User Tag List

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hubby and I just got hair cuts this morning -gave my hairdresser the lovely basket and a 10.00 tim hortons gift card-she loved it

-raked a few more leaves and hung my clothing out -oh yeah lovely day here in Ontario
    -just made homemade meatballs, and 10 hamburgers-meat was on sale this week at fortinos
    -posted 3 more things on kijiji -maybe have a potential buyer 10.00 for me if it goes thru

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Awesome job on the homemade meatballs and patties! Isn't it great to know what is in your food and if you freeze it nice to pull out when needed?

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -hubby and I just got hair cuts this morning -gave my hairdresser the lovely basket and a 10.00 tim hortons gift card-she loved it

-raked a few more leaves and hung my clothing out -oh yeah lovely day here in Ontario
    -just made homemade meatballs, and 10 hamburgers-meat was on sale this week at fortinos
    -posted 3 more things on kijiji -maybe have a potential buyer 10.00 for me if it goes thru

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yeah it's Thursday and I am off tomorrow!!! (and Monday too so a 4 day weekend) SO excited lol. Think tomorrow will be a girly day. Going to try and book a massage, get my brows and nails done Will work my butt off tonight cleaning the house and getting all the laundry done and put away. Saturday we are going to Barrie to watch family in a tournament so will pop into Costco (and anywhere else I think I need to go to take a look with Christmas shopping in mind) Still have about $125 in Costco Gift Cards from my phone upgrade so will be some free shopping Then back to Barrie on Sunday to head down to Toronto with my sister to watch my sons band compete in round 2 of the Battle of the bands
    Good luck to your son and his band! Sounds like a neat weekend ahead!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Sweets parrow - Oh, I'm sorry to hear that supper did not stay with you. I only got slight headache/cold relief from having some garlic (sauteed a bit in olive oil) with chili flakes and some leftover spaghetti sauce last night. This morning I was awake from 4am to about 6am. The pouring rain did not make the headache go away so I put 400mg of ibuprofen to use and got some relief. My tonsils seem to have calmed down but one in particular flares up each day. Maybe it's time for wasabi-coated peas and air popped corn for me... I've noticed that I cannot be in a room when one dehumidifier is on-my throat seems like sandpaper when I notice the heated plastic airstream from the unit.

@jasperandchar -I don't know why the TransUnion office in Burlington (Hamilton location closed two years ago) is still using a Hamilton postal address for mail. But a 20 year old out of date address is a matter to definitely take up with the credit reporting agency. The timeline to wait seems in line with what I had (for sending in my request for the free report and also mailing my changes to the agency) experienced.
    UPDATE:

I called TransUnion today and got to speak to a live person which was nice. I confirmed the address again and the mailing address is in Hamilton. She took my change of address over the phone, told me that I still need to resend the same documents requesting a change of address which I don't understand since I just sent them out on Monday requesting my credit report. The lady said that requesting a report and proof of current address doesn't change the actual address. Which I don't understand.

AND since I failed to identify myself over the phone a credit alert was sent to my address which is 20 years old...sigh....

So I now wait for the credit report to arrive and I will get dh to fax the documents to TransUnion to update address tomorrow....eek

Talk about ass backwards
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So they are mailing something to you at your old address?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

yes as stupid as it sounds, they are sending a warning to me at my address 20 years ago saying that someone tried to access my file....duh

This is automatically done 2 days after you fail to identify yourself and are denied access over the phone.

I found this out by searching online today and that is what made me call today as I don't want stuff sent to my old address that contains personal information.

Let's hope the person returns to sender.

You think you are making head way and then it's 2 steps backwards.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Nov 19th, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So i fill out the form to recuperate my email and giiven max of infos and it did not work.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My facebook have problems too, I cannot see who is online.....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@cath007 sorry to hear about all the computer problems, it's extremely frustrating, hope it gets resolved shortly and get access to your emails, etc.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Friday is finally here, Yippee. So ready for this week to be over But the good news is I am finally sleeping, not as well as I would like but I getting more sleep and it is making a huge difference in how I feel.

The crochet projects keep piling up my Mom took I think 3 more orders for me yesterday. We will see what I can get done this weekend, my elephant currently has a body, a head, legs and arms, just need to do the ears, nose and tail and put it all together. Pretty sure my issues the other night was because I was tired. So I am really hoping to knock out a lot this weekend to get myself in a better place for Christmas. I know a few people have told me they can wait but I hate these things hanging over my head especially when we are still working out the details of my new job and how often I might be away.

See a few things on sale I want to pick up but finding it hard to find the time to shop, we have so much going on. I am so counting down to Shut Down, I have a feeling I am going to have to do some work but at least I can do that from home and there is something about being able to do your work in sweats with a hot cup of tea that makes it feel different.

Well better get back to work and see what today will bring. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley take your time, you don't want to have a relapse with your sickness

Hope all those that are feeling under the weather start to see some relief soon

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Sweet Sparrow-just a suggestion but have you seen your doctor in case you have developed a secondary infection on top of your cold? It sounds like you have been sick for awhile. I remember once it seemed I was coughing for months on end everytime I tried to speak and I had no idea what was wrong-eventually it turned out I had a sinus infection with a discharge irritating the back of my throat and once I got on the right anitbiotic the cough was completely gone. I know it can be very frustrating to figure out why certain symptoms persist. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
    @lizzie bargain : That does sound like a good idea. I feel like this is my third cold as I've felt getting better at least twice through this process. I do have a sinus issue and it may be time to pay the doctor's a visit. Thank you for the suggestion. Right now, I'm having some ginger tea. Mmmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I called TransUnion today and got to speak to a live person which was nice. I confirmed the address again and the mailing address is in Hamilton. She took my change of address over the phone, told me that I still need to resend the same documents requesting a change of address which I don't understand since I just sent them out on Monday requesting my credit report. The lady said that requesting a report and proof of current address doesn't change the actual address. Which I don't understand.

