Thread: Multiple casualties reported in central Paris shooting, explosion

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

2h ago10:01
    Hollande blames attack on Islamic State

The French president has made an impassioned statement after the emergency security meeting this morning, where he blamed the attack on Islamic State.
    Hollande said 127 people were killed in the attacks, which he described as an “act of war”. He said the attacks were coordinated, planned and organised from abroad with assistance from inside France.
    “I pay homage to the country’s defenders who fought the terrorists yesterday,” he said. “Everyone has given their utmost and will be putting in their best efforts in the day to come.”
    He called the attack “cowardly’ and said every measure would be taken to fight “the terrorist menace.”
    “In this most serious and uncertain time, I call for unity and courage,” he said, adding that he would address the French parliament on Monday.
    “Even if France is wounded, she will rise,” he said.
    The country will observe three days of mourning.

1h ago10:50
    These are the full remarks from President Hollande, when he addressed the nation earlier from the Élysée Palace.

What happened yesterday in Paris and in Saint Denis is an act of war and this country needs to make the right decisions to fight this war. This act committed by the terrorist army, Islamic State, is against who we are, against a free country that speaks to the whole world.
    It is an act of war prepared and planned outside, with outside involvement which this investigation will seek to establish. It is an act of absolute barbarism. France will be ruthless in its response to Islamic State.
    At this painful and serious time, which is such a decisive one for our country, I call for unity, for a collective spirit and for cool heads. I will address Parliament at Versailles on Monday.
    France is strong, and even if she is wounded, she will rise once again. Even if we are in grief, nothing will destroy her.
    France is strong, valiant and will defeat this barbarism. History reminds us of this and the strength we today bear to come together convinces us of this.
    My compatriots, what we defend is our homeland and much more than that, it is our own values of humanity and France will bear its responsibilities.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

53m ago10:57
    Islamic State claims responsibility for Paris attacks

In an official statement, the group said France was its “top target”. It says it carefully studied the locations for the attacks, which were carried out by fighters wearing suicide belts and carrying machine guns.

In the statement, released in French, Islamic State said “soldiers of Caliphate” had targeted “the capital of abomination and perversion”.
    It continues:

Eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns targeted areas in the heart of the French capital that were specifically chosen in advance: the Stade de France during a match against Germany which that imbecile François Hollande was attending; the Bataclan where hundreds of idolaters were together in a party of perversity as well as other targets in the 10th, 11th and 18th arrondissement
    France and those who follow its path must know that they remain the principal targets of the Islamic State.
    The statement from Islamic State goes on to call the attacks a response to insults directed at the prophet Muhammad, as well as airstrikes by France on Islamic State-held territory.

Islamic State says the attack on France is “the start of a storm” and the country is its key target:

...having dared insult our prophet, having bragged about fighting Islam in France and striking Muslims in the Caliphate with their planes, which have not helped them in any way in the ill-smelling streets of Paris.
    This attack is just the start of a storm and a warning for those who wish to draw lessons.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I'd like to know exactly what Trudeau had in mind when he said that we're providing all possible help/support to France and engaging with our allies to keep Canadians safe.

All leaders say the same thing. Obama said this also.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

The Paris Police Prefecture said the toll was at least 128. The spokesman said 180 people had been injured, 99 of whom were in critical condition. The death toll is expected to rise significantly, said Paris' Deputy Mayor, Patrick Klugman.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/europe/paris-attacks-at-a-glance/index.html

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i know people over there, some live in Paris area , some not
    but with the high speed train it's easy to go to a soccer match or a show in Paris

i lost touch of them some times around 10 years ago....

however, my cousin ex is living there and at the last news, her daughter was planning to go live with her dad
    big family , i never met them (ex and daughter) but mom did
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Nov 14th, 2015 at 11:33 AM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    All leaders say the same thing. Obama said this also.
    Yes, but we all know what an American president means when he says those words. I wasn't at all sure what Trudeau meant. I think Dion may have shed a little more light on Canada's involvement though: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...tion-1.3319151

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Kyiv conservatory lit up in solidarity w/ France

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by stage19 View Post
    Pray for Paris, and Pray for Canada, we are taking 25000 refugees , we are not ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard he doesn't want to security screen anyone under the 18, because he believes they are too young to be radicalized. Idiot.
    gryphon, Natalka, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

1h ago20:43
    France plans to go ahead with a global climate change summit in Paris at the end of the month despite Friday’s attacks. “It’s an essential meeting for humanity,” said prime minister Manuel Valls, ading that the summit would also be an opportunity for world leaders to show their solidarity with France after the attacks.

