User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

It's sad to hear that some gifts have not been rec'd. for whatever reasons.
    It is possible that they do not even realize that their gift hasn't been rec'd. If they didn't keep up with the thread. I didn't realize dwankrista rec'd mine, and i was going in panicking, and here she rec'd it posts and posts and posts ago.

Is eliotgal pm'ing the senders and letting them know in a diplomatic way?

Another reason if a gift has not been sent and no mention of it, is that they are way too embarrassed.

One thing I think should have been done differently, was not to have their names posted, until they were contacted privately about it. A little discretion might have turned things around.

For instance, EG gets a pm from a sc'er that did not rec. she looks up her secret santa..it's mrs. B. so she pm's mrs B. hi how ya doing? did you have any trouble sending your gift? oh is that so? ..and give them the option of pming the sc'er or EG could on their behalf.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

ƃuılıǝɔ ǝɥʇ uo ƃuıɔuɐp Rockin' Kitty's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissScrooge View Post
    Yep, but she had also posted prior to that post on July 17th:

http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/sho...&postcount=113

..Which would be the 18th - unless the comment was intended for the following friday (July 25th).
    oh okay I just thought the 18th was more like the middle of the month
    I've rec'd over $1500 so far of Amazon.ca gift cards. All for free!
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/FarrahnsMom

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ONmomofthree View Post
    I guess we can say this was a trial run. We will learn from each round how to improve the next
    Any ideas about next one after FC's run? Like something for the fall, Halloween or X-mas? (My birthday, next year lol)

I love spending money that's NOT mine
    Shhhh don't tell the hubby!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmike View Post
    You can take Alexsmommy off the list of those that don't send gifts as I did receive mine today!

WooHoo.....Thank you Alexsmommy! I received a gift certificate to the Body shop....which is one of my favorite shops!

I prefer to think that the items that the sender has said have been placed in the mail are actually delayed or got lost in the mail. I do not like to jump to conclusions.

I certainly hope that tomorrow brings good fortune to those still waiting....take it from me I know how it feels to think Santa left you behind

Maybe you will even get a bigger surprise

I'm sooooo excited for you, gf!!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' Kitty View Post
    Any ideas about next one after FC's run? Like something for the fall, Halloween or X-mas? (My birthday, next year lol)

I love spending money that's NOT mine
    Shhhh don't tell the hubby!
    I think we are just waiting for someone to vollunteer
    I am not in the August one but would love to participate in a fall one

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will host a Halloween SC' Secret Shoppers In late September for it to take place beginning early October
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    It's sad to hear that some gifts have not been rec'd. for whatever reasons.
    It is possible that they do not even realize that their gift hasn't been rec'd. If they didn't keep up with the thread. I didn't realize dwankrista rec'd mine, and i was going in panicking, and here she rec'd it posts and posts and posts ago.

Is eliotgal pm'ing the senders and letting them know in a diplomatic way?

Another reason if a gift has not been sent and no mention of it, is that they are way too embarrassed.

One thing I think should have been done differently, was not to have their names posted, until they were contacted privately about it. A little discretion might have turned things around.

For instance, EG gets a pm from a sc'er that did not rec. she looks up her secret santa..it's mrs. B. so she pm's mrs B. hi how ya doing? did you have any trouble sending your gift? oh is that so? ..and give them the option of pming the sc'er or EG could on their behalf.
    just so you know, i have not received pm's from certain people, the whole duration of this event.

and a list of names of who was sending to who, should not "embarass" a person. if anything, it should motivate the person to send a message to me, their secret sc'er, or to even post in the thread!

its comments from users who say "those people who dont send shouldnt participate in anything like this again".... now that, that is something that would offend a person.

my opinion though of course...

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    just so you know, i have not received pm's from certain people, the whole duration of this event.

and a list of names of who was sending to who, should not "embarass" a person. if anything, it should motivate the person to send a message to me, their secret sc'er, or to even post in the thread!

its comments from users who say "those people who dont send shouldnt participate in anything like this again".... now that, that is something that would offend a person.

Exactly this is suppose to be friendly and really we do not know what has happened in peoples lives over the summer. Things get crazy and time flies.
    Its probally all an inocent mistake

elliott_gyal I just want to thank you again for this wonderful idea and for coordinating it for us.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

sounds like most of you had a great time either picking out a gift or recieving a really cool gift.
    Searching and earning points that can be redeemed for all sorts of fun and cool stuff! I've earned $15 for amazon.ca so far! Come join me.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BBGun89

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post

It may offend them, but if they didn't or "can't" send out anything, I think it would offend the non receiver more than it would the "giver". Obviously this is to those who have not sent anything.
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

maybe they are "embarressed" but think of how the people that didn't receive think...I myself am just upset...not at the fact that I received nothing( todate) but rather that I wasn't told anything.
    If a person runs into financial trouble and can not send I understand that....but why would they join again?? Perhaps there financial situation changed, or they are no longer ill, or whatever....they should have the decency to pm the person who they were suppose to send to or contact elliot and say ..."you know what...I ran into problems, and they are resolved.. I would like to join the next one"
    If the sender does not send, does not explain why they sent..then NO..I do not beleive they should join...because in my opinion they are only there to receive....and they will keep doing it until they are banned from participating.
    The senders should not be embarressed at all, we are adults here and life happens, and like I said I am just upset about not hearing from crafylady herself or inderictly from elliot, and since the due day is now 1 week past...if anyone's gifts are late, don't they have the right to know.?
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

No gift today...maybe Monday...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wanda, I completely understand how you are feeling and agree that you have every right to know who had your name. I appreciate that the list was made public so that I also know who had your name. I belonged to a board where member took advantage of peoples generosity to the point where people were actually paying her medical costs for "phantom" illnesses. (This was in the U.S.) We are talking thousands of dollars from many board members. Needless to say someone caught on to the scheme but our boards strict policy was no bashing or name calling of other members. So we were not allowed to know the scammers screen name. The problem with that "policy" was that if you never knew who was doing the scamming you could have been scammed very easily.

Now I am not saying that the participant here that apparently has not sent a gift is a scammer or a troll, but I appreciate that I know who the user is so I can protect myself from the user doing something like that to me.

If there is a huge misunderstanding and in fact the user is on the up and up...I am sure it will be posted and will be resolved at that time.

In the meantime Wanda....keep your chin up, sometimes things happen for a reason and something better becomes of it

Shannaniganz
    Have Elliot and Freebiechick's lists been cross-referenced to see if the senders who are "late" are on the new gift exchange?
    I would give Freebiechick a heads up to watch for coincidental "lateness" with those users in her gift exchange.

Wandajean and msporkchop, I'm sorry and I hope your gift comes soon.
    I would like to send the 2 of you some extra coupons I have if you wouldn't mind PMing your address' to me!
    Or maybe some catnip!!!
    Hugz

Shannaniganz
    Quote Originally Posted by TrixyRox View Post
    I will host a Halloween SC' Secret Shoppers In late September for it to take place beginning early October
    I'm in for the Halloween one!
    Woo Hoo!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information