User Tag List

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

After I got my legs wrapped I stopped at a store in Wingham. Found a whole load of towel and oven mitt sets. Most of them were new patterns to me. Had told hubby I wasn`t buying any more towels this year but he knows me so well. Said he`ll believe that when it happens. Wonder how I can sneak then into the house.

@ jasperandchar I hope the swelling is going down.
    @Natalka Any news on Taffy yet? I pray he returns soon.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

WOB; I work full time and it sucks to be stuck with the TOD, DH works at home and could easily do laundry during the day. We are really trying to stick to the cheap time. Today I pulled my drying rack out of the garage and put a load of towels on it. Even if it gets them 50% dry by 7pm it will help. Last year I took a red marker and marked the water line line on the wash and the dry time on the dryer as I was brutal for just going to the max and it was a waste of money. It really has made a difference and I don't need everything in long enough to dry the jeans.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I did tons of laundry yesterday and hung up tons of DS's shirts right on hangers (he complained that I was shrinking everything lol)
    I use to do this before but go out of the habit. Now that I am caught up I will put a load on during the week after 7 and hang what I can on hangers and the rest on my rack. And like lilo said even if it dries it 50 percent it will mean less time in the dryer. I'm back at it!
    My couch blankets and kids comforters I never put in the dryer. They seem to dry quickly once hung outside if nice or on the laudryroom door.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I really feel for you folks in Ontario having to watch the clock regarding the cheapest time to do your chores-what a pain! I guess I should be thankful we don't have that in Alberta at this time. I am home much of the day and think nothing of baking a batch of muffins or throwing a load of wash on as the mood strikes. I grew up in Ontario, but clearly I would be in for a wakeup call if I moved back.

DH came home from work and he told me the springs alone for the garage door were $295 so definitely not looking forward to that bill-thank goodness for savings. On the other hand I was talking to my sister in the US last night who is going through a contentious divorce and she said her lawyer billed her $6600 in just one month-which I am thinking is likely more than my sisters take home pay per month. She got a new lawyer who told her to let the old one come after her for the $ as there is no way he had done that much for her in one month and let him prove it. Good grief! End of rant.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Watching... need to get back into my frugal ways! I quit couponing about a year ago due to some personal issues and I find I'm just BROKE all the time now Paying full price for things has got to stop.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Crochetlady - no, no Taffy yet - and it's been rainy these last few days

I keep dreaming she comes back, but when I wake up, the nightmare is back and she's not here.
    We've had her over 10 years, can't even think of letting go.

Vader is sad, she wants her mom! She's totally not acting like herself.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Crochetlady - no, no Taffy yet - and it's been rainy these last few days

I keep dreaming she comes back, but when I wake up, the nightmare is back and she's not here.
    We've had her over 10 years, can't even think of letting go.

Vader is sad, she wants her mom! She's totally not acting like herself.
    oh Natalka I feel so badly for you and your family and Vader, she must be missing her mom so much. hugs
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Watching... need to get back into my frugal ways! I quit couponing about a year ago due to some personal issues and I find I'm just BROKE all the time now Paying full price for things has got to stop.

Welcome back - wishing you great success in your frugal ways.

I don't really coupon anymore either just because we have changed what we purchase in the last year or so and not too many coupons are available for the items we do purchase frequently. I find our biggest savings is stocking up on meats when the sales are great and looking up new recipes on Pinterest so we don't get sick of eating pork, chicken etc more than once a week.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I hope Melitta Arabica coffee is good because with the Uniprix sale and everyone having sample source coupons that the 2 left I got....I hate the new policie of maxi et cie no pm of the pharmacy....or when everyone run of the deal.......still one coupon to use ,....hope they will restock before the sale end wednesday......please please lol

I usually drink Colombian coffee

I paid 1,99 after coupon for a little container
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi : Whiskas cat dry food 7,49$ minus b1g1 coupon from insert=3,75$ per bag!!!
    Bought 4 bags for the moment,thanks to YOU AND ME for the roak@!!!!!!

Thats was my today deals !!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good night everyone!!!!

NATALKA:hoping and praying for you that TAFFY will come back very soon to your home

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My boyfriend and I are doing "no-spend November" together. Obviously we are still allowed to buy food and household items like toilet paper. I was low on tea so I bought some from the grocery store ($3.99) and used a $1 coupon ($2.99) and uploaded that receipt to checkout 51 to get $1.50 back, which then put me over the $20 hurdle so I requested a check. Woot. Feeling very frugal today.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dull, dreary, and cold, so I'll just pretend it's sunny!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning, so sad to hear Taffy isn't home yet Natalka.
    Well my son's 18th birthday celebrations are done but it was a busy weekend, I ended up with about 15 kids here at 2 am on Sunday morning, I drove them to all the bars they wanted to go to and they ended back up here and talked and laughed the night away. My car holds 6 people so I did alot of trips!! I am still tired today!!!
    My husband's birthday is tomorrow so I am off to get a couple of sweaters that he wants and will pick up some groceries, I work at 3 so another busy day. My son in law has a birthday next week and my daughter in two weeks so November is crazy around her and not very frugal. My son in law is a Neufie so he has requested I try my hand at Jiggs dinner so wish me luck!!
    Foggy, cold and dismal today, I guess winter is here!!
    Enjoy the day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have the same weather here as TG and Natalka-suddenly I am not so anxious to get out for my daily walk! We had a scare yesterday-my husbands sister in law in the US suddenly could not breathe and called her husband and 911-long story short the paramedics got her to the local hospital where they paralyzed and intubated her and life flighted her to a bigger hospital as nobody had a clue what was going on-she had just had a cold. DH just called his brother this morning for an update and he said it was very touch and go yesterday and she is still on the ventilator but now they have woken her up and she can write notes. They have finally figured out she had viral laryngitis and her vocal cords swelled to the point she could not get enough air in. I was shocked to think something so seemingly minor could become life threatening so quickly. I guess it is extremely rare. Anyway they are giving steroids and waiting for the swelling to go down before they attempt to extubate her-scary stuff and thank goodness she called her hubby and 911 so fast. DH's brother says she is not completely out of the woods yet but they are optimistic that she will be okay.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information