User Tag List

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have icy, snowy roads here today too. Slowly drove over to my friends house to watch her little girl for a couple of hours. Then did a load of laundry. DH has gone off to do playground supervision-he put his extra traction gripper things on the bottom of his boots as it is icy under the snow. I think I will be using a pair on my boots or shoes too for future walks as people are not always quick to clear their sidewalks here. Prepping cabbage roll casserole for dinner and then will be heading over to the high school to give out the last(hopefully) of the band/choir uniforms.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey prepped the snowblower on Monday so I am sure we are in for it soon! He put up the Christmas lights too. Guess I should move my pumpkins off my porch and get ready for it. The town put up markers so the sidewalk and street plow don't ruin our grass. Last year it snowed and then melted and a town worker was fixing my grass that he hit with plow and was all sorry, telling me his boss told him to get up there and fix it lol. I wasn't even worried about it lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I had mailed in photocopies of my ID and CRA Notice of Assessment (might need to do both sides) with my free credit report request to TransUnion near the start of the year. When I got my report, I noticed something relatively minor. There's a 30-day timeframe to notify TU of any discrepancies. I was able to see when one bank did look at my account (on my free report-it seemed to correspond with their credit card mailings) but did not see any mention of my current bank looking at my account. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to paying for the full report. The local TU office is on Harvester Rd in Burlington near an employment resource centre I sometimes attend.
    My understanding is the credit report is free but the credit score is a fee. On TransUnion I could not see a place to pay for the credit score, HOWEVER, the address they have on file is 20 years old which is very concerning because obviously they are not current which is extremely disheartening. Who knows what else is out of date????

How can a they have my address from 20 years ago as my current address in Quebec and I've lived in Ontario since 1998???

Anyone else have such a problem?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@YOU AND ME glad you have some water
    @coupon girl how discouraging
    @sweet sparrow awesome deal on the PS4
    @thriftygranny now the freezers are full, lucky ducky

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    My understanding is the credit report is free but the credit score is a fee. On TransUnion I could not see a place to pay for the credit score, HOWEVER, the address they have on file is 20 years old which is very concerning because obviously they are not current which is extremely disheartening. Who knows what else is out of date????

How can a they have my address from 20 years ago as my current address in Quebec and I've lived in Ontario since 1998???

Anyone else have such a problem?
    What is the website? Transunion.ca? I will go check mine. Did you get the actual report? and it was free? I did it years ago but paid and it was the other company I believe.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went and took a look but I don't see where the free report is. Of course the one to sign up to pay $16.95 monthly is in plain view.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

https://transunion.ca/ca/personal/co...tactus_en.page

Not sure why this site seems to be focussing on monthly monitoring and not showing clearly where to get a one-time report...
    @jasperandchar -think someone has goofed on your address. Wonder if its the Equifax crew, based in Montreal, thinking everyone is in Quebec even if the street address might not exist in Quebec.

http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/home/en_ca
    @coupongirl - I've seen some 30% off stickers on bakery items that were reduced. Some changes in the locations of where clearance items are found have occurred too at the Ancaster store. Have to see if the expanded seating area and noodle bar are close to being ready for business.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sask & AB must have had the same storm system that hit Denver CO and other cities then. Snow and winds-Texas got tornadoes.

Christmas lights have been popping up on homes and municipal medians this week. Hamilton Santa Claus Parade will be on Saturday in the downtown area.

Found 2 more Monopoly stickers that are duplicates on one of three cups spotted today.
    @Sweets parrow -last night, I had Eggo waffles with jam, chicken noodle soup (Liptons and added lots of dried basil to it), a tin of flavoured tuna and three servings of Jello chocolate pudding, with a late-night mug of tea. I have a partial cold and it's lingering like a sinus headache that won't go away. Tonight I'll cook pasta and have some garlic and chili flakes to see if there is some relief.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH is away this week for work. Even with older boys its still tiring. I am used to him being here and most days he starts dinner as he works at home, I do the panning part as he looks in the fringe/freezer and sees stuff. I see meals. the good thing is that it forces me out of the office at a decent time. I am often delaying dinner as they are waiting for me or I tell them to eat without me. That has to stop. I don't get paid to stay in the office late so why do I do it. Then add in a train ride home and its crazy. Thursday I m going to be a rebel and stay home to take my son in later as he has a late start for school and it may be close to 11 before I get in to the office.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    YOU AND ME, I can't imagine 4 days without water! Be careful because you might have a bug picked up from something to do with the water.
    DH and I are wrestling with whether or not to cancel our trip. We both have issues going on and have given ourselves a deadline of Saturday to make up our minds.

