User Tag List

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I harvested all of our tomatoes last night because frost was forecast. I don't want to ripen a bunch of tomatoes this year, so last night I posted them for sale or trade on a garage sale Facebook page. I received one offer this morning. The lady is getting 3 gallons of green tomatoes (all that I have) and in exchange I am getting 2 dozen dozen potato with cheddar and onions, 2 dozen potato with cheddar and bacon, and the 1 dozen cabbage rolls. Haha I just turned green tomatoes into home made perogies and cabbage rolls. I didn't expect this type of offer, but I'm quite happy with it. I have fresh ripe tomatoes and I don't have to be concerned about the green ones going to waste. She plans on canning all of them and should be stopping by shortly to make the trade.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hmm so they (meaning we) will be funding this? How can they keep the numbers low (caregiver to child ratio) and still pay liveable wages. My sister pays $55 per day and we figured out what they are making and it is peanuts. 3 children per caregiver and they have a chef! There are only 6 children and 2 workers in a huge room. Plus a chef that cooks awesome meals.
    I have no idea, but it sounds very expensive (tax wise) which won't benefit those without children or those who have children too old for daycare. It doesn't sound very feasible, but I'm sure as an election promise, they have a way of making it sound great upfront, but if it actually came into effect, it's probably only for family incomes of $20,000 or less or something equally restrictive so there's no big cost.

PC Pts- Yes our RCSS asks how many bags and does the .01 and -.01. I think it would only work for the PC MasterCard and PC bank card. (not sure but I don't think it adds pts when just using the pc plus card)
    The PC Plus rep said that if you use the PC Plus points card (without a PC MC or debit) then you would get $0.01 off per bag/bin, no points. Historically, if you have a PC Financial card, you always get the points with the +$0.01 and -$0.01.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Where is the time going?????

Friday night we went grocery shopping, cost a little more then I would have liked but with the price of Roast at No Frills and Ham at Freshco, well I just could not turn down those prices. Luckily our other grocery needs were not high and all and we did not go that over budget. My fridge is now bursting at the seams. Tonight I will process a bunch of stuff for the freezer which will give me fridge space back.

This weekend I did nothing, it was amazing. I sat in my chair and crocheted almost all weekend. I am currently making blankets for all our beds. This was not my plan but when Mom announced she wasn't doing anything, I decided to do the same.

Tonight when I get home I have 5 cauliflower to be broken down and 10 lbs of carrots to peel and chop. I think that is enough for tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I harvested all of our tomatoes last night because frost was forecast. I don't want to ripen a bunch of tomatoes this year, so last night I posted them for sale or trade on a garage sale Facebook page. I received one offer this morning. The lady is getting 3 gallons of green tomatoes (all that I have) and in exchange I am getting 2 dozen dozen potato with cheddar and onions, 2 dozen potato with cheddar and bacon, and the 1 dozen cabbage rolls. Haha I just turned green tomatoes into home made perogies and cabbage rolls. I didn't expect this type of offer, but I'm quite happy with it. I have fresh ripe tomatoes and I don't have to be concerned about the green ones going to waste. She plans on canning all of them and should be stopping by shortly to make the trade.
    You are going to accept food for your family to eat from a stranger? I have a hard time eating in a restaurant where they are suppose to be regulated.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

You are going to accept food for your family to eat from a stranger? I have a hard time eating in a restaurant where they are suppose to be regulated.
    She sells these year round and does trays of baking at the holidays. I also live in a community of 12,000.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 6th, 2015 at 01:55 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gosh, is it afternoon already?!
    So busy lately, and this morning I've sandwiched a little panel quilt together for a new baby in our SIL's family that our DD and her hubby and little guy will be taking down for me later this month. I've never done outline quilting before and this is a panel with cutesy 'jungle' animals on it. I guess it's a matter of jumping in and seeing what happens. Then just the binding border and it'll be done!

Hope you're all having great days with your canning, preserving, freezing...I'm not up to that this year, yet, but next year I really want to get back into it. Although...Hubby can help make my antipasto...we go through it all every year at get-togethers ... then maybe my bread and butter pickles...? Ugh, I'm straining at my leash here!!!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, that didn't go as planned.
    My sewing machine got itself in a huff again and decided to get all knotted under the fabric and when I tried to remove it, I put a small hole in the top of the quilt fabric. NOT a good day.
    So that project is now scrapped........

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wowsers, what a win for you! Here, homemade perogies go for $5 a dozen, and cabbage rolls are more than that.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 , the trade sounds amazing and a win win for both sides, great idea
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady you a machine,

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon All,
    Where is the time going?????

Friday night we went grocery shopping, cost a little more then I would have liked but with the price of Roast at No Frills and Ham at Freshco, well I just could not turn down those prices. Luckily our other grocery needs were not high and all and we did not go that over budget. My fridge is now bursting at the seams. Tonight I will process a bunch of stuff for the freezer which will give me fridge space back.

This weekend I did nothing, it was amazing. I sat in my chair and crocheted almost all weekend. I am currently making blankets for all our beds. This was not my plan but when Mom announced she wasn't doing anything, I decided to do the same.

Tonight when I get home I have 5 cauliflower to be broken down and 10 lbs of carrots to peel and chop. I think that is enough for tonight.

Have a great day everyone.
    @sassy Ahsley good for you to relax and have a do nothing weekend, I think your mom was probably in shock BUT good for you

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, that didn't go as planned.
    My sewing machine got itself in a huff again and decided to get all knotted under the fabric and when I tried to remove it, I put a small hole in the top of the quilt fabric. NOT a good day.
    So that project is now scrapped........
    oh @Lynn49 how devastating, any way you can make it still work...geez poor you

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    oh @Lynn49 how devastating, any way you can make it still work...geez poor you
    Thank you, J&C....unfortunately the little tear is right in the middle of the quilt top (or course) and there's really nothing I can do that wouldn't be obvious. So....on to step 2...the hat and mittens I had knitted for my hairdresser; hope IT turns out!!

That's the set I knitted for my hairdresser....this one will be in pink and soft grey...fingers crossed!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a productive day -went to walmart to get pictures printed -must have hit seconds by mistake so I ended up paying .34 a picture -so pi***ed at myself -I asked the lady at the desk I made a mistake is there anything you can do -nope she said -well I asked I wasted 15.00(anyway got a few done for my son /wife )
    -then grabbed a few items in walmart price matched a few too
    -called ashlyn and sang happy birthday to her she is 2 today and I developed a picture of the sun going down at night -when we were at the cottage we rented and a picture of the moon -full bright moon from before the eclipse-so ashlyn can put on the fridge and just say sun -moon all day long
    -hubby and I ate at A&W tonight a treat -I had a coupon for burgers fries and rootbeer 11.49 with coupon if I didn't have a coupon 18.99-gee those coupons that come in the mail really help saved 7.00 with just this one
    -oh and I mailed my brother 2 pictures of ashlyn to London ,Ontario as I don't do facebook and he wanted to see a few pictures of her

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No tv till 8 so I can get stuff done. Laundry on the go. Kitchen clean ( even shined the sink). Little one did math studying at table while I cleaned. Animals fed and cages cleaned. Ds vacuumed his room. Dinner planned for tomorrow night. Now off to post a few new items for sale.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information