• 5 Post By thriftygranny
  • 4 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 4 Post By thriftygranny
  • 2 Post By bluerose
  • 2 Post By lecale
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 3 Post By thriftygranny

Thread: An inspirational video of 6 yr.old on Why we should "get along". . .adorable

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From such a small heart comes logic and wisdom. This is a little pep talk this 6 yr old is giving her Mom after her parents divorced.
    Sometimes we forget how/what children are perceiving events around them. Some may speak up. . .some may not. . . but they're always watching and listening.. . . and learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm0U...ampaign=buffer
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes kids are always listening, they aren't stupid and know which parent is being vindictive / manipulative. It will never seem to amaze how people will put a few hundred dollars a month (sole custody) before the best interest of the kids in case where there is no proven abuse, alcohol, other serious concerns. Spitefulness and greed takes over, and drives these crazy wackos to alienating a child from the other parent.

Eventually child will become 16 and decide where they want to go then without courts having a say in it. Kids don't ask for a relationship to end, it's the adults that have to comprehend that without using the kids as pawn to gain leverage. Anybody that gets involved with a parent that has their kid all the time, should see that as a red flag and be wary i.e. proceed with caution as you might get taken for a ride.

The law unfortunately enables this type of nonsense to continue, and until drastic changes come to the archaic laws in place, the charade is bound to continue. Yes we can all get along, but delusions and irrationality along with bad friends giving unreasonable advice gets in the way.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Although she is very cute and speaks well, I am not buying this for a minute. What I mean is IN MY OPINION those are not her own thoughts , she is simply spitting out what she has heard from her caregivers and relatives. The info and advice is good enough and wouldn't it be great if we all were nice to one another? For me this video is just fluff, as I said though cute fluff.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I agree with walks - plus apparently there was just an argument between the parents, nothing to do with divorce.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

+1 with Walks and natalka, my husband and I saw this clip on global news on Friday morning, we both rolled our eyes and kept eating our oatmeal.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I may be cynical but it just seemed so rehearsed and everyone seems to want their child to find their 15 minutes of fame via a viral YouTube video.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

"We should all just get along" if only the world would listen.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:04 PM.
    thriftygranny and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I may be cynical but it just seemed so rehearsed and everyone seems to want their child to find their 15 minutes of fame via a viral YouTube video.
    yes! I am so tired of it now. Just let them be kids and stop magnifying/recording every little thing they say and do. Again please know this is JMHO. Not wanting to offend anyone who records their kids doing stuff.
    thriftygranny and dededi like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I guess being a "non-parent" here I must take a back seat.

I guess I'm privileged to actually know kids like this. Seriously! I know kids that would blow you away with stuff like this. I also know their parents and know they work hard to teach their children morals and principals well enough that their kids make up their own minds and can express themselves in their own (independent) words.

I'm not saying that this particular video is staged or not. . . but there IS kids out there that really are amazing and wise for their years. But I also know that it's generally based on their parents commitment and a lot of personal attention to that child. They have my deepest respect and admiration.

In regards to the video, I really posted it with just the thought of giving us all a little pause to consider how children in general perceive life events around them. I'm guessing they see things a lot in black and white or simplistically. Also could be pretty darn scary. . . I really feel for them in situations that are life altering. Must be so tough.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Well, I guess being a "non-parent" here I must take a back seat.

I guess I'm privileged to actually know kids like this. Seriously! I know kids that would blow you away with stuff like this. I also know their parents and know they work hard to teach their children morals and principals well enough that their kids make up their own minds and can express themselves in their own (independent) words.
    Wow...thanks(not!) for that...I have been teaching my brood "morals and stuff" for nearly 18 years and all 3 of them ( Penguinettes 17 &14, LilP 10 have seen this video independently of me) have come to the conclusion that it's staged to a great extent...thier words, not mine.

They also know that they can express themselves freely and unless what they say is in any way or form bigoted, they can speak and be listened to...Bigoted speech by the brood, Mr P or me can and will be challenged by any -one of us who sees the need to protest..Respect in Casa Penguin is a 2 way street.

I'm not saying that this particular video is staged or not. . . but there IS kids out there that really are amazing and wise for their years. But I also know that it's generally based on their parents commitment and a lot of personal attention to that child. They have my deepest respect and admiration.
    There ARE not IS..Mr P and I are trying to show the brood how to be independant adults who have empathy for all, respect those who have earned it and nor follow the easy paths of dogma of any variety..

In regards to the video, I really posted it with just the thought of giving us all a little pause to consider how children in general perceive life events around them. I'm guessing they see things a lot in black and white or simplistically. Also could be pretty darn scary. . . I really feel for them in situations that are life altering. Must be so tough.
    My parents divorced when I was 7..seperated a few years earlier..They both agreed not to badmouth each other in front of DSis and me...Sadly my father's family didn't agree...
    walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Mortgage Queen, I understand there are gifted children capable of things beyond their years. My issue is, everyday there is a viral video of some child doing something that everyone is ooing and ahing over. Personally I find it exploiting to have a child's antics posted all over the internet and I would never ever have felt the need to post any of my children's accomplishments on Youtube,especially such a personal subject for the family..just plain tacky in my opinion.Basically the mother is getting schooled by a six year old and feels the need to air her shortcomings as a parent as well her families dirty laundry for the world to see because her child said some wise touching worlds.Like I said, many parents want their kids to be the next internet sensation and it obviously worked for this family, maybe Ellen will call them.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:49 AM.
    lecale, walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Mortgage Queen, I understand there are gifted children capable of things beyond their years. My issue is, everyday there is a viral video of some child doing something that everyone is ooing and ahing over. Personally I find it exploiting to have a child's antics posted all over the internet and I would never ever have felt the need to post any of my children's accomplishments on Youtube,especially such a personal subject for the family..just plain tacky in my opinion.Basically the mother is getting schooled by a six year old and feels the need to air her shortcomings as a parent as well her families dirty laundry for the world to see because her child said some wise touching worlds.Like I said, many parents want their kids to be the next internet sensation and it obviously worked for this family, maybe Ellen will call them.
    +1

Thread Information