User Tag List

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went out to do one more 100.00 SDM shop. I was happy to find Starbucks coffee for 7.99 a bag. I bought 3 bags and can redeem for the 10.00 Starbucks gift card and each pack has a free coffee on it. Like J&C said now we need to build up our points. DH has 7000 left and I have 38000. But it was great to buy so many gifts and food with only the taxes to pay.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat and J and C-great news on your cat and sounds like a fun redemption.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka Fantastic news on Taffy.Hope you can get her home tomorrow.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nat awesome news about your cat
    -did a redemption early yesterday morning as I had to babysit at 10.00 all day -got a xmas gift also didn't redeem for that one but got 16,000 points
    -took ashlyn to see my nieces 2 small boys -out in the country and we saw a mother deer and 3 small babies running she was so excited then came home at 6.00 and ordered pizza for my son to have with us when he picked her up at 6.30
    -then I was gonna go back to shoppers and get 1 more 100.00 redemption on food but alas was tired -oh but went to walamrt at 7.30 cause they only had a few Samsung tablets left black Friday special 108.00 another gift so decided to push myself and get a few fruits and veggies -was shocked all the fruit and veggies have gone up 4.99 for blueberries at walmart -but I managed to get the blueberries for 1.00 after a buy 2 cereal save 3.99 on fruit -thanks to a friend on smart canucks that gave me the coupon ,oh also got carrots for .50 3 pounds after the checkout51 rebate .50 and price matching spent 49.41after 13 in coupons so happy with my deals yesterday

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    (sorry, I don't normally do this, but it's a recopy of what I put in the Chat thread - I'm just bursting HAPPY!!)

LOST CAT NEWS!!!

She's close, about a block south of here - hiding under a shed at the back of someone's house.

Our son got a call in response to our Kijiji ad - the woman said she had noticed cat tracks in her yard for the past few days, saw the cat under the shed, but couldn't get to her - she could tell it was Taffy by the photos. She has been leaving her water and food, and it's been eaten.

So Milan raced over here, picked up my husband and they went over there - but it was dark, just at suppertime, they tried all sorts of things, but no way could they coax her out from under the shed.

Milan said from what he could see she looks okay, white parts are still white, saw she had the tips of her ears - but the lady said she was really skinny. Well, Taffy is a thin cat to start with, so we'll just have to see.
    There are leaves piled up underneath the shed, so perhaps that's kept her somewhat warm...

They will go back tomorrow in the daylight and do whatever it takes to get her, trap her... whatever they come up with.

SIGH!

I'm just SO happy! I know she may not be the same, we will deal with whatever we need to!
    Fantastic news!!! I am sure with all the love and attention she will be getting that she will be back to her old self in no time.
    Last edited by macw1960; Sun, Nov 29th, 2015 at 05:05 PM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Great new Natalka hopefully they can coax her out
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW what a weekend it has been.

On Friday one of Mom's co workers got a call her grandma was taken to the hospital and she needed to go meet her Mom at the hospital. Sadly her Grandmother passed away I believe that evening. This now makes 3, a family friend on my Dad's side passed away, also out neighbour who had terminal cancer passed.

Mom did her co workers shift yesterday which left me with the house to myself. Originally we were supposed to go out yesterday and Mom tried to talk me into still going but decided to stay home instead and happy I did. I cleaned the bathroom from floor to ceiling, they did not use bathroom paint in our bathroom and you can tell as we get funny marks on the ceiling and walls. I tidied the kitchen loading, running and unloading the dishwasher. As well I cleaned the kitchen floor which never got done after last weekends cake things and our kitchen floor is a pain to clean (oh how I wish I could rip it out). As well I got the laundry done including folding last weeks that never got folded. As well for dinner I made a Sheppard Pie with homemade bread.

So far today I ran to Wal Mart to exchange some almond milk, in error my Mom got original instead of vanilla and also I grabbed some eggs as we were almost out. I have now cleaned the kitchen (did the hand washing dishes) and am now working on cleaning off the couch.
    Just looking up some recipes now to make some dishes ahead for the week as Mom closes almost everyday this week, as well we need snacks to take with us to work so my clean kitchen won't be clean for long.

Got one pair of slippers done yesterday which makes me happy, this was the pair that the pattern did not work for so after lots and lots of changes I got them done. I found a pattern with excellent reviews I will be using to make a pair for my sister. As well my cousin finally told me what I can get his little girl. So still quite a bit to be done but feel like I am in a better place.

Off to get some stuff done, have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went over to our friends for a lovely dinner last night. DD is currently studying and after lunch we may put up the Xmas tree. Looking like a warmer than average week here so good for outdoor walks.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka thinking of you today and Taffy, hope the guys can get her to come out
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper tonight is chicken drumsticks tomorrow will be pork chops of some sort (new recipe perhaps to change things up).

Dh is napping, I'm hoping he will finish organizing his mess downstairs it's only been 2.5 weeks....I already took most of it and put in laundry basket to get it out of my way....geez.
    Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Does anyone know if PC stores sell e-reader gift cards? MIL has this on her list and I've never heard of such a thing?
    Crochetlady and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Natalka thinking of you today and Taffy, hope the guys can get her to come out
    The men are just heading out, they rigged up a net with an extended pole. Fingers crossed!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Taffy is home! Skinny as all get-out, pretty much just bones, which is really scary - but she's in very good shape. No owies, cuts, bites, etc. - just matted fur, and filthy - which we will deal with later.

Just absolutely amazed that Milan and our son were able to get her out of those few inches under the shed with a fishing net - popped her in a pillowcase and walked her home - put her in my arms!

So she needed and will need time - she's eating a bit, drinking, wants to be in the sun. She stinks to high heaven - but again, fixing that will come later.

Vader freaked - we were just separating her, putting her into the bedroom when Taffy ran in there to go under the bed - and Milan went to get Taffy and Vader went all Ninja on Milan, scratching him up pretty bad. Vader is just howling, but Taffy isn't even responding.

BUT, holding Taffy in my arms, her purring her special quiet purr - nothing beats that. She's making some funny sounds, but I imagine that may shift - whatever, we'll see.

Just extremely grateful that she is in the shape she is!
    I've been crying buckets of happy tears, and am now giving Milan some snuggle time with her.
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

N-so glad to hear your kitty is home!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy I think you need to know which e-reader she has. My mom has a Kindle and can use Amazon gift cards (she keeps eyeing up the one I purchased at SDM). I use my Ipod and use Ibooks and that is Itune gift cards. I know there is also Kobo I have seen them somewhere but can't remember where.

Natalka so happy Taffy is home.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread Information