User Tag List

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I see that you are a great fan of Estee Lauder brand.
    I am! In terms of their skincare for sure. I find i get results from their products. I'm 33 and still get asked for id lol. As a guy I don't use their makeup well just concealer for under my eyes actually which is fantastic!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    4sure5 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

trying to to post pics of what I got, having some trouble, hope this
    works
    OK, fixed the pictures finally!
    Spent $169 in the first transaction - made 40,000 points. Used a $100 gift card I got for my b-day.
    Second transaction approx. $130, cashed in $80 in points
    Soooo, I spent ALOT. BUT, I need all new makeup and they "worked" on me for over an hour, trying all different shades until we found perfect matches. I am quite happy - my face looks so much brighter. The Joviance foundation is amazing (only comes in one colour and works with your skin tone, so can use it year round) and so is the Elizabeth Arden highlighter stick. They did try to get me to but ALL high end stuff, but they helped me find things more in my budget.
    Thanks for all your comments in helping me out with this!
    Last edited by terrarankin; Tue, Apr 5th, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
    Cata, maple7, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Regular $100 - selling testers - this is more than 3/4 full - I have always wanted this one!!! $25 is unbelievable!
    Last edited by terrarankin; Tue, Apr 5th, 2016 at 01:06 PM.
    Cata, amira84, maple7 and 4 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post

Regular $100 - selling testers - this is more than 3/4 full - I have always wanted this one!!! $25 is unbelievable!
    That one just came out! that's the new spring LE daisy dream! Jealous!

terrarankin likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Murals redemption April 7-10 50k for $100 95k for $200
    amira84 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Honestly I buy 90% of my stuff from Sephora. They are best ever! Everything is so exceptional and I never had that friendly experience at my local SDM. They even give you tons of freebies.

EDIT: Oh I only order online and get really high stuff. I am very scared of shopping at SDM cosmetics. I bought one Loreal foundation and it was too light [and there was no tester] but they refused to accept return. I never bought any cosmetics from them ever!
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Apr 17th, 2016 at 03:12 AM.
    jsmile, maple7 and Davetherave like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Honestly I buy 90% of my stuff from Sephora. They are best ever! Everything is so exceptional and I never had that friendly experience at my local SDM. They even give you tons of freebies.
    I never get freebies when I buy stuff at sephora! Spent over $200 on 2 perfumes last year and got nothing even complained about that and they said oh well. Atleast at the local shoppers I go to I can strong arm them into giving me freebies I f i really want them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glendon Preece View Post
    I never get freebies when I buy stuff at sephora! Spent over $200 on 2 perfumes last year and got nothing even complained about that and they said oh well. Atleast at the local shoppers I go to I can strong arm them into giving me freebies I f i really want them.
    In today's beauty industry. $200 is not really much. LOL I've seen lots of people ring up several hundred dollars on a few items (including myself lol). They consider their points perk, annual December GC, 15% off spring promo and 20% off summer promo, complementary makeovers as the advantages or "freebies" of shopping with Sephora.

Plus, Sephora has a great return policy - no questions asked. Have you ever tried to return a cosmetic item to Beauty Boutique - what a pain. I can say that I've had a few bad customer service experiences at beauty boutique. My experiences at Murale have been much better, but at the same time, I go in for all the redemptions so they know me by name. LOL
    Last edited by jsmile; Sun, Apr 17th, 2016 at 02:46 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My experience with sdm has been great so far. They are very generous in giving freebies. But sephora never gave me any free samples instore. Online orders get 3 samples. I just love sdm.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ya I have not bought any cosmetics at SDM in 4.5 years. If there is a drug store item, I get that from Amazon.ca My [very close] First Nation friends had some issues at SDM and I get anxiety so when I hear scary things about their experience, I get goose bumps. LOL I did not even know what Murale is *embarrassing* [lets just say I live an ignorant life]

Thing about Sephora is that you can go there, get sample of things that you are interested in and use it and then see if I like it or not. I have sensitive skin so for me it helps without wasting time and energy on things that might not work for me.

If I do, I ordered it online. But here is the tip from my expert bro: if you want tons of freebies, order straight from the site. My bro ordered Guerlain straight from Toronto office and they sent him so much stuff with free express shipping. And of course, he and I ended up spending more because we loved the samples.

I think if stores are not giving samples, they are doing way more harm to them because I have bought 90% of the stuff that I got as samples. But whatever flows in one mind! If it works for you, stick with it.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    My experience with sdm has been great so far. They are very generous in giving freebies. But sephora never gave me any free samples instore. Online orders get 3 samples. I just love sdm.
    SDM does give out samples and i think that is great, tho you always have to ask and they often run out of them here. The customer service is a different story.

I've seen bad customer service with the beauty advisors/salespeople. From not having enough to cover the floor, being too pushy in order to get sales, or just plain bad attitude. When it comes to returns, you cannot return the item to a different store if it is more convenient for you, even if they sell the brand. Depending on the owner of the store, they might not let you return colour cosmetics if it has been used, like lipstick, gloss, etc. If you have a bad reaction from the item like creams, lotions, foundation, etc, you are required to fill out a form with your personal information and the details of your reaction. These things don't come up with Sephora.

Sephora also as a lot more selection and brands. For example, sephora had the entire new line of Clinique cheek pop colours but SDM only carries 4. Sephora also carries unique brands like Tony Moly, Sunday Riley, Tom Ford, Kevyn Aucoin, etc.

It does help that online Beauty Boutique has ebates cash back too now. I just wish I could do a redemption with an online purchase.
    Last edited by jsmile; Mon, Apr 18th, 2016 at 01:21 AM.
    amira84, Arvilish and Davetherave like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I got an email from Murale telling if I sign up for beautyBOUTIQUE.ca email newsletter, I earn 4000 optimum points.

Also, if you make your first $75+ purchase at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca, earn 18500 optimum points. Use code: BEAUTYFIRST

Offer valid until April 25/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Orange key is 24496925S1

Drop referral code:q6n0i https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Sephora for the generous samples (the ones they make for you when you ask) and for just wandering around trying things without anyone bothering me. But I much prefer the rewards program of SDM/Beautyboutiqe/Murale. If I can't get what I want there, I will buy from The Bay when they have their 10% off cosmetics sales.
    amira84, Arvilish, dededi and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    In today's beauty industry. $200 is not really much. LOL I've seen lots of people ring up several hundred dollars on a few items (including myself lol). They consider their points perk, annual December GC, 15% off spring promo and 20% off summer promo, complementary makeovers as the advantages or "freebies" of shopping with Sephora.

Plus, Sephora has a great return policy - no questions asked. Have you ever tried to return a cosmetic item to Beauty Boutique - what a pain. I can say that I've had a few bad customer service experiences at beauty boutique. My experiences at Murale have been much better, but at the same time, I go in for all the redemptions so they know me by name. LOL
    All my returns have been great at the beauty boutiques actually never a problem even without a receipt I've returned things to other stores than the one i bought it from. The return policy changed when they started the online store. The points are much better at sdm. Atleast I get free products instead of minis i have to use points for. To each there own I guess.

Last edited by Glendon Preece; Tue, Apr 19th, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information