Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Mia001
  • 1 Post By JDI007
  • 3 Post By bdkmosher
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: PC Plus! Why am I always missing points after every grocery store visit!?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This happens to me every single time and I don't know why!
    I go to the grocery store, purchase PC items, scan my card, no points! come home, still no points on my account. It does say that I visited my grocery store but 0 points after every visit...wtheck is going on!?

Why must I email them after every single grocery store visit...this is very annoying :/ what's going on?

Does anyone else have this issue?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another question about the store The Box, they said that they don't do PC Points...which is false because I know they do.../ anyone else encounter any issues with this store/ and PC Points?

They told me only if I'm paying with a PC card is the only way I can get points.....well...that's not how it is at Fortinos.. :/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Are you buying items that you have PC Plus offers loaded on your card, or in-store yellow cared PC Plus offers? Last flyer had no points offers (3-day sale) and the one prior had two offers (on apple cider and fresh peas).

You don't get points on PC items unless there is a points offer for the item(s) (personal>must be loaded or you miss the pt offer/flyer/in-store).

The PC Plus program is separate from the PC Points program connected to PC Financial debit or credit card use (10 points per $1 spent in MOST grocery stores under the Loblaws brand).
    Angela273 and JDI007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

How do I earn points?To earn points, just load your offers to your PC Plus™ card online or through the PC Plus™ app, then show your card when you buy the qualifying items in-store. You’ll also get bonus offers, flyer offers and in-store offers to enjoy. Outside of the grocery store, you can now earn points on each purchase of fuel at participating Gas Bar, Refuel, at the pump or À Plein Gaz stations. The more offers you take advantage of, the more points you earn.
    https://www.pcplus.ca/loyalty_store_...equestid=92141

I don't see the Box come up as a PC Plus store location when I searched for locations in Hamilton. Or Stoney Creek.
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

you can go to their site and log, see the offers and download them on your card....then you get the points

the good, is that it's based on products you usually buy....
    +price matching with Walmart and getting points is ''que du bonheur'' ...a win win
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, Oct 15th, 2015 at 04:16 PM.
    torontogal12 and JDI007 like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Box is a no-frills brand grocery store. I have seen people pay with PCF cards they even have those PCFinancial banking flyers at the cash register.

/See I was told something completely different, the guy at the PCF pavilion told me to go online pcplus.ca, create an account and then I can use my PCF bank card and earn points on PC items. That's all he said, I don't need a points card, in fact when I went there last to request one he didn't give me one... what the eff..!! how can you say NO to your customer...... -___-

The first time I went to the grocery store (Fortinos) the transaction was on my pcplus account but no points, so I contacted them and they gave me my points right away...and now same thing is happening the transactions are ALL there...but at 0 points..
    So every single time I want my points I have to contact them.. -_-
    I don't load offers because none interest me and they're not the items I normally purchase/ also sometimes I forget, but it doesn't matter because I buy PC items which the bank guy said are eligible for points, he said all PC items are eligible for points..on the pcplus program, he said the pcplus IS the pc points program..

...guess I'll just have to contact them again for my points..I noticed on their website it says it can take 3-5 days..I'v waited and nothing :/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The PC Plus card number comes from a cashier or customer service. I did not know that PCF pavilions could hand out PC Plus cards.
    You've linked your PC Plus account to your PCF card account as well? One or two SCers have posted about issues in having their PC Plus offers not linking with their bank cards.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, A007

I may may be wrong, but I believe that if your purchases are made with a PC bank card ( which you mentioned you used), then the points on PC brand items may be shown on your bank statement. You would not see those points reflected on your receipt, nor on the app. It would take a few days before the transaction would be credited to your bank account statement. I don't have a PC bank card/bank account so I am not sure whether the points earned would be reflected somewhere on the statement. I do have a PCFMC and use it. I had a similar issue in regards to the credit for reusable bags. I assumed they would show on my receipt and did not. The "green PC points" +/- charge was listed but no points for the bags. A representative informed me that the points are credited to my PC financial credit card. When I get my statement I only see a total points earned for the statement period and not a breakdown of how the amount was accumulated. The rep went through the breakdown and in fact each visit was accounted for. My thought is that the bank card may work the same way with the exception that you get a bonus of being credited for PC brand items and the PCFMC does not. I only get 10 points for $ regardless of PC brand specific items.

