User Tag List

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home at lunch and had rice for lunch! And a banana vanilla milkshake! I have been craving one for days so I made it! And got to watch a new to me "Till debt do we part" The sunshine made it hard to come back to work. Will have to look at the forecast for the next while and plan some vacation days.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is the twins' 2 month immunizations. Baby boy weighs 9lb 14oz, 21 1/4" long. Baby girl weighs 8lb 4.5oz, 20 3/4" long. I knew that baby boy felt heavier, I just did to know it was this much more.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 1st, 2015 at 03:21 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The sun is shining and I am heading home to fire up the BBQ and pour myself a nice glass of wine (I need it out of the fridge lol)
    Have a great night everyone.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Met a couple friends for lunch today. They know I`m really busy with crocheting so since it was too cold to go to the park we went to one of their houses. They don`t mind if I bring my work with me. It`s also nice because we can linger as long as we like without getting the evil eye.
    @Angela Sounds like the twins are doing really well. It`s hard to believe they are 2 months old already.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Thu, Oct 1st, 2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: can`t spell

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-thank you everyone for all the well wishes for my brother -he is still in icu and a tiny bit better -he is not breathing on his on yet
    -I talked to my sister-in-law this afternoon for an hour had her laughing about stories of when I take my brother out -she hasn't slept much
    -was tired today after 3 busy days -so didn't go out at all -cut the front and back lawn -put garbage out -started a new puzzle and finally sold a vest on kijiji 9.00 added to my fund -have 48.50 saving for a new vacuum -anytips on a decent one for 100.00 or under -I really need it for the 13 steps and upstairs as downstairs is hardwood

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Savings: I use clearance, rewards and points, and free samples.

Stockpile: I only buy a month or two's worth of paper product and detergent. Like others, I learned that I was spending more in time and money with stockpiling. I also learned that expiry dates made it so that I may not use the product.

Vacuum: look for something lightweight but durable if you were going up and down stairs. We bought a Bissell pro light compact vacuum on sale at Sears for $50 a few years back. We have been really happy with it. We can also use our attachment from our larger Bissell the extending arm.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Coupon Girl, I pray your brother's condition improves daily and that he'll be home very soon.

Not much going on here....DD flew into Toronto from Mexico today, so this Mom can take a deep breath or two finally....Hubby is picking her up at midnight from her flight home, then I'll be able to relax. She may be all grown up, a wife and mom, but jeepers we still worry about our 'kids' don't we? I can't be the only worry wart....

I finished knitting a little lamb, "Lambie-Pie" for our SIL and DD's new niece, born today, named Georgia...no boys in his family, but I told everyone I had a 'feeling' it was going to be a girl.. I also just finished knitting it a "hudson bay" sweater...it is fall, after-all, right? And now little lamby will be sporting a pink ribbon bow near her ear, or a little pink knitted flower. The kids are driving down south mid October to see the wee one, and taking the gift with them. I'm also making a panel quilt for little "Georgia"...busy, busy in my old age..

Other than that...I forgot my painting class started today, for this year...mind like a sieve. Honestly! I was so wound up with this knitting and our DD flying home, I completely forgot. What a dunce.

Well...good-night everyone and sweet dreams!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @walkonby : That's amazing and a nice relief. DH had a co-worker who was going through a rough family patch when they decided to carpool. Then, his co-worker decided that his car was too unreliable to drive the 2+ hours to work and back. Then, he decided that DH should pay for the 407 fees for the 20 minutes they would be on it. (I was really annoyed by this.) After that, he decided that instead of paying DH for gas money (not like he ever did), he would bring DH a coffee for 4 hours of driving and that would be enough. I was SO thankful when his co-worker moved north. No more smelly cologne and cigarettes in my seat!!

Funny how he could never afford a new car or to pay DH, but there was always money for his chain smoking habit, sometimes once or twice an hour.
    My hubby picks up a coworker and brings him home nearly every single day - this co worker NEVER once offered to pay for gas. He keeps on about how he is in bankruptcy and my hubby doesn't want to ask him to share some of the cost....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Starting to do the master shopping list for the week - planning things out for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For those with a Sobeys close they have the buy 150. In GC get 150 air miles. I did this in te summer and switched all my shopping to Freshco. I have some money in the grocery budget, so I may take advantage of it again
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Coupon Girl, prayers and hugs for you and your brother...............................

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    For those with a Sobeys close they have the buy 150. In GC get 150 air miles. I did this in te summer and switched all my shopping to Freshco. I have some money in the grocery budget, so I may take advantage of it again
    Thank you. I always keep an eye out for this promo. We have 3 grocery stores and a super WM in my city, so our shopping options are limited. I also purchase my expensive prescription from Sobeys which is $80 a month after coverages.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Beautiful sunny day here (but cool) but I am not complaining! Hoping DS will go to the Y for their youth night (swimming, basketball, racket ball etc) Get them out of the house for a few hours and burn some energy. Tomorrow DS has hockey and tomorrow night we are going to Barrie to watch a Colts game. DS is bringing his buddy so he will have a great night. Oldest DS works so at least he will be busy. Sunday we may join my sister and niece at the pumpkin patch depending on the weather. I also want to finish cleaning up the garage so I can start parking in it again. Got rid of some big items this week from the storage locker (Christmas tree and 3 wheeler kids bike) Have a few things to post for free ( a small Christmas tree with decorations etc- figure someone will appreciate it) So will make sure to post that tonight or in the morning so it can be gone by Sunday. Still need to make my butternut squash soup! This weekend for sure!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 sounds like the babies are doing amazing @coupon girl hope your brother's condition improves @momof5boys very kind of you and your dh not to ask the co-worker to pay for gas, hopefully he does treat your hubby to a coffee once in a while

laundry is hung outside, I've been putting off organizing my pantry in the kitchen (I've done it a couple times but it's not working). Stocked up on brown & white sugar yesterday at Independent for $1.44 a package and need to put them in a mouse proof area so we'll see what I come up with. Also got a raincheque for the butter that was on sale for $2.99 so hopefully I will pick them up when hubby comes back.

Also super excited that Metro has Rib steak on for $5.99lbs, however, I have no way of getting there, hoping hubby gets back by Monday so we can venture out and stock up.

1 of the hunters that pays dh to hunt at his camp called a couple of days ago and wanted to make arrangements to head up next Thursday....sigh...which means dh will have to leave on Wednesday or Thursday which means only a few days at home and many errands to run. Starting to feel overwhelmed.

Supper tonight will be a quick fix (chicken fingers w/ fries) or something of that nature.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day & weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-woke up at 5.30 tis morning with a sorethroat -bit of a fever-so took oil of oregano capsule and it really helped my throat
    -forced myself to go to fortinos his morning-got m thanksgiving turkey for free-30.00 in p.c points turkey was 29.00 alon with some fruit and other groceries
    -don't have an update on my brother today as I am letting his wife call me -she has been sick a bit and may be sleeping with all the stuff on her mind
    -I am gonna go rest on the couch -had homemade chicken soup for lunch

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information