User Tag List

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Funny, the KonMari book warns against letting moms go through your trash. There's also a part where she advocates NO stockpile at all. If you need something, go buy it. One of her many clients having 35 toothbrushes made it into her book. Ha ha! I think she mentioned someone having 80 rolls of toilet paper and she thought that was ridiculous. If they have packages of 12 rolls, that's just over six. This book will certainly be interesting.
    I still haven't even opened the book. Hoping after this week, just been way too busy. I don't really care, if my parents have a store, so they just use the air freshener there. Why waste things if people can actually use it? In some ways I get the whole don't stockpile things, but at the same time - if something is a good price and I use it lots, I am going to buy extra. That is just how I work! Guess I just need to get reading!
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I need sone help!
    Dh wore his best white dress shirt under his red uniform over the weekend. The sweat marks under the arms is pink because the colour ran. This shirt is the special non-wrinkle type. Needless to say, I didn't know what he had packed to wear. Any suggestions on how best to get the pink out without damaging the dress shirt?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Haha Love the energizer bunny!

I got 9 towels done yesterday...each one takes about an hour to do. Hope to get another 9 done today so I can get ready to deliver on Thursday.

Well the lady who called last month about an afghan pattern is hounding me again. She called yesterday and again this morning. She and her friend are in the area today so they wanted to come to my house. Sorry, that`s not happening. I don`t invite total strangers into my house. I also don`t have time right now to go to AnnaMae`s to meet them (1/2 hour away) when I really have no interest in meeting them. When her friend (the one who wanted the pattern) called last month I told her that I don`t share patterns that I use to supplement my pension income. She was totally fine with that. I will probably call her tonight and give her the link to a pattern I came across on The Crochet Crowd. The basic pattern is the same just a different border on it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all I am reading a book today as its due end of week at library its awesome its a memoir "they left us everything" by plum Johnson -its humerous,touching memoir about family ,love,loss and legacies and its based from the family lived in Oakville ,Ontario -lovely book I cant put it down

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Crochetlady - I think it is generous of you to even direct her to a similar pattern. It's too bad that they have your phone number and are insisting on still hounding you.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thank gosh this work day is done. Now race to my meeting. Then house life and hopefully 5 mins to relax! Have a great evening everyone.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I need sone help!
    Dh wore his best white dress shirt under his red uniform over the weekend. The sweat marks under the arms is pink because the colour ran. This shirt is the special non-wrinkle type. Needless to say, I didn't know what he had packed to wear. Any suggestions on how best to get the pink out without damaging the dress shirt?
    I wish I knew. I have a red top that bleeds colour

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sweet of you to share a similar pattern, I would have told them to go fly a kite

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Haha Love the energizer bunny!

I got 9 towels done yesterday...each one takes about an hour to do. Hope to get another 9 done today so I can get ready to deliver on Thursday.

Well the lady who called last month about an afghan pattern is hounding me again. She called yesterday and again this morning. She and her friend are in the area today so they wanted to come to my house. Sorry, that`s not happening. I don`t invite total strangers into my house. I also don`t have time right now to go to AnnaMae`s to meet them (1/2 hour away) when I really have no interest in meeting them. When her friend (the one who wanted the pattern) called last month I told her that I don`t share patterns that I use to supplement my pension income. She was totally fine with that. I will probably call her tonight and give her the link to a pattern I came across on The Crochet Crowd. The basic pattern is the same just a different border on it.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 I'm sorry I have no idea, what about the resolve oxi??? Dh is not allowed white dress shirts because they just mark too easily - best of luck

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

With the rising cost of groceries in particular meat, how have your purchases changed?
    do you do without a certain kind of meat (beef, pork, chicken etc)
    have you switched your cooking to use cheaper cuts or replace ground beef with ground pork, purchasing 1/2 pork 1/2 beef blends?
    what meat do you think is the cheapest (just curious)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

With the rising cost of groceries in particular meat, how have your purchases changed?
    have you switched your cooking to use cheaper cuts or replace ground beef with ground pork, purchasing 1/2 pork 1/2 beef blends?

I remember back in the day when dh & I got married chicken was the cheaper meat not these days (times are changing folks)

We no longer purchase beef as it's just not in the budget unless on clearance or great bargains, haven't had a steak in ages

We eat a lot of pork (I have been pinning like crazy on Pinterest pork recipes) so that we don't get fed up with eating pork

I will either buy ground pork and mix with the ground moose BUT I won't purchase the 1/2 beef & 1/2 pork blends as I still think it's too pricey.

Currently I would say in general pork is the cheapest lots of sales over the last 6-8 months on whole pork loins, ground pork etc at $2 or less a pound for variety of pork cuts.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary coupon girl all the best to you
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper pork I find is the cheapest-we don't have meat everynight just the 2 of us
    -tonight had hamburgers on bbq ,french-fries and carrots -the box was 8.00 at giant tiger for 12.00 usually I make my own -but these beefburgers are good
    -we have pasta once a week
    -some nights we have eggs etc -breakfast for supper (once in a bluemoon we have had mini-wheats for supper with a bagel -if we get in later
    -I try to get the meat on sale -or with points this week have an offer for beef at fortinos and I will buy a steak and split it with hubby 8.50 last one I bought and it was restaurant quality from fortinos plus got points to boot
    -I dont mix my hamburger with pork when I make burgers

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Coupon girl; have an awesome day. I love that we are really just a few years apart but our lives are so different. You are a gramma and when I am you age I will still have a son in high school, thanks for the book suggestion I will go look it up.
    Angela: I recently bought that oxi gold liquid as there was a MIR, I have to say I am impressed so far so it may do the trick.
    Fbm: DH. said the same thing about the card. I am looking forward to less plastic in my wallet as I am canceling my SDM MC.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

Chicken is definitely the cheapest - often whole chickens on sale for 4.39/kg - buying four this week as we only have one left in the freezer.
    Once in a while, porkchops will be the same price, and so will ribs, so I try stock up then. I'll pay a bit more for ribs, though.

Ground pork is 6.59/kg so we use a fair bit of that. Cannot for the life of me remember the last time I bought ground beef.
    For burgers, we were lucky to find Sensations by Compliments burgers on really cheaply this summer, so that's satisfied that urge once in a while.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information