User Tag List

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: December 2015 Frugal Chatter thread - all welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone, I am all caught up and will comment later as now I am in a mad dash to do everything I need to do be ready for our celebration on Sunday. Not to mention the laundry. our flight was late so I lost three hours in my day and have been up since 4am. The weather in Cuba was amazing. The food was meh, I suspect I lost weight despite too many mohitos. We did take out for supper as it was after 6 when we got in. I need to bake a batch of shortbread tonight, but I am not sure the butter will hit room temp before I crash. Wish me luck.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

had a wonderfull xmas dinner-at my son's
    -our kids gave us lovely gifts
    -my daughter /hubby slept over we chatted a bit then they left this morning -cause they are flying out to Italy tonight -oh I will miss talking to her for 12 days
    -redeemed some points at shoppers this morning-got lots of xmas gifts for next year see started already 211 after I redeemed I paid 41-why wait for the bonus redemption when this was super great deals 50 % marcelle gift pkgs I paid 14.99 for the girls and 29.99 for one for me -excellent prices so glad I love shoppers and cant stand malls

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

welcome back @Lilo 003
    @coupon girl you're ahead of the game with your points after Christmas great stuff

wishing everyone a great evening, they are forecasting freezing rain and snow over the next few days so it should be frugal
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I missed the SDM boxing day sale, I love the Marcelle sets, I will go later in the week to see if I can snag one for half price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-lilo they are an awesome deal the marcelle sets 14.99 for my daughter's and daughter-in-law and 29.99 for mine
    -well daughter just emailed me they got to rome and are in their condo -they are getting ready to go out for supper -last night she called me from the airport just before they were boarding and my voice crackled as I said I love you -after I got off the phone I kinda broke down -yep I am emotional some times

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Hope everyone enjoyed the past few days. We are finally finished all the turkey dinners. DS has a hockey game out of town at dinner time tonight so he will be eating leftover chicken tetrazini before we go and we will figure out what we will eat. Oldest works later today till 8pm so we will all be gone.
    We went to RCSS yesterday morning to pick up some of the 1/2 price gift packs. 3 For myself (Face wash and lotion- package was cheaper then one bottle off the shelf! So happy) and grabbed an Aveeno one for my mother for her birthday. I am planning ahead this year for sure!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

The yard is slippery, freezing rain and snow overnight so not venturing out which means no spending.

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Took down the tree today. Need to haul everything out to the shed now.

I looked at sewingmachines yesterday on Amazon but didnt buy one even though i know it would be used and id like a machine with more options (especially quilting knot, quilting foot and self threading) than my very basic 10 stitch Europro.

I won my 5 month battle with Samsung and they replaced my defective tablet. During the battle i had purchased a hipstreet tablet so i had something functional and held out hope the Samsung would be fixed or replaced. Im of mind to sell the hipstreet now but bf says "but what if the replacement does the same thing?"

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Much more productive day today. Laundry is almost done, just need to grab the last load out the dryer. Kitchen is almost clean, just to wash Mom's new bowls but the drying racks are full right now.

Spent today eating up some leftovers, had some left over Chinese for breakfast (it was a late breakfast), then had some left over cinnamon pull apart bread as a snack and now I am using leftovers from the Prime Rib for dinner. Trying to make sure we use up what is in the fridge as all of a sudden we have a ton of leftovers.

I think we have another mouse in our house, I have to say this is getting a little frustrating. I think it got in today when I took the garbage out, I closed the screen door but not the inner door. We need to replace out screen door but I an reluctant to do it as our porch is not up to code, it is too high so when we get snow opening the door causes the screen door to bend which has left a serious gap. My issue is the new door will do the same thing. We have asked for our porch to be replaced because it is too high and falling apart, sounded like it was going to be done but then the neighbours was done instead of ours. Now they won't even look at it until spring, let's just hope we can keep these mice out.

Have a great evening everyone.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo my bros went to Cuba a couple years ago and said the same thing about the food, they were highly disappointed. They still to this day talk about how bad the food was.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hello, all - sounds that those of you shopping got some great deals; I didn't venture out.
    For all of you enjoying time with family and friends, how wonderful!

Just put together a tray of sweets - our son is on his way for supper.
    Gosh, the chocolate clodhopper clones are SO good - highly addictive, I know why they are called crack, lol!

Have a great evening!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Been off for a while. Spent last weekend in Kitchener with friends and family. Had a Great time. Poor DH and puppy were sick and so they stayed at home. Then tried to rush last minute shopping and wrapping. DH's sister and her beau came on Wed. and we exchanged gifts. But I had thought we weren't going to do that until today so it was a "Fast, get it wrapped!" event. That went nicely.