Almost 120 leaders are expected to attend the opening day of the conference, which starts on 30 November and is expected to result in a global deal to limit greenhouse gas emissions.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quite the timeline -

1h ago20:21
    Returning to the briefing earlier this evening from Paris prosecutor Francois Molins, he gave a minute-by-minute account of how the attacks in Paris unfolded:

• 9.20pm One victim was killed when the first explosion went off in Saint Denis near the Stade de France during a football match between France and Germany. The body of a terrorist was found at the scene wearing a suicide belt filled with shrapnel.
    • 9.25pm 15 people were killed and 10 injured at Le Carillon bar and Le Petit Cambodge restaurant in Rue Alibert in the city’s 10th district. Terrorists armed with Kalashnikovs were seen pulling up in a black Seat car before opening fire.
    • 9.30pm A second explosion went off outside the Stade de France. The body of another suicide bomber was discovered at the scene with a similar explosive belt.
    • 9.32pm Five people died and eight were injured in a shooting outside La Bonne Biere bar in the 11th district. The gunmen arrived in the same car and armed with similar weapons to the first shooting.
    • 9.36pm 19 people were killed and nine injured at La Belle Equipe restaurant on Rue de Charonne in the 11th district. A black Seat car was spotted at the scene and the gunmen were again armed with Kalashnikovs.
    • 9.40pm One person was seriously injured when a suicide explosive, similar to those used in the other attacks, was detonated inside the Voltaire restaurant in Boulevard Voltaire, 11th district.
    • 9.40pm 89 people were shot dead and “many” injured when three armed men took hostages and opened fire into the crowd during a rock concert at Le Bataclan. The attackers were heard mentioning Syria and Iraq during the massacre. They arrived at the venue in a black Polo car.
    • 9.53pm Third explosion took place on Rue de la Cokerie, near the Stade de France. The body of a third suicide bomber wearing an explosive belt was found at the scene.
    • 12.20am The three terrorists at Le Bataclan were killed. One was shot dead by French police, the other two blew themselves up.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  parislight.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  92.2 KB

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Muslims around the world condemn Paris attack

Update, Nov. 14: In a live address on Saturday morning in France, President Francois Hollande said the Islamic State was responsible for the attacks. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attacks in a statement released on social media, though its lack of specific background information about the attackers suggests the group may not have directly orchestrated them.
    The attacks in Paris that have killed more than 100 people have sparked a cycle of blame and outrage that has become depressingly familiar.
    Not much is known about the terrorists at this point, except for the fact that the ones directly involved are all dead. But early reports that the terrorists were speaking about France’s presence in Syria, that one yelled “Allahu Akbar” before opening fire in a crowded concert hall, and ISIL supporters use of the hashtag #باريس_تشتعل (Paris burns) to spread the news led many to conclude the attackers were Muslim.
    The attacks have started a new round of condemnation of Islam itself from long-time right-wing critics.
    Muslims around the world, from religious leaders and politicians to ordinary people, meanwhile, are condemning the attacks.
    In an official statement, Iranian president Hassan Rouhani called the attacks a “crime against humanity.”
    In the name of the Iranian people, who have themselves been victims of terrorism, I strongly condemn these crimes against humanity and offer my condolences to the grieving French people and government.
    Indonesian president Joko Widodo condemned the “violence that took place in Paris,” and called for more international cooperation to fight terrorism.
    Leaders of Arab states called the attacks immoral and inhumane. Qatar’s foreign minister Khaled al-Attiyah denounced the “heinous attacks,” adding, “these acts, which target stability and security in France are against all human and moral values.” Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah called the attacks “criminal acts of terrorism which run counter to all teachings of holy faith and humanitarian values.” The Saudi foreign ministry called for global cooperation to “root out this dangerous and destructive plague.”

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I put a lot of this on Obama's shoulders. I really do. When isis was FIRST making their move into Syria, THAT was the time to shut them down!! It's taken a couple of YEARS before he's taken any steps to deal with them, other than words alone! Right from the beginning, with their first foray into another country, they should have been blasted to hell where they belong.
    And recently he said that isis was "contained"?? Where, Obama? In an country they have no right to be in? Or do you mean contained on this planet alone?!!

The slaughter of innocents is a declaration of war! Will the world finally open their eyes to what's happening? Will diplomacy finally be taken off the table and replaced with war plans?

I honestly doubt it. I really doubt it. Too little, too late.

God bless those who were slaughtered, their families, friends, and heaven help the rest of the world!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Nov 15th, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
    abbasgirl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    This put a lot of this on Obama's shoulders. I really do. When isis was FIRST making their move into Syria, THAT was the time to shut them down!! It's taken a couple of YEARS before he's taken any steps to deal with them, other than words alone! Right from the beginning, with their first foray into another country, they should have been blasted to hell where they belong.
    And recently he said that isis was "contained"?? Where, Obama? In an country they have no right to be in? Or do you mean contained on this planet alone?!!

The slaughter of innocents is a declaration of war! Will the world finally open their eyes to what's happening? Will diplomacy finally be taken off the table and replaced with war plans?

I honestly doubt it. I really doubt it. Too little, too late.

God bless those who were slaughtered, their families, friends, and heaven help the rest of the world!
    Remember when he called them Junior Varsity?
    Lynn49, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information