User Tag List

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Yes your right Nancy it's all those little things that are time consuming but evenually it will get done.

Not sure what i'm doing for Thankgiving both DDs and spouses are going to other family members,i might just stay in my PJ and watch tv all day something i haven't done in a long time.I have a small turkey roll might roast that up with all the other goodies that go with a turkey dinner.I'm thinking of asking my sister over as she's alone this week as her dd is in Mississippi this week.We get along great together and always have a few laughs especially when we have had a few drinks lol
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Fri, Oct 9th, 2015 at 06:41 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I believe if you get the windshield replaced through insurance you only pay $50 and your rate etc does not go up, just a thougth it may be too late
    Here, you have to have a special package policy to do that - which we don't have, since the van is really old.
    However, with the discounts our son gets, the price is doable.

He was telling me that some of the newer cars with their fancy-dancy windshields cost two to three thousand grand to replace - oy!

Husband had taken today off work, and he's just gone now to pick up the van from the shop.
    He was a sweetie, and while I was napping this morning he did most of the dishwashing! What a honey!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a confession to make-today I booked tickets for DD and I to go to Argentina for the last 2 weeks of January to visit my sister(DH has to work). Somehow I don't think I will mind trading 2 weeks of winter for summer. DD has 3 weeks off for exams and it appears both her exams are in the first week. Anyway the trip is paid for so why not splurge I figure.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Yes your right Nancy it's all those little things that are time consuming but evenually it will get done.

Not sure what i'm doing for Thankgiving both DDs and spouses are going to other family members,i might just stay in my PJ and watch tv all day something i haven't done in a long time.I have a small turkey roll might roast that up with all the other goodies that go with a turkey dinner.I'm thinking of asking my sister over as she's alone this week as her dd is in Mississippi this week.We get along great together and always have a few laughs especially when we have had a few drinks lol
    sounds like a great plan some sister bonding time with some wine and lost of laughs and memory lane
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I have a confession to make-today I booked tickets for DD and I to go to Argentina for the last 2 weeks of January to visit my sister(DH has to work). Somehow I don't think I will mind trading 2 weeks of winter for summer. DD has 3 weeks off for exams and it appears both her exams are in the first week. Anyway the trip is paid for so why not splurge I figure.
    lucky ducky lizzie, perhaps a late Christmas gift (haha) you are so lucky to travel so often, I miss those days

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

As they say 1 step forward 2 steps back - update on dh's employment....sigh....

As some of you may know dh was retrained and graduated in September 2012 as a CYW (child and youth worker) and works on call as a substitute EA (educational assistant) he primarily works with children with mental disabilities...anyways....the union is on work to rule and are not hiring even the substitutes so dh is feeling deflated that he won't be getting much work when he returns from his hunting near the end of the month unless a settlement is reached (5% pay cut, less hours etc) so it's no looking great. He is scheduled to have a procedure done on Oct. 27th in Kingston (FIL will be his driver as there is no way I can drive that distance). His procedure will entail burning the nerves in his back and he should know immediately once he stands up if the procedure is a success. DH has all his eggs in the baskets so to speak keeps saying once I have this procedure I will...I will...I will and he gets upset and might as well call me Debbie downer (no offence to anyone named Debbie) as I say don't go in expecting it to work and be the end all to fix all BUT I am most concerned on what will become of his mental state should he stand up and still have pain...I'm putting the horse ahead of the cart so to speak but I wish he would have a different mindset that his current one going into the procedure.

I then have my armpit surgery 2 days later Oct. 29th I took the date eventhough I may not be in the best of shape to go out trick or treating with youngest, however, if dh and I are both in bad shape hopefully eldest will walk along with his brother - a girl can dream as they fight like cats & dogs.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-does not sound like a fun end of Oct-I hope the surgeries go well for both of you! Really hope your DH can get some work.

My DH is currently tinkering with the espresso machine he bought at a garage sale last weekend for $5. He is making an espresso for him and a capuccino for DD. He doesn't spend much on himself so he is enjoying using it. I figure if you want fancy coffees better to make at home than buy out.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Oct 9th, 2015 at 07:13 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

CHCH tv this morning had a lifestyle expert showing a top line Saeco coffee machine which has the gee-whiz factor of running orders from one's iPad or device with the app. So a host can make dessert coffee a big deal by asking guests to place their coffee orders on it and even name them. Machine will run the coffee in sequence (but someone most likely has to be there to put a fresh cup under the spout for the next order.

