User Tag List

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

MIL took Logan, I and bil out for supper last night which was a nice treat.

My folks showed up this morning at 9am which is early for them as they normally don't arrive closer to noon. They came bearing French vanilla coffee and donuts plus a couple bags of chips for Logan and I.....yes we are spoiled.

I have pork out for supper but they said they were going to leave as it's almost a 2 hour drive home.

While we were out I noticed a wide but not tall apple tree with apples the size of baseballs, I knocked on the door but no one was home so I've put a note pad in my purse for those occasions (haha). anyways when dh gets back I want to go and ask or leave a note asking if I can pick some apples.....most of the apples I did get earlier on in August are in the freezer and I would love to can some more in jars BUT will see a lot can happen in 2 weeks (they could fall to the ground, etc).

looking forward to the big bang theory tonight, wishing everyone a wonderful evening gobble gobble
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My dad called this morning. We went out for breakfast at Humpty's at 11 and used a coupon. Big brother got his regular free pancake and 1/2 of my pan scrambler is in the fridge for dh to eat tomorrow. While dh had big brother out flying his kite I was busy making treats to bring to tonight's Thanks Giving supper. I have peanut butter fudge, dark chocolate fudge, and confetti squares in the fridge. I'm taking a break to feed the twins, then I want to make 2 pies with easy oil crust. One will be apple (canned) crumble and the other will be fidgey pecan pie. I got 5 glass pie pans for free a while ago and this will be my first time using them.

i need to to wash a load of clothes for the kids, then wash dh's white dress shirt. He is a guest speaker for Grades 7 and 8 tomorrow morning before he heads to work for the day.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was a nice summer day here, 24 degrees and sunny. So we took advantage of the warm and did burgers and fries on the BBQ, it was a late lunch early dinner as DH is flying to California tonight for work. I went for a long walk this morning,decided to vote today. I waited 40 minutes. Wow, but it's nice to see that people are getting out to vote. I figured it's worth the wait since its not a privilege for all.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gee you are a busy girl angela -how do you do it ??
    -well hubby and I had leftovers
    -I went on line found a muffin recipe for leftover" homemade cranberry sauce "
    -it is a small recipe she said it makes 6 but I got 7 out of it -good way to use up cranberry sauce -they were good too from a blog called "2 peas in a pod recipes"
    -well no show on a kijiji sale again she asked will you be home today -so I messaged her at 1.00 p.m telling her yes and no she didn't get back to me -ohhh kijiji you drive me nuts sometimes
    -babysit ashlyn on Tuesday at 7.00 a.m

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We had our feast yesterday - the meal was wonderful, and we had a great visit with our son.
    Sent him home loaded up with food for the week - as well as ham, cabbage rolls and veggies from our meal, I had made extra beef stew the night before to give to him, plus pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Oh, and cantaloupe and grapes because sometimes he forgets to eat fruit!

Today he came over and took the old a/c unit we used in our former house, to junk it - he had borrowed a truck from work to get rid of things from his place as well.

So for the new windshield for our van, it ended up being about $280 - much less than I thought it would be - I thought the glass would be 300 plus labour - but our sweet son cut a deal. Yay him!

We went to vote this afternoon and got through very quickly.
    Such a beautiful day out today - totally unlike yesterday with its cold, rain, and horrid winds - like Angela said, though, it was much worse down south.

Tonight, supper will be leftover ham and cabbage rolls - I think I'll fry up some potatoes and make a salad.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

jeepers @Angela273 you are amazing with all you do and twins and a toddler I hope you enjoy your dinner out and don't forget to freeze the extras for latter use if there are any left.

Beautiful day here as well - can't stop thinking about those huge apples...yes the simple things in life excite me (haha)

Voted this afternoon as well, glad it's done and over with only had a 10 minute wait so not bad.

On Wednesday when Logan has his appointment I will ask MIL if she can bring me to WM for dog food and then FreshCo for the ground beef which is on sale this week at $2.88lbs can't beat that price these days (fingers crossed they have some in stock).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka your feast sounds delish, enjoy the leftovers and relax AND I'm sure Milan will be enjoying mama's cooking

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Bfs family came from Georgian Bay! His Nan and Gramps were lighthouse keepers. She used to write an article called Up the Shore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    awesome! It is beautiful here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  67.1 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  67.1 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    awesome! It is beautiful here
    He agrees. I think he misses it there even though he's been gone since he was 7 or 8.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We dug our potatoes today....a little later than I normally do. BF says There's about 50 pounds there...not bad for planting them and basically ignoring the for the summer.

We brought in the carrots as well but only a couple pounds of smaller ones everything else was way too teenie. But...I didnt thin them this year like I should have. BF didnt think they were worth digging but I did it anyways...now he's snacking on them.

We never did find out who snuck in and hilled them for us after the accident.

Boys are back at their moms today

Made some tea to put in the fridge as I've developed a liking for that pure leaf tea at the stores but don't like the price. Trying David's tea -magic dragon.
    I have pink lemonade David's tea and another one I'm going to try.

Argh I broke the screen on my phone.

Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Oct 12th, 2015 at 09:03 PM.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Well sister didn't end up coming today had a sore back so stayed home and i decided to put the second coat of paint on the inside of my cupboards,one less thing to do this week.I then spent the rest of the day watching TV.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you great ladies and hope it was an enjoyable day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    He agrees. I think he misses it there even though he's been gone since he was 7 or 8.

Come back for a visit! I have room for company!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I ended up making 2 apple crumble pies plus the fidgey pecan pie and the rest of the goodies. If dh hadn't helped with the twins I wouldn't have been able to bake the pies. It has been a long time since I made any pies. Today was one friend's birthday so they also had birthday cake. A lot of my goodies were virtually untouched. I left 2 pies, 1/2 the pan of squares, and 1/2 the fudge at their house. We were the first guests to leave because it was too hot for the twins, so they were miserable. I asked him to save me some of the pecan pie. We left in a hurry so we forgot big brother's sippy cup. We'll see them later this week to trade stuff.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm trying to jimmy rig something to stop Chester from scratching his wound which is on the back of his neck (make sense???) I have no way to purchase a cone and would rather not have to spend the $. I hate putting cones on dogs it's a constant banging into walls and at this rate I'm not in the mood to have my not so perfect walls scratch or marked anymore than they are as it takes dh forever to commit to doing projects BUT primarily finishing projects arg...
    @YOU AND ME hope your back feels better hun and glad you tackled the other coat of paint inside the cabinets you are 1 step closer to getting your stuff back in them SUCH a relief I imagine

I'm thinking leftovers for my lunches for the week as parents didn't stay for supper. Going to rewarm burrito meat for Logan and I and supper is done.

Rainy day here so my ambitions are quite low (haha) but that's okay I'll enjoy the day to myself.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and frugal week ahead

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information