User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Guys, I've been lurking in the forum for about a month now, but this is my first post. I got interested in seriously couponing when a cashier at Taber WM told me he had someone buy $150 of stuff, but after coupons, he owed her 60 cents. Unfortunately, tonight he told me that he can no longer take internet printable coupons. Is this just in Taber, or have any of you experienced the same elsewhere?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hi TaberPhoton - I am also in Taber

Which cashier was it that told you no more printables? Did you confirm with anyone else? There is a male cashier there that I absolutely avoid, he doesn't understand how to read a coupon, or Walmart's policy, and always makes up rules as he goes. Most everyone else is wonderful, though, so it's not a big deal.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was a male cashier who if it is the same person, I would agree does not know how to read a coupon. However, ended up to my advantage the other day. Used the coupon for the free shredded cheese from old el paso taco kit box (with purchase of another kit). Decided to use the $6 off on a 380g package option, but he ended up giving me that package for free. May have to learn to use different cashiers for printed coupons. Problem is that sometimes he is the only person at the till later at night.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yes, I often find that he's the only one, too (red-headed youngish guy?). I have had a couple of issues with him, most notably when I tried to use my $5 off ANY icecream off a cereal box... he told me it "has to be" off General Mills icecream - they don't even make icecream under the GM label! So now I try to shop a bit earlier, when they have more cashiers still on.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've had some of them at the Walmart in north Lethbridge tell me the same thing, but I insisted that it was good, and she folded. I have no problem calling a manager or front end supervisor.
    Parents of teens understand why some animals eat their young!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Funny thing is, that cashier at Taber WM is the one who finally convinced me to start couponing in the first place. But, this isn't personal, just trying to save as much money as possible to provide for my family. If I need to shop cashiers, I can do that. Helps that I work in Lethbridge, so if I can't get something in Taber, I just wait until lunchbreak on a workday and get it then.

Alexa <3
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

I love the ns walmart! Customer service at both walmarts lacks knowledge of anything in my opinion but when I go to the ns walmart they Always have what I'm looking for and keep things so well stocked, south side always runs out and seems dirty and run down. Also love the ns shoppers, only been there twice now but both times wa a fantastic experience. No issues with coupons or scop and no arguements that make you feel ridicoulous for trying to save some money. It's funny how everyone likes different stores for different reasons.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to West side saveon foods today. They had Purina One Smartblend in the clearance for $4. I had 2.50 off coupons--sweet deal. Manager said they don't take coupons on clearance items--I swear sometimes people are just pulling this stuff out of their you know whats!!! But then had a wonderful expereince at safeway--couponing really does depend on who you get...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information