A tad long- winded, sorry, but hopefully someone else can advise you if my thought is incorrect.
    Last edited by Anna P; Fri, Oct 16th, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I pay with cash, I just use my PCF bank card to get points, because I purchase PC brand items.(which the guy at the PCF Pavillion told me I could do, he said all PCF cards are able to collect points)
    But I'm glad your issue was resolved!

/did not know that cashier's offer PCPlus cards? they always just ask if I have a points card, they never even offered to give me one? :/ I don't know..it seems like everyone is experiencing different things and it's confusing.. :/
    Last edited by JDI007; Sat, Oct 17th, 2015 at 12:25 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You only earn points on your PCF bank card if you are using it to actually pay for your purchase. If you are paying with cash, not your PCF bank card, why would you think you earn points? In terms of the PC Plus card that is not a bank card (like I have, it is just a points card), you only earn points if you are buying a product that you have a personal offer for on your card, which you have to login and load to your card, or if you are buying a product that has an instore offer. You would get those points no matter what form of payment you used.
    Ciel, walkonby and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    I pay with cash, I just use my PCF bank card to get points, because I purchase PC brand items.(which the guy at the PCF Pavillion told me I could do, he said all PCF cards are able to collect points)
    But I'm glad your issue was resolved!

/did not know that cashier's offer PCPlus cards? they always just ask if I have a points card, they never even offered to give me one? :/ I don't know..it seems like everyone is experiencing different things and it's confusing.. :/
    When PC Plus card launched in Hamilton two years ago (got mine early Nov), I had to go to a cashier to get the card/cardholder and then had to activate the card online by creating an account. Otherwise the card could not be used to get offers for points.

What @Anna P told you about paying for your purchases with your PCF bank card is correct. You cannot pay cash then get points on the bank card. You have to use the bank card to pay for the groceries. Try it and see what happens (10 points per $1 spent on most items before taxes).

The Box is not showing in the list of stores giving PC Plus points:
    Any Canadian resident aged 14 and up can join. The PC Plus™ program is available in Atlantic Superstore, Dominion (Newfoundland and Labrador), Bloor Street Market, Extra Foods, Fortinos, Loblaws, Loblaws City Market, Loblaws Great Food, Maxi, Maxi & Cie, No Frills, Provigo, Provigo Le Marché, Real Canadian Superstore, Save Easy, Valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer, and Zehrs stores.
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Fortino's flyers have seemingly scared off points offers-current one does not have any! Thus, my envy of SCers who can shop at Loblaws or RCSS! Offers galore in those stores' flyers...
    JDI007 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Then the guy at the PCF Pavillion was wrong! he told me exactly this "you can use your PCFinancial BANK CARD to earn points on PC brand items, even if you DON'T use it to pay, you can pay in cash and still earn points on your bank card" those were his exact words, I even asked him again..if that's what I can do he said yes...so he's wrong! the guy at the Box store was right. ...but then why do they accept the bank card as a points card in Fortinos? :/

I do earn points on it even if I pay cash I just have to contact them every time..for them to add my points from my transactions....so it kind of works??

Also, can the PCPlus points card be used without loading offers, if you buy PC brand items instead? see I wanted to get this card! but the guy at the pavilion refused to give me one! he said as long as I have my bank card I don't need a PCPlus card grrrrrrrrrr
    so wtheck ...what if I ask the cashier for a PCPlus card and she tells me to go back to the PCF Pavilion -_- ...what a mess, those people at the pavilion are not very good at listening to their customers..

/I know it doesn't show up but Box is a No Frills brand store..so I think it's just part of No Frills.
    Last edited by JDI007; Sun, Oct 18th, 2015 at 01:14 AM.

Thread Information