AND since I failed to identify myself over the phone a credit alert was sent to my address which is 20 years old...sigh....

So I now wait for the credit report to arrive and I will get dh to fax the documents to TransUnion to update address tomorrow....eek
    I think I encountered a similar hassle when I tried to update my address and gave up, thinking there is no way it should be this hard just to correct an address, much less a serious issue!

To be honest, I'm considering getting a fourth credit card for US transactions so I can do it without the exchange fee. I'd be using it once in a blue moon for larger priced items as we have purchased things in the past like tires, jewelry, etc. I already have three: one for gas, one for groceries, one for other. The gas and groceries used to be one, but then I applied to PC for the 3% cashback.

The only thing I need my credit history for in the near future is to maintain my home/car insurance rates.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My goal next year is to be able to apply for a credit card-not sure if I want cash back, something to build travel credit with or perks. For points, the PC Financial banking card would be lovely but am reluctant to have a third bank card unless there is some banking offer that makes sense to me. Already bank with CIBC, so am familiar with their service charges. @jasperandchar -I am willing that your mailed in documents will satisfy the address question-yes, this should be a matter that a credit agency should be able to do on the phone. Makes me wonder what third-party info agency relies upon if not via the cardholder themselves? The agency used to have an office in the same building with a piano business, across from the McMaster Urgent Care Centre at Main St. W. and Macklin St. S. Their Burlington office is in a low-rise office building on Harvester Rd now. Again, the mailing address ought to have changed to but it would not surprise me if there was some $$$ consideration to just keep it so as not to have reprint forms/envelopes/send notices to advise of a change...
    @SassyAshley -how about asking Mom to only take orders for winter 2016 at this point? Give yourself time to get your gifts and Xmas orders done, since work is adding to your stress. Agree with you about better "flow" at home when comfortable and have tea at hand! Besides, if you do have a spare day or two with no orders for Xmas, you can make things for your Etsy shop instead. Sleep is so important!

Today's deal find-on a Rexall clearance rolling rack: 3M Magic Transparent 3-roll pk of tape (was over $4) for $1.26! Bought one unit. Suggest you scope your local Rexall for it, since you want to have enough on hand for crafts/gifts/temporary seam failures on garments (yes, it works!). Also saw Fisher-Price baby care items, which used to be over $7, now $4.76 each (foaming bath, 2n1 shampoo/cond?, moisturising lotion). Had to buy the $2.49 6pk of pop-deal! Wanted the 99 cent 2L pop but it is an Air Miles member offer (because the pop rang up at $3.26 and I declined it).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well ladies guess where I was today -went for a ride in an ambulance to the hospital at 6.00 a.m -thought I was having a heart attack
    -soo hours later after x rays ,ekg, blood work it was not heart related -I got woke up with pain and tightning and because of family history and I have high blood pressure told hubby to call 911
    -came home at 12.00 noon -doctor said it could be anything -sounds like heartburn or anxiety cause it was central located -but glad I went as you never know
    -but then he said couldn't be anxiety cause I woke up with it -last night had classico sauce for the first time with pasta and homemade meatballs -ahhh who knows so glad it wasn't heart related
    -called my son when we got home as he is off today and he said why didn't you call me earlier mom or dad could have -well we didn't want to worry our grown kids -nice to know he cares -ahhhhh
    -so ladies haven't done much this afternoon just talked to a old co-worker for 1 hour and a half -haven't seen her in years
    -so doing nothing today but relaxing was just sitting doing my puzzle

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    My goal next year is to be able to apply for a credit card-not sure if I want cash back, something to build travel credit with or perks. For points, the PC Financial banking card would be lovely but am reluctant to have a third bank card unless there is some banking offer that makes sense to me. Already bank with CIBC, so am familiar with their service charges. @jasperandchar -I am willing that your mailed in documents will satisfy the address question-yes, this should be a matter that a credit agency should be able to do on the phone. Makes me wonder what third-party info agency relies upon if not via the cardholder themselves? The agency used to have an office in the same building with a piano business, across from the McMaster Urgent Care Centre at Main St. W. and Macklin St. S. Their Burlington office is in a low-rise office building on Harvester Rd now. Again, the mailing address ought to have changed to but it would not surprise me if there was some $$$ consideration to just keep it so as not to have reprint forms/envelopes/send notices to advise of a change...
    @SassyAshley -how about asking Mom to only take orders for winter 2016 at this point? Give yourself time to get your gifts and Xmas orders done, since work is adding to your stress. Agree with you about better "flow" at home when comfortable and have tea at hand! Besides, if you do have a spare day or two with no orders for Xmas, you can make things for your Etsy shop instead. Sleep is so important!

Today's deal find-on a Rexall clearance rolling rack: 3M Magic Transparent 3-roll pk of tape (was over $4) for $1.26! Bought one unit. Suggest you scope your local Rexall for it, since you want to have enough on hand for crafts/gifts/temporary seam failures on garments (yes, it works!). Also saw Fisher-Price baby care items, which used to be over $7, now $4.76 each (foaming bath, 2n1 shampoo/cond?, moisturising lotion). Had to buy the $2.49 6pk of pop-deal! Wanted the 99 cent 2L pop but it is an Air Miles member offer (because the pop rang up at $3.26 and I declined it).
    I was told that the Burlington office is a walk in service center and the Hamilton address is for mailing purposes???? who knows

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information