User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jamesgeorge
  • 1 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By jamesgeorge
  • 1 Post By TrueNorthTreasures

Thread: Need to find a employment law firm.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    I put resignation from my company. I have worked there for 1 year, at the time of joining they told me, that first 6 months will be training period after that 6 months I will get promotion and salary hikes as a permanent employee. But it is long 1 year I have been here as a trainee and I am not getting any benefits in this duration like bonus, medical coverage, PF and so on. Can I take any legal actions against them? Somebody please suggest me some good employment law firms in Newmarket such as Monteith, Baker Johnston & Doodnauth. Thank you
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jamesgeorge; Wed, Oct 28th, 2015 at 03:22 AM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Do you have any of this in writing? If you have a contract that states these things then you may have a case. If you don't and it was a verbal agreement, you should probably save your time and money on lawyers because you probably won't get anywhere, unfortunately
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for the reply Chantel.
    Davetherave likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Generally speaking, a simple phone call to any law firm or single practitioner worth his/her salt can provide you with the kind of referral you are seeking. I would expect the law firm you specifically mentioned in your post could assist you.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Wed, Oct 28th, 2015 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    Davetherave likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear about your situation! However, as someone else has asked up thread...do you have all this in writing i.e. in some sort of contract that lays out all what you've just told us? If the answer is yes, then you might have a leg to stand on. Note that by resigning from the company, you won't be entitled to EI, as it's you that decided to pack your job in.

I know Newmarket is small, you might want to cast your net wider to say close to TO for a better / more established employment law firm.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgeorge View Post
    I put resignation from my company. I have worked there for 1 year, at the time of joining they told me, that first 6 months will be training period after that 6 months I will get promotion and salary hikes as a permanent employee. But it is long 1 year I have been here as a trainee and I am not getting any benefits in this duration like bonus, medical coverage, PF and so on. Can I take any legal actions against them? Somebody please suggest me some good employment law firms in Newmarket such as Monteith, Baker Johnston & Doodnauth. Thank you

Thread Information