But Thursday morning I realized I had all of DH's and DB's gifts to wrap. Got up very early and felt dizzy. But plowed ahead for a while. This was the vertigo kind of dizzy that I had felt before we went on holiday - not sure why it came on. So - cancelled the cleaning lady's visit and went to bed to try to sleep it off. DH went out to get some groceries.

Well, I woke up and felt good so had a shower. Everything was fine until I bent over to put the towel over my head. The room just started spinning - I lost my balance and fell - crashing into the table edge. There I was on the floor - "I have fallen and I can't get up" - is supposed to be an old person's issue - right?

But VERY LUCKILY DH came home about 3 minutes later and helped me up. Nasty bang up of my shoulder, collarbone - butt - and other shoulder.

Decided to just take a gravol and some pain meds and slept away Christmas Eve - not being able to go to church which I was really looking forward to. Also didn't get time to run out for the gc's and stocking stuffers that I had planned.

Both DH and I have been not feeling well, but he handled the whole Christmas Dinner. (Even though the turkey was still quite frozen when he took it out of the fridge to cook it.) DB came over and we shared gifts. He has a VERY limited budget but spends every extra penny on gifts for all of us. He bought me a book by a local writer that he went to school with. She is now quite reknown and lives in California. I really like her writing. Her first two books were set right here in the Chatham area. The second one was called "The Girls" about 2 conjoined twins. I was very touched.

Then we had a wonderful supper that DH had prepared and then used the dishwasher. (We usually just do our dishes in the sink.)

Then DB and I watched "Miracle on 34th Street" which I had never seen before. I didn't realize that the little girl was Natalie Woods.
    DH puttered around and joined us for part of it. A very quiet but quite nice Christmas.

Yesterday the vertigo came back with a vengence and I decided finally to go to the hospital to see if it was more than just a bump but wound up waiting 4 hours and didn't yet get to speak to a nurse. DH was feeling so badly that he just dropped me off and I waited by myself. There were "emergencies" of various sorts and a lot of sneezing and wheezing - one fellow was very sick and "shared" that with us - at this point I decided that rather than pick up something that I didn't want - I'd go home. Tough night as every time I turned over in the night I woke up with the world spinning. I have to try to get a chiro appointment tomorrow.

Also our Visa and M/C cards are one the wonk so I have to get in touch with the bank tomorrow - so no "Boxing Day Shopping" for me. Don't really need anything but picking up birthday gifts is always a pretty good idea at this time.

We were supposed to go to Windsor today to join DH's sister for her "combined family" dinner and to celebrate our nephew's 1st birthday. But with the world whirling and with DH feeling like he did, we had to phone to say sorry. My db was also supposed to go so it was a disappointment for him too.

Oh well, can't control fate and medical issues. We won't be making any future plans that include something planned "down the road" any more. As our health seems to always be interfering.

It sounds like all of you have been having great food, great family times and great shopping and fun times! We're coming up to "Happy New Year" time.

We watched "Polar Express" with my nephews and "Love Actually" with my brothers and sister-in-law. I enjoyed both.

Also, dh has been enjoying lots of ball games.

So looking forward to getting back to activities that I can actually bend down to pick something up or turn quickly to the left. Can't do those things right now. Finally got caught up with reading all your posts.

Wishing you all a happy end to this year!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh Avon-hope you feel better soon. I can relate as I also took a wee tumble on Xmas evening. DH had gone out to pick up DD and I was walking down the dark hallway into our upstairs bonus room to plug in the tree. The only thing is we are dog sitting for friends and unbeknownst to me the dog was sprawled across the landing at the curve in the stairs and I fell right over her. Luckily for me I fell up just one step into our carpeted bonus room so was not hurt badly. Had I fallen down the bottom flight of stairs to the tile floor it could have been nasty. Anyway I learned not to walk down a dark hallway while dogsitting!! We have had a busy few days of visiting and eating with family and friends as I am sure most of you have. Tomorrow we should start to get back into a bit more of our routine.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Avon: did they check for a concussion? It sounds like life has been busy in not a good way.
    TG: I am sure some day my parents dog will kill me, he wil sit right under my feet and then I turn not knowing he is there. Our own dog is noisy so less likely to trip us. Glad it was a fall up a stair not down.
    The boys bought me Love Actually for Christmas. It's my fave Christmas movie and I did or see it this holiday.
    I was able to watch our Christmas eve traditional movie of a Christmas carol while in Cuba as they had a CTV station available which we found kind of funny.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, sure hope you feel better and things get figured out for you!

Yeah, with two cats around, it's hard sometimes to not trip on a tail - or step on one fuzzy one and slide!

I've never seen Love, Actually - better put that on my list, so many people love it.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information