User Tag List

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Angela273 - Pick my battles. I say this often now. It sure makes life smoother.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl great news about your brother, hope you are feeling better yourself today hun!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain I hope that mother 2 be takes care of herself, poor thing

Anyone care to share their meal plan for the week or 2? I need inspiration (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    $15 a day daycare? Is this something that will only happen out West?
    No, this is the NDP's daycare plan for all of Canada. To create more Childcare spaces & make them all be $15/day. There is more detailed info available online.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well my bbq ran out of propane -ugggg
    -so cooked steak inside
    -my sister-in-law -hubby's brother that has helped us with the railing on the deck and fixing my old car before I got rid of it -I asked her if she could make me a nightie with sleeves -cotton -short like my mom made me 4 years ago so she took my old nightie and cut it for a pattern and made me a lovely yellow nightie -I was gonna buy the material too -she used hers so nice of her

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We have been battling colds too @Angela273 including LO. She hasn't been sleeping as well and had a couple cranky days due to shots too. I feel half your pain. 😉
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just finished my 10th towel for today and I am sooo DONE.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Today, I was talking to PC Plus and asked about points given when using reusable bags and bins. The CSR told me that you get a reduction of $0.01 per bag off your bill if you don't have a PC Financial card, and 10 points per bag if you do.

QOTD: Do you get PC points if you have a PC Plus card but no PC Financial cards?

I've never had a reduction on my bill in over a year for bringing bags (and not using a PC Financial card). The CSR suggested I call PC Financial because it was not a points issue. I can't even find it on google!
    You need to tell the cashier how many bags you have, she will key in bag total and swipe a card she has twice I believe. You will see .01 go on your bill, then .01 come off and this is what gives you your PC points bag credit.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!
    Unfortunately, feels like a cold is starting for me this morning as well - hoping it doesn't progress, I have enough to deal with!

Hope everyone's day goes well!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It always takes much longer to get out the door than anticipated. Trying to make supper at night is often an accomplishment and achieved disappointingly late. The house needs to be cleaned and the laundry needs to be folded.

Our baby girl is my only child that has had a problem with spitting up. She often smells like sour milk and her sensitive skin reacts to it no matter how often I seem to wash her.
    @Angela273 : Yes on getting out the door, BIG YES on suppers (and thank goodness for freezer meals!), yes on the house, and we have a permanent clean laundry chair.... Argh.

LO had a rash on her face that would not go away for weeks and weeks. We went twice to the doctor's, asked four pharmacists, and a pediatric nurse at Sick Kids' Hospital and no one recognized it. They said not to worry as long as it doesn't spread or get worse. I tried moisturizing, washing, keeping the area dry, switching sunblock, and nothing made any difference. Finally, I tried SkinFix scent free hair and body wash and it did the trick in a few washes (cleansed area daily).

It's quite pricey at RCSS (or you can probably find it in any Loblaws chain grocery, but I haven't seen it at NF), but it went on sale once for $3.94 and there was a $3 off coupon so I picked up a few. I definitely wish I'd picked up a ton more now that I know it's the only thing that works on LO's horrible rashes. She has some other conditions that aggravate the issue, so it's a bit tough for her.

On the zucchini muffins, I think I tried those too! They came out really heavy in chocolate and super soggy from the zucchini. I'm going to pat the zucchini dry (or drier) next time and cut back on the chocolate chips, even though DH was quite happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Can anyone that is a regular sdm shopper such as @coupon girl @Frugalbigmama and perhaps others, I used to get an offer that was good all week, I no loner receive this, along with this offer I used and still get Monday, Wednesday and Friday offers BUT no longer get the personalized offer which could be used all week, can anyone weigh in and tell me if they discontinued this weekly offer or perhaps since I have not been purchasing much at sdm because of finances/budgets, etc. (I posted this question in the sdm thread) but thought I would ask my frugal friends, thanks
    I've been shopping very rarely at SDM since they brought in these digital offers. I used to go often to almost every 20X the points event but now it's only to buy milk. That's only because SDM has the freshest milk in our area with the longest expiry.

$15 a day daycare? Is this something that will only happen out West?
    @Frugalbigmama : It's one of the NDP's largest campaign promises. That would be welcome, but they have to be elected first. That and I'm guessing those spots would be very difficult to qualify for. They can promise what they like, but where will the money come from to subsidize such an expensive project? Perhaps it's time to call our local NDP candidate. I almost called our current federal representative to protest the closing of our favourite daycare and the expense of childcare.

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    You need to tell the cashier how many bags you have, she will key in bag total and swipe a card she has twice I believe. You will see .01 go on your bill, then .01 come off and this is what gives you your PC points bag credit.
    @macw1960 : Is this only with the PC Plus card or did you have to use your PC debit/credit card? The CS rep told me you can do it with only your PC Plus card, which I've never heard. I used to do it with the PC Mastercard/Debit all the time before I stopped using them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    No, this is the NDP's daycare plan for all of Canada. To create more Childcare spaces & make them all be $15/day. There is more detailed info available online.
    Hmm so they (meaning we) will be funding this? How can they keep the numbers low (caregiver to child ratio) and still pay liveable wages. My sister pays $55 per day and we figured out what they are making and it is peanuts. 3 children per caregiver and they have a chef! There are only 6 children and 2 workers in a huge room. Plus a chef that cooks awesome meals.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Another rainy day here. I have a meeting after work today but the taco meat is cooked and ready in the fridge so I will be able to whip up dinner for the boys quickly! Will tidy the kitchen, get laundry gathered and put a load on if enough, take a few pics and post new items for sale (people are buying right now it seems!).
    Tomorrow nights dinner will be pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots and green beans.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

@macw1960: Is this only with the PC Plus card or did you have to use your PC debit/credit card? The CS rep told me you can do it with only your PC Plus card, which I've never heard. I used to do it with the PC Mastercard/Debit all the time before I stopped using them.

sweet sparrow...You can do it it with any card. I only have PC Master Card so that is what I use.
    Last edited by macw1960; Tue, Oct 6th, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

PC Pts- Yes our RCSS asks how many bags and does the .01 and -.01. I think it would only work for the PC MasterCard and PC bank card. (not sure but I don't think it adds pts when just using the pc plus card)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

PC Pts- Yes our RCSS asks how many bags and does the .01 and -.01. I think it would only work for the PC MasterCard and PC bank card. (not sure but I don't think it adds pts when just using the pc plus card)

Actually you are probably right but I can check with my mom later.

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information