With @coupongirl often mentioning her Talize finds, I popped into the store on my walk tonight and found a navy pair of pants one size (smaller than my size) without pockets. $9.99 +tax, I purchased it. Yes something was done the to the hems on the wrong side but I think I can deal with it. Even colour on both legs-hope no dye runs when I wash the pants later (there was a Cdn company name on tag but not country of manufacture...).
    @jasperandchar -dinner for two can be a fun mix of favourites with maybe something baked that you both like (or will make together). BBQ sounds like a great way to enjoy the long weekend. Sorry to hear about the smokey stove and necessary airing efforts.Would you have any of those fridge and freezer baking soda boxes around that you can leave on the counter tonight to help with the air?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We are entertaining a houseful for the next 5 days so I just took a minute to wish everyone a safe and happy thanksgiving weekend, enjoy!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    slow down mama relax and rest while you can, I know it's easier said than done. Does your eldest son still nap?
    Yes, he still has an afternoon nap. The problem is having both of the twins asleep at the same time. I managed to get about 40min sleep this afternoon. I can find it quite frustrating if I don't get a nap and I am really hoping for one that day. Baby boy has been feeding extra the last couple days. Baby girl has been her comparatively smily self.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

any grey's anatomy fans?...this weeks epi a tear jerker!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I am, Granger - it was a good episode. There's a thread on it in the Entertainment section.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and at work, it is my weekend to work plus I wanted to make sure the computer were running right. They added a new program yesterday and it was nothing but trouble, at one point neither myself nor the controller could get in to try to clear the errors to get everyone unfrozen. The new program was supposed to be disabled to get us through the weekend and we will look at it again next week.

SO far I have confirmation on 2 mermaid blankets and a few more who still need to get back to me. I have to say it shocks me how hard it is to get wants/needs out of people. Maybe it is just me but I kind of thought something like what colours would you like would be a simple question but apparently not. I need to go look at yarn but not sure if I am up to the drive today or not yet, will see how I feel when I get off work. Only downside to boonies living, luckily we have everything you need but something like yarn is a 30+ minute drive which makes it hard to just run out and look. Well that is a lie we do have a Wal-Mart 15 minutes away but their yarn section is horrible and I usually walk out frustrated and end up making the 30+ minute to drive to get what I need so I stopped even trying to go to Wal-Mart.

Thanksgiving this year is a bit different, both Mom and Dad are doing their dinner the same night and neither wanted to move it so I will be staying home with Mom, have no idea if bro is coming. I would almost be tempted to skip it as I have a feeling Mom is going to end up in quite the mood as I am almost 100% sure bro isn't coming so guess who will hear about that ALL day. So I have kind of suggested maybe we should go out that day (maybe she will forget, hey a girl can dream). I figure I can use some gift cards we have and have a day out but we will see what happens. She is always bugging me to go out to breakfast, I hate eating breakfast out as I do not eat most breakfast foods so I find it a waste but we have a gift card to a breakfast place which was bought for a friend and things went sour so we still have the card so maybe just maybe breakfast out will tempt her.

Alright well my desk is covered in shipping errors from last nights incoming shipments so off to send error reports, I will be a popular girl today. Have a great day everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

everyone have a happy thanksgiving -mine is today so gotta go get started on the stuffing
    -ohh granger and nat just started watching "greys anatomy" on net flicks -boy I love the show so I am a bit behind first season I am finishing up -where was I 10 years ago and not watching it then -don't know

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain $5 is a great deal that couldn't be passed up for sure
    @SassyAshley I never eat breakfast out I find it such a waste of $ but that's just my opinion, perhaps the detterant would be your mom's treat. I thought your mom had invited the neighbours and that was part of the agreement to clean/get organized is that still happening.
    @thriftygranny pace yourself, don't overdue it - hope you are feeling better these days
    @coupon girl enjoy the family time and feast

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information