User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth

Thread: Have you seen this? Toxic foam in India's streets, waterways...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...wn_promo_news5

Saturday, November 14, 2015, 6:31 PM - White toxic froth continues to flood the streets of Bengaluru, India and residents have had enough.
    Since September, the snow-like flakes of foam have descended on the city.
    Bengaluru is often described as India's Silicon Valley. However, tech headlines have been recently consumed by reports of the white froth.
    Decades of excessive construction and industrialization have contaminated Bellandur Lake, Bengaluru's largest body of water. The cause of the smelly foam? Increased phosphate levels in the water, which worsens during periods of heavy downpour.

"The floating foam felt dirty and caused itching," Sanchita Jha, a software engineer told the Pakistan Tribe. "I was embarrassed and angry. People were wondering if this was indeed the IT capital of the country."
    Jha started a online petition on Change.org urging officials to clean up the lake. So far, over 30,000 people have signed. Meanwhile, a Twitter campaign and Facebook group targets the chief minister in charge.
    “The froth singes the skin. We do not even park our vehicles near the lake. The vehicle loses its colour as froth settles on it,” Balu, a Bangalore resident living near Bellandur Lake writes on change.org.
    The Bangalore Water Supply and Sewage Board (BWSSB) is responsible for fixing this situation, according to Jha. However, they have said they cannot do anything about the situation.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I watched the videos in the link @Lynn49 , that is disgusting! Are there no experts to fix this situation? Can you imagine living near this?
    abbasgirl and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Isn't that the worst imaginable, Walkonby?! The powers that be claim that nothing can be done, so all they've managed to do is use sprinklers to compact that stuff! My Hubby was explaining to me what it was all about, but he's way over my head (chemistry wasn't my favourite subject!)...honestly, what on earth could one do?!! And we complain?! LOL!!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's icky. Sanitation in India is just a joke, there must just be no regulation

http://scroll.in/article/737981/horr...ated-by-sewage

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Of course this is all because of western consumerism and greed.

If you think that is bad check out the tanning industry in India and what that does.

Lynn49 likes this.

Thread Information