User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Cassie521
  • 1 Post By 1_love
  • 1 Post By blueeyetea
  • 2 Post By Natalka

Thread: anyone want to share a good healthy chicken recipe?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want to try something new with chicken and keep it healthy anyone got any recipes or suggestions?
    anyone want to share a good healthy chicken recipe?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    1_love likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think slow cookers are a great way to make healthy chicken. Put chicken thighs or breasts on top of some diced onion, celery and carrots, add some seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, etc.) I like to add a carton of chicken broth and some white wine (if you feel like it) and let it cook for 6 hours on low. Afterwords I shred the chicken to make tacos, salads, etc. Then save just the broth and put it in the fridge for a day. When its cold you can skim the fat off the top with a spoon and then you have delicious chicken broth to make a soup with (just add some of your pulled chicken to it with some freshly diced veggies and cooked pasta)
    Angela273 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What do you mean by healthy? Less fat? Less carbs?

I like to make stir-fries. Cut chicken breasts into chunks, and brown in a large frying pan. Set aside. In the same frying pan, add some onions and mushrooms and let them cook until the water evaporates from the mushrooms. Add other veggies like broccoli florets, sliced red peppers, sliced zucchini, sliced celery, bean sprouts. Let that cook until veggies have softened, add the chicken to finish cooking. In the meantime, in a small bowl, I'll mix together soya sauce with sesame seed oil to which I've added chopped garlic and chopped ginger. When the stir-fry is done, add the soya-sesame oil mixture to the pan and mix well.
    I like to serve this with rice.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm a fan of roasting - either whole or pieces - and doing most of the meal in one.

Put chicken pieces in a big roaster, add potatoes, carrots, celery, carrots, onion slices. I just put a few inches of water in the bottom, for seasoning on top I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian spices or just oregano, paprika.
    Cover and put in oven at 400 for an hour, then I flip the potatoes and carrots over, and baste with the juices. Put back in oven uncovered for 15 minutes to brown.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information