User Tag List

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    So what's everyone's favorite foundation from Beauty Boutique? I need a new one and since no stores near me sell Estee Lauder I need to go with another brand since I have one I need to exchange.
    Brands I've tried that I know they carry.
    Smashbox Studio skin-just meh, didn't hate it but didn't love it
    Clinique Foundation plus concealer-awesome for the first 2 hours then it disappears off my chin and tzone and my skin isn't even oily
    Clarins everlasting foundation-same issue as Clinique
    Anything Lancome-none of their foundations will stay on my face regardless of what primer I use.
    Lise Watier
    If your Beauty Boutique carries Guerlain, try to get some samples. They have some gorgeous foundations. I just got the Terracotta Joli Teint during redemption. They do have fragrance in them but I can't smell it after applying (and I'm sensitive to scents).
    Lyssia510 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanasavalot View Post
    Like you, i was terribly disappointed with the Lancome Grandiose mascara.....I did, however, discover Elizabeth Arden mascara recently and it is now my new obsession!! It isn't waterproof, makes my stubby lashes super long, doesn't clump, lasts all day and doesn't get crunchy!!!
    Which Elizabeth Arden mascara is that? There are a few different ones....
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They have the same part company as Chanel cosmetics so they carry very similar products. I've only ever used their foundation but I love it. Their bronzer and blushes seem to get good reviews.
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So what's everyone's favorite foundation from Beauty Boutique? I need a new one and since no stores near me sell Estee Lauder I need to go with another brand since I have one I need to exchange.
    Clinique Foundation plus concealer-awesome for the first 2 hours then it disappears off my chin and tzone and my skin isn't even oily
    Anything Lancome-none of their foundations will stay on my face regardless of what primer I use.
    Lise Watier
    What skin type do you have and what sort of coverage are you looking for?
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I hate liquid foundation so I wear the smashbox powder foundation. Love it. For an extra air brushed look I would set any foundation with makeupforever hd powder. PS I hate all things lancome. To me nothing lancome is more premium than l'oreal like they took the identical products and slapped new labels on them. No offense to lancome fans, just my opinion!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I hate liquid foundation so I wear the smashbox powder foundation. Love it. For an extra air brushed look I would set any foundation with makeupforever hd powder. PS I hate all things lancome. To me nothing lancome is more premium than l'oreal like they took the identical products and slapped new labels on them. No offense to lancome fans, just my opinion!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    LMAO! My favorite foundation for the longest time was by l'Oreal. I haven't been impressed with anything Lancome either.
    Quote Originally Posted by adastra View Post
    What skin type do you have and what sort of coverage are you looking for?
    I have combination, slightly dry, rosacea and a bit oily on my tzone and chin. Definitely want something full coverage like Estee Lauder double wear(my favorite but not in the budget until after Xmas and I'm going to run out before then).
    I don't mind the Clinique foundation plus concealer, it just will not stay on my chin(which is less oily than my t-zone) no matter what primer I use(silicone, water based) or how I apply it(flat top brush, stippling brush, fingers). Even using setting powder doesn't help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by illa View Post
    I usually just wear concealer on a daily basis but when I wear foundation I love the urban decay naked skin! It kind of has a weird smell but it dissipates after you apply it, It gives such a nice finish
    Is it full coverage? I wanted to try this last time I was at Sephora but the girl helping me insisted that it wouldn't work and the proceeded to colour match me with a Sephora brand foundation three shades too dark :/
    amira84 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Is it full coverage? I wanted to try this last time I was at Sephora but the girl helping me insisted that it wouldn't work and the proceeded to colour match me with a Sephora brand foundation three shades too dark :/

Are they even allowed to impose their opinion about brands on their customers? That would've made me not want to go to that girl again.

I am loving this thread. It's shaping up to be our e-beauty salon but since it says sdm/beauty boutique talk, mods can't even challenge our posts. Sorry Anne. Lol.

I love a lancome eye shadow palette. It's colours are brown/bronze and it's very glittery and very easily blendable.
    Arvilish and dededi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lise Watier
    I'm not really a big foundation wearer, but I do like Dior. Was lucky enough a couple of years ago to get a makeover at one of my local beauty boutiques when the Dior makeup artist was there so that's how I was introduced. My preference now is the Diorskin Nude BB Cream. It's a lighter than foundation but still gives me natural looking coverage.
    amira84 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Are they even allowed to impose their opinion about brands on their customers? That would've made me not want to go to that girl again.

I am loving this thread. It's shaping up to be our e-beauty salon but since it says sdm/beauty boutique talk, mods can't even challenge our posts. Sorry Anne. Lol.

I love a lancome eye shadow palette. It's colours are brown/bronze and it's very glittery and very easily blendable.
    I find every sales associate at Shoppers or Sephora have their favorite brands/products and that's what they try to sell you. I do find them less brand biased in bigger cities but I'm not driving two hours with a three year old to get unbiased opinions on make up.
    4sure5, amira84 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Totally hijacking this thread but there's free shipping on all orders at Beautyboutique.ca from Dec 1-13.
    I'll stop now lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Totally hijacking this thread but there's free shipping on all orders at Beautyboutique.ca from Dec 1-13.
    I'll stop now lol.

Hijacking? No way! This thread is already for sdm/beauty boutique/murale cosmetics. We can talk about it as much as we want.
    annedougherty and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is it with Sephora? Everytime I go in there to get a foundation match, I'm always given a shade that is too dark.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll stop now lol.
    Not even tempted, lol. Just spent over $200 yesterday...mainly on Clinique, so lots of bonus points. I need nothing!! Well...maybe except some IT Cosmetics brushes I have my eye on (on The Shopping Channel).
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd say its medium coverage but definitely buildable!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information