User Tag List

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well ladies guess where I was today -went for a ride in an ambulance to the hospital at 6.00 a.m -thought I was having a heart attack
    -soo hours later after x rays ,ekg, blood work it was not heart related -I got woke up with pain and tightning and because of family history and I have high blood pressure told hubby to call 911
    -came home at 12.00 noon -doctor said it could be anything -sounds like heartburn or anxiety cause it was central located -but glad I went as you never know
    -but then he said couldn't be anxiety cause I woke up with it -last night had classico sauce for the first time with pasta and homemade meatballs -ahhh who knows so glad it wasn't heart related
    -called my son when we got home as he is off today and he said why didn't you call me earlier mom or dad could have -well we didn't want to worry our grown kids -nice to know he cares -ahhhhh
    -so ladies haven't done much this afternoon just talked to a old co-worker for 1 hour and a half -haven't seen her in years
    -so doing nothing today but relaxing was just sitting doing my puzzle
    take it easy and take care of yourself
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Steak and rice for supper (not frugal) but a nice treat.

No plans for the weekend other than the guys cleaning the upstairs.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better coupon girl

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I was told that the Burlington office is a walk in service center and the Hamilton address is for mailing purposes???? who knows
    Yes, you are right on both! I wanted to put in a request in-person for my full report but had not copied my ID. Office does not have a pay copier so that plan went out the window.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupongirl -that puzzle task sounds just about right for you today. You've been really busy and maybe your body wants a rest. Have to ask, are you feeling any nerve pain down an arm or back? When I pinched or stressed a nerve a few years ago, I woke up one spring morning thinking I might have had a stroke-the pain felt like something pressing down one arm and across chest and could not hold it up (too painful). Consider that something you did recently or over recent time might have triggered your scare today.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Steak and rice for supper (not frugal) but a nice treat.

No plans for the weekend other than the guys cleaning the upstairs.
    Yes to treats! My supper will involve crackers-soup or maybe tuna-as I bought Wheat Thins, Vegetable Thins and Swiss Cheese (had a $1 off coupon on pkg as expiry date is next week) on sale at Rexall. Want to make curried lentil stew for the weekend. Weather needs some sturdy food.

Went to Plato's Closet to check tops-too casual. Have to figure out some dress shirts soon.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well ladies guess where I was today -went for a ride in an ambulance to the hospital at 6.00 a.m -thought I was having a heart attack
    -soo hours later after x rays ,ekg, blood work it was not heart related -I got woke up with pain and tightning and because of family history and I have high blood pressure told hubby to call 911
    -came home at 12.00 noon -doctor said it could be anything -sounds like heartburn or anxiety cause it was central located -but glad I went as you never know
    -but then he said couldn't be anxiety cause I woke up with it -last night had classico sauce for the first time with pasta and homemade meatballs -ahhh who knows so glad it wasn't heart related
    -called my son when we got home as he is off today and he said why didn't you call me earlier mom or dad could have -well we didn't want to worry our grown kids -nice to know he cares -ahhhhh
    -so ladies haven't done much this afternoon just talked to a old co-worker for 1 hour and a half -haven't seen her in years
    -so doing nothing today but relaxing was just sitting doing my puzzle
    Oh, my - I sure hope you are feeling better and stay that way! Big hugs for you!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi -thank you ladies all for the well wishes -no ciel did not have any arm pain up or down or across my arms or back -my dad had a heart attack then stroke so I know the signs -mom had 3 heart attacks -I even chewed 2 low dose aspirin before the ambulance gentlemen got here (seen that on t.v and read it in the booklet I got heart and stroke)
    -I am not stressed -I am not working and I only watch ashlyn about 6-7 times a month now and its spread out
    -my hubby said I think about my parents heart history too much -maybe I do

-anyway supper tonight was scrambled eggs ,peameal bacon and juice -something easy
    -gonna go back to my bird puzzle -its set in the tropics so very colourfull

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a great weekend

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-glad you are okay and you absolutely did the right thing dialling 911 and getting checked out!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So glad to hear you`re ok CG. Take good care of yourself.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Been up since 2 am, woke up around 2 which is normal for me right now even with the pills but good news is I normally fall back asleep. I heard Mom in the bathroom but thought nothing of this, this is about the time she normally goes to bed. Then I hear my door open and Mom telling me not to worry but she needs to be taken to the hospital. She had a sharp pain in her head, was dizzy, nauseous and having trouble breathing. Other then the head I thought she was having a panic attack but since we were unsure off we went.

By the time we got the hospital checked in and the first few tests done she was starting to feel better, she wasn't nauseous and her breathing was much better and the pain in her head had was getting better. They did some test and nothing alarmed them they gave her some meds to help with the pain and since they worked she has been sent home. I just put her bed but I am way too awake to sleep so I will get my day started but maybe take a nap later.

My plan for today is mostly to crochet to try to get a few of these projects done to get me in a better place for Christmas plus the girls at worked helped me come up with a few more people I have nothing to give. We will see what I can get done today and go from there.

Have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-glad your Mum is okay! We SCers seem to have had more than our fair share of health issues amongst ourselves and family members of late! I was up early too-have some muffins in the oven and waiting until DH awakens before I go take my bath and get dressed. No sense in waking somebody sleeping blissfully- I just want to pop out and get a few groceries before my friend comes for coffee mid morning. Hope everyone has a good day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Sass syAshley glad to hear your mum is feeling better

When cleaning our room this morning, we noticed large patches of mold, the back of dh & mine dressers were covered (not good), the walls where the dressers are and our bed so devestating. So not impressed, We are taking a small break and then we will be turning the bed on the opposite wall which is an interior wall (doesn't face an outside wall) and continue cleaning.

I told dh this is not safe thus changing the bed & dressers opposite/inside wall and he agreed.

So folks guess where my tax refund (fingers crossed) is a nice one WILL BE going towards the bedroom reno.

Our small reno account was supposed to go towards putting a powder room downstairs as we only have the 1 washroom BUT that will have to wait.

I'm so fed up with all my income refunds going towards house repairs, renos, maintenance etc.

So I'm praying that this coming years refund is enough to cover the bedroom reno and some fun $ for me BUT desperately hoping enough for the bedroom for sure.

As of now all of dh's work pays from substitute EA are going towards paying the mounting necessary repairs that need to be done on his truck....It's currently in the garage getting a new heater ($400) and major work to the back end (gears don't shift on 4x4) the part alone is $1200. So the bill will be up around $2000...$ which we don't have of course.

Hoping someone throws us a bone soon.

I have decided that I'm not cooking tonight as I still have some $ from last years birthday and a treat after massive clean will be a nice reward for me for all the sh*t luck going on.

Thanks for listening going to get back to the bedroom now and hopefully everything will be done by early afternoon.

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information