User Tag List

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

This is so not frugal. I broke my phone screen today. It’s just a crack and the rest of the people in my house have all done it & say live with it. I am a bit obsessive and it will drive me insane. So it’s going to cost 90.00 plus tax to fix it. It’s the 1st time I have ever broke a screen DH is on screen 3, so bummed.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well if you can't ignore it then you need to replace it!!!!
    I use my phone so little I could care less, when we renewed our plan I gave the upgrade to my son and just use the old one. Everybody has their thing!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lol, I never thought I would be one of those smart phone people. Sad thing is I dropped it while taking a photo for a rebate app. I could take it to a one hr repair place & that is 130.00 vs a day in the shop @ 90. But I am going to force myself to practice patience & see how long it is before I really get annoyed or if I just learn to live with it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lilo - my son just went through that with his phone, he's trying to wait it out til his contract is up because fixing it is so expensive. First he had just a crack, then something happened again and it got bigger with a few edges sticking out, so he put a screen protector (like a film?) on over it. I dunno what it's called, I don't have a cell.
    I have a tablet, but it doesn't leave the house so I don't have to worry about it being damaged.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just doing master shopping list for the week - we don't need a heck of a lot, just top-ups of some stuff. Co-op has dollar days on, so that will be good for a variety of items.

The only meat we need is some chicken thighs and ground pork, so that will help keep the bills down this week.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ lilo0003 Sorry to hear about your phone. Hope it doesn`t bother you too much.

I went to get my teeth cleaned this morning...almost $200. I was expecting the bill to be higher but I just noticed they didn`t charge me for the x-rays.
    I have to go back in 2 weeks for2 fillings. Had a broken tooth in August. Thanks Prednisone!. Nobody told me that it can destroy your teeth. I checked after I heard someone talking about it. Hadn`t had a cavity in at least 10 years. I really miss having dental coverage.

Had lunch out because I was so hungry and then delivered more towels. Actually put some Christmas ones up too.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    This is so not frugal. I broke my phone screen today. It’s just a crack and the rest of the people in my house have all done it & say live with it. I am a bit obsessive and it will drive me insane. So it’s going to cost 90.00 plus tax to fix it. It’s the 1st time I have ever broke a screen DH is on screen 3, so bummed.
    I did that on monday. Not sure how though because it didn't fall off the stool it was on. I ordered a replacement screen off eBay and am contemplating fixing it myself but know someone who does it as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thanks @Ciel for the mentioning of FallenPixels post on Hydro, here's the link for everyone to glance...It's definitely not what they original said for families under $50k BUT what did I expect.

http://www.ontarioenergyboard.ca/oeb...ram+%28OESP%29

Good luck to those that qualify. however not many people beside @momof5boys have a household of 7 or have 5 kids living with them at the present time.

OESP credit amounts
    LEVEL OF HOUSEHOLD INCOME ($) NUMBER OF PEOPLE LIVING IN HOME
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Less than 28,000 $30 $30 $34 $38 $42 $50 $50
    28,001 - 39,000 $30 $34 $38 $42 $50
    39,001 - 48,000 $30 $34 $38
    48,001 - 52,000 $30
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just doing master shopping list for the week - we don't need a heck of a lot, just top-ups of some stuff. Co-op has dollar days on, so that will be good for a variety of items.

The only meat we need is some chicken thighs and ground pork, so that will help keep the bills down this week.
    Great news on not needing much groceries this week, you are so organized with your mater list.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lilo 003 sucks that your screen cracked but if it's going to drive you nuts there's no sense not getting it fixed

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @ lilo0003 Sorry to hear about your phone. Hope it doesn`t bother you too much.

I went to get my teeth cleaned this morning...almost $200. I was expecting the bill to be higher but I just noticed they didn`t charge me for the x-rays.
    I have to go back in 2 weeks for2 fillings. Had a broken tooth in August. Thanks Prednisone!. Nobody told me that it can destroy your teeth. I checked after I heard someone talking about it. Hadn`t had a cavity in at least 10 years. I really miss having dental coverage.

Had lunch out because I was so hungry and then delivered more towels. Actually put some Christmas ones up too.
    I'm sure your Christmas towels will sell quickly. I have already started my shopping.

While at SDM today the Civitan was selling fruit cake I purchased a box of 3 for my dad as I buy this for him every year, he loves it.

So I can say @Crochetlady people are already shopping and excited for the Christmas crafts, items etc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I took big brother to get his first pair of hockey skates from Sports Check. They happened to be on clearance, plus an additional 25% off I redeemed $20 in Scene points and paid $8 oop. I also redeemed $20 in AM at Sobeys.

Today I got a free Oh Henry chocolate bar from 7-Eleven by using the app. I also saved $250 on my truck plates because I have a perfect driving record and therefore receive a 20% discount when I paid for my next years plates.

Tonight we are setting up the twins' education funds that we will deposit $100 into each month, just like we do for big brother. I got a letter from the government last week adjusting my GST return by $20. I still have not received any baby cheques for the twins.

I spent enough money, but these are the savings that came to mind.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I spent a bit of time online shopping tried toys r us....found what I wanted for my neice and nephew for Christmas....they wouldn't ship to their area in cold lake...so tried my mom's address $166 in shipping made me retry amazon....free shipping right to the "babies" house with Amazon so I've ordered their Christmas presents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Morning ladies

I've only been up since 3am,i have a cleaning job today and will stay overnight as my customer is away for a few days and doesn't want her cats to be alone so should be home by Monday

Well off to do a few things before i'm off for the day,rainy and damp today,time to take out the winter clothes lol
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So happy this week is over, we are still showing no signs of slowing down this week. Almost all of next week one of us is off or away so should be an interesting week.

I have taken the plunge and will start for my Etsy store, it won't be up running probably for a few weeks as I need to make some samples and work out some pricing. Most of my samples will go up for sale unless it is something a family member wants them.

Today we are off to go shopping we need to do some grocery shopping, not much on our list but a few essentials (Yogurt, Milk, Veggies). Grocery shopping should come in under budget but we are going to take some of our surplus to Costco and stock up on a few things there. We are right on schedule normally we do this shop in November so we are a couple weeks early and most stuff we do not need yet but we both have a weekend off and my surplus is now over $300.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information