User Tag List

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Beautiful sunny morning here but I see dark gray sky too! Guess something is coming in. Have a $7 pick up on the porch today (Too small tops of DS) Counted my envelope of sales marked my "hockey money" this morning and have $189.00!! and I took $50 from it the other day to buy a gate pass at our arena so I don't have to pay at all this season) I have lots of things to sell so hoping to post a bunch of new things this week and try and load that money up!
    Taking tomorrow off since DS has a PA day and have things to do that never get done (DS needs a haircut, I need to bring vehicle to the dealer to have nitro put in tires, DS has a big whack of $ to deposit in his savings account) So we will do all that and hopefully if its not raining go for a Fall walk in the bush. That is our plan!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lazy morning here so far- one load of laundry, popped out to pick up a few groceries and a bus pass for next month for DD-have some company popping by this aft. There is a post secondary fair at the high school this evening so we may pop over-although DD is only in Grade 11 so we still have some time to research options yet.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks!
    Mostly driving today. But spent some time at a MIND-BOGGLING mall. I have never been to the West Edmonton Mall so I can't compare, but, I swear you could park your camper and spend a week there and still not visit every store.
    For a moment, I thought you said you had gone to West Edmonton! I was there once and we decided to visit a store on the opposite end of where we were. My friend is one of those super-fit-get-up-at-6-AM-to-run-and-play-field-hockey-with-boys-at-10-PM sort of people. She taught skiing, raced horses, and was taking diving classes when I met her. When she said we needed to drive to the other side of the mall, I was shocked.

West Edmonton is an amazing place though. There was a roller coaster, underwater submarine ride, hotel, and glow-in-the-dark mini golf, and grocery stores in there. If you worked there, you'd never have to see daylight!

I'm feeling really discouraged today. These past few weekends have been just awful for me losing things. I've lost two hats, and now a $96 SDM gift card between the cashier and the car. The worst feeling is that by my next visit, I would have used it all and it wouldn't have been a concern anymore. I've checked everything; laundry, wallet, bags, pockets, counter tops, recycling bin (in case LO walked off with it) and can't find it anywhere. I've even called the store to see if it's been turned in.

DH has been encouraging and keeps saying that it'll turn up, but even he said if I've checked everywhere, it's looking bleak at this point. :-( I didn't write down the number either so SDM customer service can't do anything. Argh!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have you looked under/between car seats?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Have you looked under/between car seats?
    Once I lost my wallet for over a week. (single days) Then picked up a friend and when she opened the passengers side door to get in she handed me my wallet lol. Guess I tossed it on the seat and it bounced between the seat and door.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-sorry about the loss of your gift card. That is a lot to be out. I always buy them too and worry should they become lost or stolen but I guess it would be the same as me carrying cash. Do you have the receipt? I would think the gift card number would be on there and could you perhaps cancel it and have another one re-issued? Hope it turns up.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Beautiful fall day for a long walk...collecting refundable empties ($1.20 made today). Decided to go Rexall and get the 2L pop at 0.99 cents. It rings up at $2.99 at cash (and the shelf card indicated the same). I ask staffer to check the flyer-the product is shown at 99 cents but the flyer ended on Wed. Thurs-no sale is on. Bought scratch ticket instead.

I've noticed that Sears flyers have moved to a Thursday start unless that was just for last week.

