User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: Shoppers Optimum <-----> PC Plus: Exchanging points between programs

  1. #31
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    43
    Likes Received
    62
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    i am not at all surprised by this. i have noticed lately my offers from shoppers seem very similar to items I'm buying at super store, and some food products i buy at superstore i get very similar offers for from shoppers. can't explain it - but it is like they are starting to over lap.
    When they pc bought out shoppers, i wondered if they would mess with the points, seems like many agree that the optimum is one of the best points plans. It was too good too last once they bought out shoppers. If they mix with the points - you know it will be in their financial interests - not ours. Yes it would be good to be able to use the points on groceries, but i think the points would have a much lower value. I really hope they don't change this, but not surprised if they do., seen it coming for a few months when noticing such similarities & overlapping with the Shoppers & pc points. Well must be time for me to cash out my shoppers points, was going to wait for Xmas, but don't want to chance losing full $$ value of my points.
    Ciel, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

  2. #32
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,422
    Likes Received
    3310
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Kash View Post
    i am not at all surprised by this. i have noticed lately my offers from shoppers seem very similar to items I'm buying at super store, and some food products i buy at superstore i get very similar offers for from shoppers. can't explain it - but it is like they are starting to over lap.
    When they pc bought out shoppers, i wondered if they would mess with the points, seems like many agree that the optimum is one of the best points plans. It was too good too last once they bought out shoppers. If they mix with the points - you know it will be in their financial interests - not ours. Yes it would be good to be able to use the points on groceries, but i think the points would have a much lower value. I really hope they don't change this, but not surprised if they do., seen it coming for a few months when noticing such similarities & overlapping with the Shoppers & pc points. Well must be time for me to cash out my shoppers points, was going to wait for Xmas, but don't want to chance losing full $$ value of my points.
    A lot of the optimum personal offers I have been getting are for blue menu/pc products and have seen some sale prices better than No Frills/Superstore. I feel like they are using the offers as advertising, making us aware of changed inventory.

  3. #33
    Mastermind Anna Michele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO
    Posts
    23,386
    Likes Received
    31254
    Trading Score
    551 (100%)




    Oooh this could be exciting or a complete disaster

    Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    anisa, Ciel, lecale and 3 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

  4. #34
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    557
    Likes Received
    1323
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Oooh this could be exciting or a complete disaster

    Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    I see this as a complete disaster. Mr. Weston is operating a business (not a charity) and his goal is to maximize profits and put more money in his already full pockets. The conversion is more likely to be 10000 optimum points for 1000 PC Plus points. LOL. I doubt it will be fair like 1000 optimum points for 2000 PC Plus points.
    anisa, Ciel, lecale and 3 others like this.

  5. #35
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    6,071
    Likes Received
    13059
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)




    .
    Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 12:46 PM.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Mountains
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5
    Likes Received
    13
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    I was hoping for a redemption next week but Tioma just uploaded pharmaprix flyer and it's going to be a 18500 wus $75 promo.
    jsmile, Ciel, innaor and 1 others like this.

  7. #37
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,613
    Likes Received
    2633
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    I see this as a complete disaster. Mr. Weston is operating a business (not a charity) and his goal is to maximize profits and put more money in his already full pockets. The conversion is more likely to be 10000 optimum points for 1000 PC Plus points. LOL. I doubt it will be fair like 1000 optimum points for 2000 PC Plus points.

    I don't see this a "complete disaster". I usually cash out at 8,000 or 22,000 level. "fair like 1000 optimum points for 2000 PC Plus points" would be bonus time for me.

    I seriously can not buy enough stuff at SDM for a mega redemption without "wasting" points.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

  8. #38
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    38
    Likes Received
    85
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    If you can transfer 95000 optimum points and get 170000 pc plus points ... thats great offer... as with pc points you can reedem them for gift card and many PC stores have SDM gift card...
    Ciel, Anna Michele and Cake like this.

  9. #39
    =^.^=
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    o0o CaNaDa
    Posts
    347
    Likes Received
    425
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)



    Looks like it Just arrived: last night i received my emailed shoppers personalized offer, it was: spend $75.00 at SDM and get a $20.00 Superstore gift-card. This is a first for me to get this type of offer that clearly is starting to interchange the points/rewards. i just made a post about this offer in the shoppers section, i'm just not sure what to think of it really, but here is a picture of the offer: .
    UPDATE: Its been pointed out to me that although i got this offer in email, it is ALSO in the flyer - sorry for the mixup, i just assumed because it came in email it was just an offer for me. sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Elle Lady Sadie; Fri, Sep 18th, 2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Silk, Ciel, lecale and 1 others like this.

  10. #40
    Know what matters...
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,470
    Likes Received
    5506
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    If they can do this without devaluing either optimum or pcplus points, it sounds ok to me. But there is a class action in Quebec against Pharmaprix for lowering the value of the points in 2010 (i.e. the change from 7000 pts = $10 to 8000 pts = $10) so I would think they won't do anything until there's a ruling on that. But then again, I could be wrong lol (Fyi, the Quebec Superior Court ok'd the class action suit in 2012).

    Silk
    Ciel likes this.
    Have a great life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •