!)
    @lovelikewinter3 : What kind of soil are you replacing your clay with? And how deep are you going?

We have the exact same soil and we were infected with a noxious weed a few years ago. I spent many hours digging out the roots which sent runners everywhere! I could spend three hours in one spot, just tearing up the heavy soil. Thank goodness we have a postage stamp yard, but it's still big enough to be quite a task!

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Last night we scored 2 really nice ikea dressers for Free!

And finally some really good news... the job I tested for in july then interviewed for in august is mine. I sign paperwork Monday and go from there with a couple more steps. Like start date...security clearance...notice at my current place of work. it made my day.
    @saundyl : Congratulations on the dressers and the new job!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sweet sparrow: I know we are not in the same city and I also have a long wait for the book. There is 130 people ahead of me, but buying it defeats the frugal lifestyle and the whole point is to get rid of stuff.
    @lilo0003 : The complete audiobook is on YouTube. I'd recommend picking the one that's less than 5 hours. Anything longer than that has the audio partially looped so you hear the beginning again.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Last night, I started clearing out my old records. I pulled out all my bank statements, contracts when I first opened my bank account, old GIC records and put out almost everything for shredding. I kept only one document for each account so I would have a record of the account number and amount. I do one envelope a week, or more if I feel up to it (when I'm not doing laundry, or meal plannning for the week.)

I am SO going to fill our compost bin with shredded paper!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you!

Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Thank you!

So you've probably received a very partial congratulations rep from me, I hate this keyboard: when I lose my place for a second or two, it doesn't have those little bumps on the G and H keys so I don't find my way back and oh, well, I don't know what I hit that time, but CONGRATULATIONS on your new job, Saundyl!!
    This keyboard is gonzo today! Hubby has one of those with huge yellow keys and it's going on today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Just checking in (as I do every so often, haha). It has been a while. I started couponing again recently. It is okay for some items - junk foods like pop, chips and some packaged items like frozen pizzas, eggos, noodles and rice. But mostly I am finding that we are purchasing items at Costco or just price matching - especially for produce and meats.

How has couponing been for everyone else lately? What other ways are you saving money when it comes to produce, meats and eating healthy in general?

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information