• 3 Post By torontogal12
  • 3 Post By ilovecats
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: walmart.ca

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I shop on walmart.ca fairly often and usually it is successful, but the last two times not so much. I went to the clearance section this morning and they had many good deals or so I thought. I ended up with 33 items in my cart ALL of which said in stock, but when I go to check out all 33 items are OUT OF STOCK. Somehow I find it hard to imagine that all 33 items could possibly have gone from in stock to out of stock that quickly as they from various categories. Not the end of the world but definitely annoying.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had the same thing this morning. I was so excited I never get these amazing deals but like you everything in my cart was sold out. I did notice that they were all things that were on clearance awhile ago but you do see that sometimes. I think sometimes it glitches. But darn I really did want the snowsuit lol.
    Last edited by Springbreeze; Wed, Oct 7th, 2015 at 02:29 PM.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Since I am on bedrest I wanted to do some shopping - got a few good deals and checked out. Had a few out of stock - got notice that they are shipping one can of cat food by it self.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All those items were there before on walmart.ca and gone before so maybe they only found a few in their warehouse.I hate they leave some of their out of stock items on their websites for weeks.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Since I am on bedrest I wanted to do some shopping - got a few good deals and checked out. Had a few out of stock - got notice that they are shipping one can of cat food by it self.
    Let's leave the ridiculous additional shipping costs aside. They are giving their customers more work by making them go to pick up multiple packages
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Let's leave the ridiculous additional shipping costs aside. They are giving their customers more work by making them go to pick up multiple packages
    Always the possibility certain things are shipping from a different location.....not everything at Walmart.ca is at the same location, and some cases, there things that ship directly from the manufacturer.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

their inventory update system is terrible, the same thing happened to me as well. so annoying. I think they can affort to update their system
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah they suck.

In my case its even worse they even let me place orders & the order goes through. It still shows in stock online or limited stock . And after 2-3 days I get an email saying a few items in your order are not in stock & if we don't get them in 28 days we will cancle your order . But they put a hold for that amount on your credit card for a month !

Why let the order go through or process it, if you don't have it in stock. Don't even take the order in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    I shop on walmart.ca fairly often and usually it is successful, but the last two times not so much. I went to the clearance section this morning and they had many good deals or so I thought. I ended up with 33 items in my cart ALL of which said in stock, but when I go to check out all 33 items are OUT OF STOCK. Somehow I find it hard to imagine that all 33 items could possibly have gone from in stock to out of stock that quickly as they from various categories. Not the end of the world but definitely annoying.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    All those items were there before on walmart.ca and gone before so maybe they only found a few in their warehouse.I hate they leave some of their out of stock items on their websites for weeks.
    Yeah they even let you order these out of stock items. So you waste your time putting all your CC details, address etc and after 2-3 days you get an email saying so & so items in your order are not in stock . So why take an order in the first place ? right at the checkout say that you don't have it. Don't tell that 2-3 days after you have placed orders

Now they even ship them in batches , so you have to make multiple trips to the post office & waste your time . I ordered just 4 small items & they are shipping them as 2 separate orders , making me make 2 trips to the CP office in Shoppers Drug Mart where there is always a line up

15 mins to go there , 15 mins to come back & 20 mins to wait at the SDM Canada Post office to pick up my order. They always have just 1 over worked & exhausted clerk working there & tons of stupid customers asking silly questions about how to mail something or how much it costs etc. All this info is online, but they come umprepared at the post office.

They even borrow a pen and sit & write the address over there .
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ah true! I have tried it many times as well and now have given up! WM you are not for me

On side note: I always wonder what your name stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yeah they suck.

In my case its even worse they even let me place orders & the order goes through. It still shows in stock online or limited stock . And after 2-3 days I get an email saying a few items in your order are not in stock & if we don't get them in 28 days we will cancle your order . But they put a hold for that amount on your credit card for a month !

Why let the order go through or process it, if you don't have it in stock. Don't even take the order in the first place.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Even after placing your order, there is no gurantee you will get anything. This has happenned to me numerous times for items that are so called in stock . Automatic cancellation after placing your order & getting the dreaded email below is the norm with walmart.ca .

And they put a hold on your credit card for that amount anyways, showing as a pending purchase, so you can't even buy anything else.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear XXXX ,

We have an update on your recent Walmart.ca order # XXXXXX

We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed.
    We're working with our suppliers to get you these items as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we know when your order will be ready.
    Any items that are unavailable to be shipped in the next 28 days will be automatically cancelled from your order.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just came here from trying to shop at Walmart.ca. What a frustrating experience. Their website is so slow, and, as indicated above, the whole check-out experience is painful. I'm going back to Costco.

Thread Information