User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: I'm a student! :D

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi everyone!

I am very excited to tell you that I am officially a student now! This is my first time studying in Canada, my first semester and my first course. I've taken only 1 course this semester. Mathematics of Finance!

All the haunting memories of my student life are coming back! Assignments, exams, grades and fear of getting an F. I am not one of those students who try to get an A+, I am just a simple person who tries NOT to get an F. Kekekekee

But what I am most excited about knowing is, whether students get discounts for shopping? Where do we (students) get discounts? Is there any special ID card that I have to show to retailors to get the discount? Does SDM offer student discounts? I know they offer senior discount but we'll take about it after 34 yrs.

And where can I get text books? Cheap ones, not the ones that make a hole in your pocket.

Wish me luck, please! I will be studying from home and hubby is supposed to help me with my studies. He is helping me right now, Sleeping upstairs! Atleast he is not bugging me. That's a big help too!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations Amira on being a student!!! Oh, the good 'ole days. Enjoy your time being a student. I can't help you regarding discounts as it has been so long since I've been one , just wanted to wish you luck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Congratulaions... You seem like a smart girl .. with all those shoppers calculations that you do on your make up shops , I am pretty sure you will be more than ok. I too would like to know if we can get "student discounts" since I am right behind you jumping on the "School BandWagon"

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amira.....congrats on getting back "into the saddle". By the sounds of it, you seem elated and nervous at the same time which is good. If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying? There aren't many lecturers / profs that give A* out anyway because they don't want to make their teachings look easy...you will have to be an outstanding student to earn it.

I don't know if you are a planner / organized person? I'll say look at your syllabus,, make note of your week assignments and due dates. Print all this out and highlight it to look at your study desk. If you have a white board, write it and cross things off. Utilize online study help through Youtube.

I love studying, and am always doing one course for personal interest, or for professional reasons.

Student discount card: http://www.spccard.ca/

http://cfsservices.ca/services/stude...discount-card/

https://mycesar.ca/student-saver-card/

https://www.greyhound.ca/en/dealsand...tdiscount.aspx

Used books: Your school's intranet, Kijiji, Ebay

Good luck

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Way to go, Amira - I'm sure you will do well!

Some grocery stores offer student discounts - check with Sobey's, it used to be 10% here.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If I recall correctly, you get 10% off on Quo products at SDM. Not sure if you need a special card? Maybe SPC?
    Otherwise, Loblaws banner stores have 10% on Tuesdays. Your school should have a student center with the low down on all the discounts
    Congrats!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Loblaws also gives discounts on Tuesday's I think

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Congratulations for gaining more knowledge( on going gaining and in future too!)
    Last edited by morningrose; Tue, Sep 8th, 2015 at 08:08 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congrats on your new journey of learning amira!! Sorry not much help to you about discounts, I only know about the SPC card.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Congrats on this new journey rcss gives 10% discount once you have student id also the spc card give you lots of discount at various stores and fast food places in ontario you get a discount if you used public transit

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bulk Barn has every Wednesday 10% if you are a student but you might need to ask because I can't remember exactly the rules. But I know they do offer discount for students
    Lynn49, ticul, amira84 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Congrats Amira84!!

Check with your local SDM and ask them about student discounts

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Congratulations!!! So proud of you! I am thinking of going back to school too but the thought terrifies me...it's something I really really need to do as I desperately need a career change so I hope in time, I'll be able to buckle up the courage to do so. What is it that you're studying? I don't even know what I want to do. I just want to do something that I love and I don't even know what that is!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks a lot everyone. I can't believe I am going to be so busy now.
    @beachdown. Thanks a lot for all the links. Your post made my work easier.

Forgot to tell:
    I am doing a 1 year Business Administration Certificate. But once I finish this certificate, we can upgrade it to a 2 year diploma after studying for one more year. I have kids too and it's going to be hard to attend college so i am doing distance studies, which means i'll be studying at home.
    @salady thanks a lot for all the encouragement. I, too, couldn't decide what to study so hubby chose this field for me. He has always seen me with a pen, paper, flyers, sticky notes and a calculator, and i am the finance minister of our house so he thought this field is going to be the best for me.
    Last edited by amira84; Tue, Sep 8th, 2015 at 09:20 PM. Reason: forgot to answer a couple questions
    Lynn49, salady, walkonby and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Congratulations Amira! I am also proud of you as it takes lots of courage to go back to school. I went back to school wen I was 29 for Social Worker and that was the best thing I did for my self, my future. It was full time student and my son was in grade 1 so we both studied very hard. I know you will be so proud of yourself wen you are done like I was proud because it is a hell of an accoplishement. Again Amira, congratulations and good luck.............................................. ..........................................
    Lynn49, dahliagrower, Cata and 5 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information