User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By raptor170
  • 2 Post By SassyAshley
  • 2 Post By raptor170
  • 1 Post By ROMEO
  • 1 Post By brunt

Thread: cancelling rogers when you have cable discount?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

was wondering if anyone has canceled rogers whenhaving a cable discount, i never agreed to a "contract" but did ask them to lower my bill about a year ago, dont know if when it says cable discount -2yr means my price is locked for that duration or if they just place you on a contract without you knowing :/ if anyone else has cancled while having discounts like this if they can give me some insight, if any early cancellation fees, etc. oi, just want out of all my rogers services :/
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus)
    ROMEO likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We got stuck in a contract with Rogers a few years ago, I was not cancelling cable all together I just wanted to remove a few extra packages we had to get the cost down as we could no longer afford our current package. They would not let me remove the packaged without a cancellation fee, it was going to be over $400 just to cancel one package which when I looked at it basically it was the cost of the package for the remaining term of my contract. In the end we ended up having to wait out our contract as we tried multiple times and the fees to cancel in the end were more then just riding out my contract.
    ROMEO and raptor170 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    We got stuck in a contract with Rogers a few years ago, I was not cancelling cable all together I just wanted to remove a few extra packages we had to get the cost down as we could no longer afford our current package. They would not let me remove the packaged without a cancellation fee, it was going to be over $400 just to cancel one package which when I looked at it basically it was the cost of the package for the remaining term of my contract. In the end we ended up having to wait out our contract as we tried multiple times and the fees to cancel in the end were more then just riding out my contract.
    Crap that's what I thought :/ thanks for sharing your experience, you saved me a few worthless calls to rogers. What a shady, sneaky company
    ROMEO and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by raptor170 View Post
    Crap that's what I thought :/ thanks for sharing your experience, you saved me a few worthless calls to rogers. What a shady, sneaky company
    Call retention they will help some . You new a cable box that runs on the internet
    raptor170 likes this.

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    Call retention they will help some . You new a cable box that runs on the internet
    Yup, the only power you have sometimes is to threaten to walk. These companies will state there is nothing that can be done as long as you comply. Thing is, such a stand works well for them since the overwhelming majority of people will just grumble and continue to pay.

Personally, we pulled the plug on cable/satellite about 13 years ago. You may want to consider giving it a shot. I was in the position where I was appalled at what was on the tube for$75+ per month and thought that it simply wasn't worth it.

Just having to see commercials on TV no makes me go bananas (my Mom has the TV on full time while she is up just for some noise). I do not miss it at all. Just buy your favourite series on DVD (we usually pay less than $10 per season).
    raptor170 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    Yup, the only power you have sometimes is to threaten to walk. These companies will state there is nothing that can be done as long as you comply. Thing is, such a stand works well for them since the overwhelming majority of people will just grumble and continue to pay.

Personally, we pulled the plug on cable/satellite about 13 years ago. You may want to consider giving it a shot. I was in the position where I was appalled at what was on the tube for$75+ per month and thought that it simply wasn't worth it.

Just having to see commercials on TV no makes me go bananas (my Mom has the TV on full time while she is up just for some noise). I do not miss it at all. Just buy your favourite series on DVD (we usually pay less than $10 per season).
    Think I might just walk, reading more into their cancellation and they can charge a maximum of $200 per service per year, I have exactly one year left and 3 services, so $600, but I can get unlimited internet elsewhere for around $60, where as I'm paying $200 per month for all my rogers crap. After 5 months or so I'll be ahead of the game anyways I've already ordered an android box and will run Netflix and also run kodi (xbmc) for all other programming will try to fight not to pay cancellation, they are removing a service that was originally set in place when I got on this 2 year deal with (rogers first rewards) may try to use that as bargaining chip as to why I'm leaving thanks everyone for the responses, greatly appreciated! Just tired of paying basically a car payment every month for entertainment

Thread Information