User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Only 10$ for a priceless amount of fun. :)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So this is a personal kind of brag. With the warm weather here, I want to get my kids away from their electronics and out the door. My DS and I signed up for a local 5km, and 10km run this morning. The cost was only 10$ to register and includes shirt, bracelet and the medal they get following the race. After the race, there is a free BBQ, fruit and a free swim at the local Y. For the afternoon we are off to the mall. There is a science exhibit there today that my DS will just love. This, of course, is completely free. On the way home we are going to stop and use our old bread to feed the ducks. A very cheap day, only $10. But these days are pretty priceless in my opinion.

Would love to hear some ideas on other fun activities for the summer. Feel free to post yours.

Have a lovely Saturday my friends. Hope the sun is shining brightly where you are.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

nice ideas for having fun with a little bit of money

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Definitely a priceless, memorable day together for you and DS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awwwww, you will have a nice and wonderful day with your childrens and moments like this are priceless. Wen my DS was younger we did a bunch of things like this and most of the time for free or just a little money but never much. Now we talk about some of those moments and it makes me feel so good. TooCouponCrazy thank you so much for sharing with us such a great moments in your life with your childrens and have LOTS and LOTS of fun thogether.........

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

priceless indeed. Enjoy every moment. My teens are all grown up and in their own worlds and those days are behind me. But I loved taking them out to spray parks and the zoo etc. Have an amazing day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds like a great weekend. free outings for us include splash pads, skateboard park, bicycling, picnics.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I love this brag. Your DS will cherish these kinds of activities with you. It reminds me of all the free and cheap activities my mom used to take us to. Looking back on them now, I realize they were very simple activities, but we always loved going to things like a (free) festival with mom

Oh and your run registration fee is nice and cheap. Here they can cost $100 bucks (some of those cancer runs are $2000!!! Not a typo)
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, May 31st, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Awwwww, you will have a nice and wonderful day with your childrens and moments like this are priceless. Wen my DS was younger we did a bunch of things like this and most of the time for free or just a little money but never much. Now we talk about some of those moments and it makes me feel so good. TooCouponCrazy thank you so much for sharing with us such a great moments in your life with your childrens and have LOTS and LOTS of fun thogether.........
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy1 View Post
    priceless indeed. Enjoy every moment. My teens are all grown up and in their own worlds and those days are behind me. But I loved taking them out to spray parks and the zoo etc. Have an amazing day.
    you two are making me tear up going down my own memory lane with all the things we did with the 3 kids.....sniff, sniff, it is no wonder I was so emotional taking the dogs to their first doggy park, lol

Way to share the day and make memories with your DS TooCouponCrazy!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. The race was wonderful and we had a great time. It was great weather, a great crowd and everyone had so much fun. Thanks again guys!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Awesome! I'm always looking for free cheap things to do with the kiddos(they're 9 years apart so finding something that entertains both of them is even harder).
    Can I ask how old your ds is? I would love to do a race or something with my 11 year old.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wonderful brag! I love activites that cost next to nothing. Sounds like your DS and yourself had a wonderful time.

Dh and I's favorite summer activity is to ride our bike to a park. Have a pinic (packed from home). Relax and people watch. We dont' have kids but we see kids kicking a ball around, paying frisbee, fly a kite, etc. Then we ride our bikes to an ince cream / gelato shop on our way home.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thanks for sharing this, yes these days mosly we will spend more than planned too,BBQ potluck is the one we will enjoy not free but it saves a lot when combined together, as another sc friend said splash pad, strawberry picking, apple or pear picking, sometimes museums will offer free entry etc

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Awesome! I'm always looking for free cheap things to do with the kiddos(they're 9 years apart so finding something that entertains both of them is even harder).
    Can I ask how old your ds is? I would love to do a race or something with my 11 year old.
    Mine is 11 as well. He will be 12 in a few months. MY other is almost 19 so yeah, mine are far apart as well.
    avoncallingu, macw1960 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by morningrose View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, yes these days mostly we will spend more than planned too,BBQ potluck is the one we will enjoy not free but it saves a lot when combined together, as another sc friend said splash pad, strawberry picking, apple or pear picking, sometimes museums will offer free entry etc
    I wish we had some large museums around here. I would love museums and a picnic or something. Looovvvee BBQ.
    avoncallingu, macw1960 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by joandstef View Post
    Wonderful brag! I love activites that cost next to nothing. Sounds like your DS and yourself had a wonderful time.

Dh and I's favorite summer activity is to ride our bike to a park. Have a pinic (packed from home). Relax and people watch. We dont' have kids but we see kids kicking a ball around, paying frisbee, fly a kite, etc. Then we ride our bikes to an ince cream / gelato shop on our way home.
    Great ideas from all of you. Already making plans for next weekend. Any day that ends with ice cream is great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information