User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: 2016 financial resolutions.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Frugalbigmama are the CT GC's in the SDM flyer? I ran out from the last Sobey's promotion and would love to get more! Can't see it in the flyer though
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 217 View Post
    Frugalbigmama are the CT GC's in the SDM flyer? I ran out from the last Sobey's promotion and would love to get more! Can't see it in the flyer though
    Apparently it is on page 12 ( but I couldn't see it lol) and this in the Ontario flyer so hopefully in yours as well.
    macw1960 and 217 like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

yes!!! I did it!!!

After 3 long years I finally made my last cc payment. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Definitely frees up the money for a cleaner and some other things I`ve been putting off.
    On the subject of cleaners...I called someone, just waiting to hear back. She charges $20 an hour but thought I`d better snap her up. Someone in the village had her cleaner go from $20 to $25 a couple weeks ago.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's fabulous crochetlady!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    yes!!! I did it!!!

After 3 long years I finally made my last cc payment. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Definitely frees up the money for a cleaner and some other things I`ve been putting off.
    On the subject of cleaners...I called someone, just waiting to hear back. She charges $20 an hour but thought I`d better snap her up. Someone in the village had her cleaner go from $20 to $25 a couple weeks ago.
    Congratulations!!

That is a great accomplishment! I hope you enjoy your cleaner and take in some well-deserved relaxation time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    yes!!! I did it!!!

Congratulations, what a relief. Enjoy the house cleaner
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I now have enough for 2 top level sdm redemptions and have $346 in pc points, saving all for Christmas gift this coming year just like we did last year, it made a huge difference to not have to save up funds for Christmas.

This month will be the last of our catchups to have our accounts back to what they were before we borrowed from all savings accounts to pay off the LOC. It's taken 2 years to build accounts back up BUT we've succeeded and I'm so pleased .

Going forward those funds will go into building an emergency fund and mortgage pre-payments .

Dh's pays are still used for home renovations/upkeep and vehicle maintenance/upkeep .

Hoping everyone is doing well
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I've spent the past few days cleaning up my accounts. Realized I had $2200 in one of the kids Tangerine accounts that I moved there long ago because they received a high interest rate. Not so much more now so moved $2000 into TFSA and $200 into my chqing account to spread around.
    I bought $2000 in CT Cards (cost $1800.00) Set up my plan to pay back my savings account and vacation account (using the money from those accounts to pay off credit card and then will return the money from budgeted gas money each pay )
    I received $54 in PC PTS for this purchase which brings my PC pts total on my MC at $505. Planning not to touch any of my points this month and let them build.
    saundyl, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy to report I have packed lunch everyday this year. We also now have the money saved to buy DH a new car. We are not rushing though because having only one car saves money, no rushing out to buy a few groceries or wasting gas going places we can walk. The current plan is to wait until June or July. So the money will sit in a high interest account waiting.
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Feeling like finances are getting out of hand lately with braces and renovations and a million other things. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Ugh.
    Ciel, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

This has been the year of appliance breakdowns. Our stove has been acting a little quirky for the last few months but the control board finally decided to throw a tantrum this month (its about 10 yrs old), the cost was around $400 for the part after shipping... at what point do you decide to spend the money on a new appliance?

We shopped around for a while and found a new Samsung model for under $1000 so we decided to go that route. We had anticipated that our appliances were getting old and we would need to replace them, so its wasn't a huge shocker, but ugh. The washing machine will be the next, I think I hear it dying a little more each time I run it. I'm on a list for a floor model since the store we've purchased at is going through a renovation soon

We are nicely under budget on our travel plans. The trip is starting to come together, and I'm looking forward to that vacation time

Started on the goals of pay off the student loan balance and setting aside home maintenance $$. It is going very slowly, DH's work is going through another slow period and I decided to increase the voluntary contributions to my company pension plan to the maximum. So a little less disposable cash flow each pay week.

We are also back into the routine of coffee and lunch from home.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sadly i need to add anew cellphone to my list as...imniw back to using my backup phone. ..i maaaaay have run my "newer" phone over by the mailbox

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Right now money is also flying out the door. It seems like ever since Mom did not get the job she was promised every time I turn around there is something else we need or are out of. Granted many of the items are small but they are really adding up and I feel like I cannot get on top of the money flying out the door.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I think a lot of people are feeling the way I am!! Money flying out the door is an awesome way to put it ^^
    Ciel, macw1960, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up! (payday is Friday)

Moving forward:
    Groceries $150.00
    Misc. $508.32
    Fun $60.00

I have $30 credit on each of my credit cards. I am really going to try for a "no spend" for the next 2 weeks. For groceries we only need milk and fruit. Really going to plan our meals. Working on my list of things to get done around the house to keep us busy. Keep posting stuff for sale to get it out and to build our summer fun $ jar.
    Hoping to see higher balances to move forward to the next budget period.
    Ciel, macw1960, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information