User Tag List

Thread: Mechanic crooks

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi.. our car had a recall notice so we took it in to GM and had the worst service ever. WHat can we do about it? I'm pretty sure i'm going to try the BBB.. but what else is there? The owner of the place gave my husband so much attitude and when he called 2 hours after it was supposed to be done, the guy said they hadn't even looked at it... WE WERE THE FIRST APPOINTMENT OF THE DAY!.... we never want to buy GM again as this is the second shop we tried for the same manditory recall.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

that sucks. try contacting car help canada

http://www.carhelpcanada.com

they do a regular show on cp24 in toronto every sunday evening I think. they are the people to contact to get info on how to deal with manufacturers/dealers who rip you off. it's a very informative show.

there is an annual fee for being a member I think, but the website will tell you about what services they offer.

next time you want to buy a car use this website

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com

It's really great for knowing all about different makes and models, (used or new) recall histories on each model, ratings regarding different aspects of the vehicle's performance. and it's free! I found it extremely helpful when researching my most recent vehicle purchase. bought a camry, and even tho it's not the coolest or sexiest car, i'm really glad I got it. I wouldn't have even looked at a camry, if it hadn't been for the really useful info on the consumer website.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks soooo much... If my husband could fit in a Camry, i'm pretty sure we'd have looked at them cause of friends reccomendations.. BUt unfortunately he is basketball player tall...

I will most certainly be checking out those sites though.. can't tell you how grateful i am for the info!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You will get a letter in a week or so as a customer satisfaction survey, at least we always do.
    You also can call GM head office and complain.

Thread Information