• 3 Post By maple7
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 4 Post By Panache70
  • 1 Post By maple7

Thread: Am i understanding this wrong?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So today I was heading to Shoppers (Pharmaprix) to redeem for an X-BOX ONE.
    Price was $349.99 + $0.80 eco fees = $350.79. They were also offering a free 50$ Shoppers Gift Card with purchase.
    Before I left for the store, I loaded my digital offer for 18,500 points WUS $100.00.
    My bill ended up looking like this:

X-BOX: $349.99 (Code B next to it)
    Eco Fees: $0.80 (Code B & X next to it)
    Gift Card: $50.00 (Code N & Z next to it)
    X BOX Promo: -$50.00 (Code B next to it).

Subtotal: $350.79
    Taxes: $45.04 (GST + QST)
    Total: $395.83
    Redemption: - $200.00

Grand Total: $195.83

Points awarded: 1490
    Points redeemed: 95000

No mention of any electronic offer on the bill.

So if I received regular points of 1490, the assumption is that I spent $149.99 before taxes, which is actually correct. Eco fees ($0.80) and taxes ($45.04) are exempt from points.
    Since I spent more than $100 OOP, should I not get the 18,500 points offer that I loaded?
    The offer was from Nov 28 to Dec 4, and the offer is still loaded on my card ( I checked when I returned home).
    It looks to me like the system only calculated the "B codes (without an X)" to calculate the total for the bonus offer.
    Just because they gave me a gift card to use later, doesn't mean my total OOP should be $99.99 to calculate the total for the bonus points offer...
    Even if it did, will Shoppers hold back 18,500 points because the total (including only B codes with no X) was 1 penny away from $100??

Should I call them, or will they tell me you can't get bonus points when you redeem??

I am kind of dissapointed, because with the $50.00 gift card and the 18,500 (worth 37$ on a big redemption day), I could have had the X-Box for $108.83 including taxes.

I appreciate your feedback.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    morningrose likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would call them because you should have recieved it on the portion you didn't redeem for. I will bet it is a glitch in there system. Let us know if you get the points. Call them for sure I think you should have got it.
    Panache70 and morningrose like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I agree, call and ask. I did this last year for the PS4 and was able to get bonus points.
    Panache70 and morningrose like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Today morning gift card didn't work at 4.30 AM .So I went back again at 7 pm so Manager would help me but still I didn't get gift card rather he added points worth for $50
    One way good that gift card promo worked and other way you should contact customer service rep.You should definitely get points.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Panache70 and Anna Michele like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What's worse, when I was reading the detail of the electronic offer tonight, I mistakenly clicked "remove" to close the pop-up box. Now the offer is not on my account anymore.
    I added it back right away, but I hope the Customer Service rep can see that I added it in the morning, removed it after my shop and added it right back... otherwise, there will be no way to tell that the offer was on my card when I made the purchase. *sigh*

I have a feeling the system really calculated $99.99 (removing the amount of the gift card from my total), making the total $99.99. Since Shopper's doesn't round up, I was off by 1 penny.

I would have definitely thrown in a pack of gum to receive 18,500 points... Will try and call Monday morning, this should be a fun call.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Similar situation for me. The clerk that I dealt with today told me any digital points offers would automatically be removed by the system when making a purchase due to the redemption, and that I should call to have it manually added. She told me the system was programmed that way. I called for mine and they added it right away.
    you shouldn't have a problem at all.
    Panache70 likes this.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Those gift card promos often screw up the points!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should have gotten the points.

However, looking at your receipt I can see why the system wouldn't give them to you. Amount is calculated before taxes and excludes eco fee and the way they processed the offer, they removed $50 off the xbox for the giftcard. I'm guessing they need to record the gift card (+$50) then subtract it off so you don't get charged for it, don't have this set up properly so the workaround is to take $50 off the xbox. Unfortunately, the system then thinks you paid $299.99 minus the redemption so the $99.99 you mentioned. In "Shoppers world", $99.99 is not $100 and you won't receive the points.

You will get the points when you call. If you do this again in the future and they haven't fixed this, you could avoid it by spending 1 cent more, not that you should have to.

The good news I see here is you also didn't pay tax on $50 worth of the xbox.

Let us know how it works out.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yeah, pretty sure that was how the gift card promo worked at target too, as far as showing it on the receipt. A good reminder to everyone hoping to do that type of transaction involving a gc at sdm!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Panache70 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Received the 18,500 points after waiting on the phone for about 10 minutes.
    The girl who took care of me was very nice, but did not have a full grasp of how the system works.
    At first, she said you don't get bonus offer points when you redeem.
    I told her that even with the redemption, I still had an out of pocket of $149.99 before taxes and eco fees.
    Then she said, I should split up the transaction, so my redemption comes out to zero and then my 2nd transaction would be eligible for bonus offer points.
    I reminded her you can't do 2 transactions on 1 large item (X-Box).
    Then she said well it looks like you only spent $99.99 (which confirmed my guess that the system was deducting the promo gift card of $50.00 from my out of pocket total to calculate and validate the $100 threshold).
    I asked why the system does not round up to $100 ($99.99), and she seemed confused.
    In the end, she just said she would apply the points on my account.

Here is the cost of the X-Box. I think this is the best deal on the X-box, unless the stars align and you have $200 redemption, bonus offer points loaded on card, seniors day and Shoppers promo gift card all at the same time:

$349.99 X Box On Sale
    $0.80 Eco fees
    ($50.00) Gift Card
    $45.04 GST & QST on $300.79
    ($200.00) Points used
    ($37.00) Bonus points received – 18,500 pts (based on $100 for 50,000 points redemption value)

($2.98) Regular points received – 1,490 pts (based on $100 for 50,000 points redemption value)

($5.88) PC mastercard points received- 3% on $195.83

$99.97 GRAND TOTAL

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.
    Last edited by Panache70; Mon, Nov 30th, 2015 at 11:26 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Panache70 View Post
    Received the 18,500 points after waiting on the phone for about 10 minutes.
    The girl who took care of me was very nice, but did not have a full grasp of how the system works.
    At first, she said you don't get bonus offer points when you redeem.
    I told her that even with the redemption, I still had an out of pocket of $149.99 before taxes and eco fees.
    Then she said, I should split up the transaction, so my redemption comes out to zero and then my 2nd transaction would be eligible for bonus offer points.
    I reminded her you can't do 2 transactions on 1 large item (X-Box).
    Then she said well it looks like you only spent $99.99 (which confirmed my guess that the system was deducting the promo gift card of $50.00 from my out of pocket total to calculate and validate the $100 threshold).
    I asked why the system does not round up to $100 ($99.99), and she seemed confused.
    In the end, she just said she would apply the points on my account.

Here is the cost of the X-Box. I think this is the best deal on the X-box, unless the stars align and you have $200 redemption, bonus offer points loaded on card, seniors day and Shoppers promo gift card all at the same time:

$349.99 X Box On Sale
    $0.80 Eco fees
    ($50.00) Gift Card
    $45.04 GST & QST on $300.79
    ($200.00) Points used
    ($37.00) Bonus points received – 18,500 pts (based on $100 for 50,000 points redemption value)

($2.98) Regular points received – 1,490 pts (based on $100 for 50,000 points redemption value)

($5.88) PC mastercard points received- 3% on $195.83

$99.97 GRAND TOTAL

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.
    So glad to hear. Great deal!
    Thumpersmom likes this.

Thread Information