Applied for one retail job in person yesterday and one online for a place opening up soon near me. Need to get back to the online virtual job fair (Peel Halton) to see if I missed any openings. One was interesting-Toronto $14-15/h-until I read address on website (it's in Concord so too far to commute by transit for me).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -you need lots of rewards for all that you are pursuing/managing! Let's see if the card turns up or some other windfall comes into your life this week to make up for all the hassles you had to stickhandle.
    @avoncallingu -isn't it Dunedin? Florida that is the winter camp for the Blue Jays? Those locals would know who the team is.
    @jasper anchar -yes, JetBlue's an airline. I noticed one event marketing firm has run promos for Jet Blue as per their website.
    @Lilo 003 -happened to see recent Union Gas bill. Equal billing amount is $88! Major surprise after having seen the over $100 monthly amounts during the past winter ($134 or more at some point). When the day's cold and wet, it is necessary to heat something in the oven or on the stove to get some warmth going. Have been trying to avoid the dryer use unless it's a wet Saturday and several loads need to get put away. Can I expect that the equal billing amounts keep under $90 for the heating season?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did pop into Value Village Burlington to see how the pant selection was. Very similar to what I had seen at Talize in Hamilton. Since VV had a Halloween costume section set up, store was busy with shoppers checking out the wares (staff were costume consultants and some were in costume).
    This week VV club card members save on Halloween Decor. Next week, the general public gets to save on Halloween decor.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Beautiful fall day for a long walk...collecting refundable empties ($1.20 made today). Decided to go Rexall and get the 2L pop at 0.99 cents. It rings up at $2.99 at cash (and the shelf card indicated the same). I ask staffer to check the flyer-the product is shown at 99 cents but the flyer ended on Wed. Thurs-no sale is on. Bought scratch ticket instead.

I've noticed that Sears flyers have moved to a Thursday start unless that was just for last week.

Applied for one retail job in person yesterday and one online for a place opening up soon near me. Need to get back to the online virtual job fair (Peel Halton) to see if I missed any openings. One was interesting-Toronto $14-15/h-until I read address on website (it's in Concord so too far to commute by transit for me).
    I finally made it to Mark's yesterday to look at the boots I saw in the flyer. It ended the day before (I think) New flyer on. Oh well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS since I wanted to grab a few more bottles of Dove body wash ($2.99 less $1.50 coupon) Grabbed a few for my mom to go with her Christmas stuff. And bought 3 of the St. Huberts Tourtiere pies on for $5.99 Reg $11.99. The teen loves them and the little one said he does too so will be an easy oven meal with fries and salad! I can't make it for that price. Redeemed $20 in PC PTS from my extra PC PTS card. (saving up the ones on my PC M/C)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just popped out for a few shops this morning -got a few xmas tiny items
    -then popped into shoppers -made 5.00 checkout51 from my 2 items
    -saved 3.00 from spending over 10.00 at the bulk barn

-just sold my daughter blue high heels on kijiji for her 5.00-the girl took a bus here it was for a Halloween costume

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night big brother and I baked 15 banana bread muffins. We just finished digging the last dozen red potato plants from our garden. Did this with baby bit strapped to my chest, he took a nap most of the time. It was somewhat awkward and hot...running the spade and such. Big brother was out there helping me. Baby girl was napping & I had the baby monitor with me. I'm just nursing the twins, then big brother and I will have something for lunch. I'll be making a large pot of turkey stew this afternoon. I want leftovers because dh will be gone to Saskatoon for the next 3 days for some work related stuff. The older lady that was helping me is gone for the entire month of October, so I'm going to try to get some of our friends to come over and give me a hand or at least some adult company. Big brother has gymnastics this evening and them we have a meeting with a guy who is coming over late tonight.

A flooring store is going our of business so I want to see if we can get some outdoor carpet for our front step, it really needs it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 22nd, 2015 at 03:33 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit hope Lily feels better @thriftygranny 13 years old for a lab is very good @sweet sparrow sorry to hear about the gc - that's sucks

Productive am here thawed 8 cups of rhubard and 4 cups of pears overnight in the fridge, I made 4 new recipes yes 4....
    1 recipe for Pear & Pecan muffins = 36 muffins
    8 cups of rhubard - rhubarb crips, rhubarb squares and rhubard cake

I also made macaroni casserole for lunches for me and shaken n' bake chicken since the oven was hot
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Andit hope Lily feels better @thriftygranny 13 years old for a lab is very good @sweet sparrow sorry to hear about the gc - that's sucks

Productive am here thawed 8 cups of rhubard and 4 cups of pears overnight in the fridge, I made 4 new recipes yes 4....
    1 recipe for Pear & Pecan muffins = 36 muffins
    8 cups of rhubard - rhubarb crips, rhubarb squares and rhubard cake

I also made macaroni casserole for lunches for me and shaken n' bake chicken since the oven was hot
    You were busy!!

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information