User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Crochetlady for the mouse try pushing in a piece of popcorn kernel and put peanut butter on it. Yes it sound weird I know but works we caught over 20 at work this way and 2 at home. The peanut butter attacks them and then when they try to pull out the popcorn kernel it snaps on them, even works on the tiny babies which are usually too lite to set off the trap.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well Monday is here and am feeling a lot better then last week.

I am happy with what I managed to get done around the house this weekend as always would prefer to be a little further ahead but hey I am only one person. Yesterday I managed to clean the kitchen and keep it clean, start to clean up the couch and around it in the living room (not quite done but a good start). As well I made Apple Fritter Muffins (Mom mentioned nothing to take with lunches and would just grab a muffin at Tim's) as well I made some Lemon Cream tarts to use up some lemon pie filling we had in the fridge. As well over the weekend I made a Sheppard Pie on Saturday using a mushroom gravy to give it more flavour since I did not have any gravy left from the roast. Last night I made Baked Gnocchi Chicken Alfredo which was a new recipe and got great reviews and Mom said I could made again anytime.

I will continue to try to slowly clean up the living room this week after work, Mom is closing almost every night this week so I have the house to myself after work. We have decided there is no way we will get the main floor and the basement done before Christmas so we are just going to work on the main floor and see how far we can get, I am hoping to have it done for Christmas as it would be nice to have a livable workable space for once.

I also talked to Mom yesterday about things around the house. When she is working she gets very little done around the house but I am starting to see the old pattern of her getting nothing done and then on the weekend I have to get it all done. I mentioned nicely as possible this will need to change when I start travelling I cannot be gone all week and come home on a weekend and have the spend my whole weekend cleaning the house. It should not be on me to keep the house clean when at times I will not be there for periods of time which she agreed with. Don't get me wrong I am not saying I do not have to clean but it cannot all be left for me when I get home.

Well off to see what today brings, work is so insane right now going into year end. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Hope to get some stuff done this week since yesterday was a write off. Same with tonight since DS will be jamming so I won't be doing laundry tonight at all. Think it will be a relaxing dinner with my honey and cuddle/chat night. Feels like we were on the go all weekend and haven't had anytime to connect. Tomorrow night we are putting up the tree so hope to get into the Christmas spirit. Maybe then I will finish shopping on the weekend and wrapping too! That is my plan.
    Crochetlady and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Natalka -considering the snow you had in SK recently, Taffy's fur put her in good stead. Thought you might have to send your other cat in a carrier to entice Taffy out but the net worked! Glad the escapee is back home. Vader-yes, there could be some issue.
    @cath007 I will send you links I found online.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka so happy that your sweet Taffy is home & now safe
    @Crochetlady I hate mice they are dirty little creatures that ruin so many things, fingers crossed he gets caught soon
    @cath007 free food is awesome, great job
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home at lunch to snuggle my pooch. She is starting to stress herself out when I leave. Poor girl. I also grabbed a few pieces of fudge that I shouldn't have made last night!!
    Natalka, Crochetlady and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Where or where did the day go????

My arm is feeling much better I can now vacuuming with caution which is what I spent most of the morning doing downstairs in prep for spraying the lower level for fleas.

Tomorrow I will move everything from under the stairs and spray there as well hope to get the guys tonight to empty what is supposed to the powder room which of course is full of junk as that area needs to be sprayed as well.

Christmas gifts that I have so far are all wrapped and sitting on the kitchen table until the tree goes up this coming weekend. I normally decorate after Rememberance day but because of my arm and fleas it's been put on the back burner, I will admit I miss the decorations but what can you do!!!

The order I place on November 9th from the US has finally entered Canada customs in Montreal....fingers crossed....I don't get nailed with duty as this darn parcel has already costed me a bundle with the exchange rate, shipping costs, etc.

Well off to decide what to do with the pork chops, something new or same old same old.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon & evening.

Oh going to go start the December thread before I forget again
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @Sweetsparrow The price of gold has doubled in the last decade so you would probably never get it at the old price anyway.
    I'd never think that I could get it for the original price from ten years ago, but it was the low dollar that I was sad about. If only I thought to buy it last year or the year before!

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Sorry to hear about your grandpa! My mum had that problem. They advised her to be very careful when standing up. Hold on to something if possible. Unfortunately, she passed away from a head trauma caused by a fall.
    I'm sorry to hear about your mum. My dad is like that too and is in his mid-eighties. He fell off the top rung of a ladder onto the concrete pavement below and refused to go to the hospital after hitting his head. He was checked by the paramedics and took pain killers for his sore back, but that was all. The only thing we could get him to agree to was not to climb any more ladders alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    DH is coming along as I find doing a big shop with tiny carts so annoying.
    I think Shoppers should provide bungee cords to rope their carts together. Any more than three packages of paper towels and it gets full!
    @Natalka : I'm SO happy you have Taffy back! I was a wreck when my cat was missing and she wasn't gone half this long!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I had a woman applaud me lugging Josie in her car seat while navigating my overloaded small cart. She said I must have lost five pounds doing my redemption. Loathe those carts.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all!
    Well, just a little update now that Taffy cat has been home for a day - it's amazing the difference a day makes! She's much stronger, you can see the difference - yesterday she was so weak, she could barely hold up her head and walking was difficult. Today, the improvement is obvious, she's stronger. It was like having a newborn at home today - all she wanted was to be on my chest, snuggling!
    It's just so wonderful having her at home; I'm sure it will get better for her every day!

btw, Vader hasn't quite come around yet - though they got within inches of one another once today without hissing or howling, lol!
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yay, Nat! So glad to hear it!!!

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread Information