User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    maybe in some third world country or something they don't properly take care of their animals but here in canada they do. We are surrounded by farms and all the animals are well looked after.
    Thats the huge misrepusentation that a lot of people have. The difference between family-run farms like the ones described and commerical farms are night and day.

David Suzuki actually did a special about factory farms a few years back. The thing that shocked me was all the polution they produce... the animals waste ends up back in our water. I wouldnt have believed it if i didnt see it for myself. Its disgusting.

The big commercial guys (i'm not sure you'd even call them farmers.. they really are just factories) are the one's i dont buy from. I'd rather support a local farmer who lets the animals walk around rather than being kept in crates their whole lives.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I dont understand why they are not on a do not enter Canada list, there free speech.. then theres just plain hate and stupidity.

If anything goes on its the Canadian gov. fault for letting there lame a$$es in our country.
    I guess if they come in as individuals they do not know they belong to the group. I saw on the news that the border was looking for flyers and picket signs....Then when they spoke to one of the group members they said they couriered them over night. But they did turn a bus away.

How can anyone disrespect a funeral like that. I am so proud to be Canadian when I hear things like that. I hope this family eventually finds peace

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wonder how this day will pan out.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelinu View Post
    Thats the huge misrepusentation that a lot of people have. The difference between family-run farms like the ones described and commerical farms are night and day.

David Suzuki actually did a special about factory farms a few years back. The thing that shocked me was all the polution they produce... the animals waste ends up back in our water. I wouldnt have believed it if i didnt see it for myself. Its disgusting.

The big commercial guys (i'm not sure you'd even call them farmers.. they really are just factories) are the one's i dont buy from. I'd rather support a local farmer who lets the animals walk around rather than being kept in crates their whole lives.

ya family run farms are the good ones (and probably much safer and healthier to eat their products from LOL) but factory farms which I think are usually in third world countries because its cheaper to hire people to work there, are the ones that don't properly take care of their animals as long as you are smart about where you get your meat from I don't think it matters if you eat it or not otherwise we would be overpopulated with animals.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It appears that the good people of Manitoba have frightened off the crazies. Winnipeg Free Press reports that the funeral began at 4pm without any sign of the protesters.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good news Maple!!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-4802837c.html

The funeral for the victim of a Greyhound bus slaying has started without disruption from a group of U.S. zealots who had pledged to protest the service.

A sad tale of two funerals
    While there was no sign of the protesters by the time the service for Tim McLean began at 4 p.m., there were about 250 people who didn't attend the funeral but waited outside Westwood Community Church, 401 Westwood Drive, in case protesters showed up. Many said they didn't know McLean but they lined the road because they believed the McLean family had the right to grieve in peace and they were prepared to peacefully block any protesters.
    About ten police cars also patrolled the site.
    The Westboro Baptist Church said it would picket the funeral to inform Canadians that his horrifying death was God's punishment for the country's policies that enable homosexuality, abortion, and adultery. The church, not recognized by traditional Baptist conferences and considered a hate group by several organizations, has gained notoriety for picketing the funerals of American soldiers killed in Iraq.
    On Friday, Westboro members had said they feared for their safety in Winnipeg and were having second thoughts about picketing.
    A few church members slipped into Manitoba in the middle of the night Thursday even though politicians had tried to block them at the border, said Shirley Phelps-Roper, daughter of WBC founder Fred Phelps. She said they sent their picketing signs into Manitoba by Federal Express.
    A group of outraged Manitobans, led by James Cotton, had pledged to protect the funeral from the Westboro group.
    Phelps-Roper had said the signs smuggled into the country were toned down to avoid arrest for violating Canada's hate laws. Protestors had vowed to hold signs saying, Canada is Doomed and Prepare to Meet Thy God, rather than their typical anti homosexuality comments.
    Still, Phelps-Roper had said with the prime minister, border services, and the RCMP lined up against them, she was concerned the "law will break down" if they protest in Winnipeg.
    Seven members of the group were turned away from the Niagra Falls border crossing Thursday afternoon after Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day's office issued an alert not to allow them into the country.
    The church was likely to abandon plans to picket a play denouncing violence against homosexuals in Red Deer, Alta., Friday night after a local RCMP officer told Phelps-Roper that they would be "arrested on site."

[email protected]

Phelps-Roper insisted the group wouldn't be dissuaded by the counter-protestors planning to meet them head-on at the funeral.
    "A couple hundred people, are you kidding me? That's child play, usually we see 1,000 people out there," she said. "God can do things that you wouldn't imagine, the last thing I am worried about are some brutes Canada. We will know what to do when the hour comes."

Westboro Baptist Church

Founder: Fred Phelps
    Origins: The WBC held their first service in Topeka, Kansas on Sunday,November 27, 1955.
    Congregation: More than 80 per cent of the church's members are related to Phelps through blood or marriage.
    Shirley Phelps-Roper is the WBC's unofficial media spokesperson, making several appearances on Fox News, among other media outlets.
    Faith: The church claims to be Baptist, although it is an independent church with no formal associations with the Baptist church. They are considered a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League.
    Beliefs: The church believes that homosexuality is a sin and most tragedies (including 9-11) and untimely deaths (disease/murder) in North America are God's punishment for the growing acceptance of gay lifestyles among mainstream society. "If you don't obey God, he will punish you... it's not rocket science," said Phelps-Roper.The church also has adverse feelings toward abortion.
    Claim to infamy: Picketing the funerals of American soldiers who have died in Iraq with signs like, God Hates America, and Thank God for Dead Soldiers and God is America's Terror. The church travels coast to coast to protest performances of The Laramie Project, a play based on the real-life murders of two homosexuals in the United States.
    Why: To let the world know that, "God hates you for your sins."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah Canada! Thank God they weren't able to do further harm to these poor people by picketing...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I saw something saying they (the church members that wanted to picket)were upset at our government for not protecting them and their rights.....are you kidding me? I am so happy the people of Winnepeg scared them off. A funeral is no place for protest.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This just proves once again what a bunch of extremists PETA is. They are the most hypocritical ORG around and I would never give them a red cent. Ohhhh don't get me going PETA.... bunch of ********!!!!

They should be muzzled and put out of commission for good.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Oh i'm glad that family wasn't able to make it across the border. They sound completely off their rockers!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They crossed. Some did not but tried other boarder crossings.
    They were there ready to protest but decided not to for some reason.
    Possibley the 250 people waiting for them Who knows. hehe

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

These people should be listed as a "hate group" and "blacklisted" from entering Canada.
    We don't need these kind of sickos.
    Just think, it is this type of person that put George W. in as president...small wonder they have a mess there.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah... small wonder. lol
    I totally agree they should be blacklisted and written as a hate group. I do not understand why they can get away with the stuff they do in the states!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I guess it depends on the farmer and there practices.
    Ive seen some gorgeous farms that are so clean you could eat off the floors if you really wanted to, Ive also seen the other side where theres poop everywhere, the poors animals walk around in there own filth and are mangy and under weight.

With the good people theres always the bad.

I guess it could be looked at that way for anything, just like some people have clean houses some have dirty.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i did get peta freebies and i completely was off meat for a week because they disgusted me into not eating meat. when i was little peta people came to my school and gave us playing cards with things like lugeylouis that tryed to get us off of milk. who in their right minds would try and convince children to hate milk. these people are disgusting and what their doing is worse then anyone. i'm sick to my stomach and in tears right now that someone would use a beheading to benefit then. who the f*** are they to decide to pick on family and friends and rub this in their faces. they are a bunch of rude ignorant minipulators and i hope whoever came up with this add gets whats coming to him.

sorry but i feel very strongly about this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information