I have been trying to peck away at getting a bit of Christmas decorating done. At the very end of Michael's clearance last year I picked up 3 poinsettias that had been reduced 90% to $5. They are proving to be very useful in giving our house a festive feel.

DH has a pork roast in and it smells great. I made some home-made Apple sauce last week from a big bag of golden delicious that were on clearance (and they WERE delicious if a bit soft.) We will have potatoes and peas. Yummy! No gluten, no dairy, no eggs, no processed sugar. Perfect!

Got to run. Sorry to hear about all the snow. Hate to rub it in, but we slept with the window and the patio door open last night. BUT change is on the way. Reminds me to unearth my REAL winter coat. Also I need some new boots. (Does it ever end?)
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What is the website? Transunion.ca? I will go check mine. Did you get the actual report? and it was free? I did it years ago but paid and it was the other company I believe.
    Here it is the credit report is free, you can do an automated request and that is where with TransUnion it asked to confirm my address and it's my address from 20 years ago so I was denied the automated request which would be mailed BUT instead had to follow link #2.

here's the phone # link request
    https://www.transunion.ca/ca/persona...yphone_en.page

here's the link to what is needed to confirm your identity and what to send as proof.
    https://www.transunion.ca/ca/persona...e/mail_en.page

Here's the other credit bureau - the credit report is free BUT your credit score is $11.95 I believe
    http://www.equifax.com/home/en_us

hope that helps but ridiculous to say that they are giving credit information to banks, credit card companies, loans, etc and that my information is 20 years out of date. So obviously my credit history for the last 20 years is not showing with transunion.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Nov 18th, 2015 at 05:35 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @jasperandchar -think someone has goofed on your address. Wonder if its the Equifax crew, based in Montreal, thinking everyone is in Quebec even if the street address might not exist in Quebec.

http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/home/en_ca
    @Ciel it was TransUnion who is based in Hamilton if memory serves me right that has my address 20 years out of day. I just hope that 20 years of building and maintaining credit is showing and valid!!!!

I tried to cancel my WM card and that is who told me to call TransUnion which by doing the automated request was aw struck that my address was 20 years out of date and who knows what else.

I spoke with PC financial on anther matter and they said to call Equifax as there is something terribly wrong, which has sent me into a panic. Apparently my financial situation is quite grave????

So now I wait approx. 3 week (1 to receive request and up to 2 weeks to mail out) how nerve racking.

We were going to renew our mortgage in late January as I spoke with the bank that does our mortgage and rates will be going up quite a bit in February as the US will be raising their interest rate so is the word through my bank (shrug).

Now with all this mess who knows what the problems are with Equifax and TransUnion I am a sitting duck....so to speak

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So Sunday night I asked dh to take me to emerg as my incision completely let go and a hole the size of ping pong was there....eek.

They took a swap to send away results won't be back until Friday as I was told 2 day and called the hospital who said Friday at the earliest....sigh.

The wound looks iffy so may be infected but unsure and no treatment until the results come back.

Apparently the incision should never have been stitched as it needs to drain.

I was told to go see my family doc on Monday (yesterday) which I did they cleaned the incision and applied new bandages.

I started home care today they will be coming everyday until the wound closes or the situation (progress) etc. Christmas or later

I cannot lift anything so the guys are my Molly the maids which is not great as I want things done the way I want them done and you can only give instructions but may not get the same results BUT things are getting done.

So sh*t is getting done around here but not much progress on all counts.

Thanks for listening and if anyone call TransUnion or Equifax and there information is out of date I wouldn't mind knowing that I am not alone EVENTHOUGH it's not something I wish on anyone.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Nov 18th, 2015 at 05:57 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your credit issues and your arm not healing J and C-but glad you can still type! Hope these issues resolve soon.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Sorry to hear about your credit issues and your arm not healing J and C-but glad you can still type! Hope these issues resolve soon.
    I'm now a pecker....a finger pecker (haha) got to make a few jokes as things are not too funny these days BUT things can always be worse or someone is worse of than me...so trying to take things as they come and patience with the guys doing stuff I can't get too b*tchy or they'll go on strike and it's only day 2.

Thanks @lizzie bargain

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information