User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

YOU AND ME - oh my goodness! How did you do that? So you won't have been able to work!

So sorry you are dealing with this! Healing thoughts your way!

Trying to deal with replacing a computer and our phone, as well--Gah as Nat and Lynn would say!

We have been jettisoned kicking and screaming into the smart phone age. I think we are ready, though.

Doggie got clipped today. It seems he probably has an anal infection, so back to the vet again.

I must - Hope everyone sleeps well!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have decided this weekend I am going to attempt to make my own yogurt. My pressure cooker I got last year has a yogurt setting which is part of the reason I bought it. Lately we are finding it harder and harder to find the yogurt we like at a good price, whenever it is on sale we have an issue finding vanilla which is the only kind we buy. So I am going to try to make my own, the process is going to take about 12 or so hours but the pressure cooker does most of the work. So I think this will be my Saturday project.
    Good luck with the yogurt! Let us know how it turns out! A friend of mine did it and she said it was great for her family. Is it true that you need yogurt to make yogurt (for the bacterial culture)?

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Well i have been missing in action since the beginning of January fell and broke my wrist in 3 places so haven't been able to do much and Dr says the cast can probably come of the 24th of February.I will come back later to read all the post i've missed.Later
    I'm so sorry to hear! That's terrible and I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Hola from Argentina! Enjoying getting out to see the sights and it is plenty warm here.
    Sounds like a lovely trip! How is the night sky out there? I hear Argentina has some of the best observatories in the world for stargazing!

In frugal news, I did the unthinkable this past month. I've never returned fruit before and I've done it twice now. The first time were grapes. They've been really expensive lately, but it's what DH and LO will eat. When I bought them, there was a funny aftertaste that tasted like they were halfway to being raisins. DH hates raisins, so I returned them. The store weighed them and deducted what I thought was a lot considering we only ate about four grapes of the bunch. The second occasion, it was apples. They were extremely large and crisp skin, but rotten on the inside. This is the first time I've ever been disappointed by the produce at this major grocery chain.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow Yes for the first batch I need 1/2 cup of store bought yogurt, if we like it for future batches I can just use 1/2 a cup of my homemade yogurt.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Sunny day here and it's not snowing for a change! Received a card and GC for dinner out from my sister yesterday (she is spoiling me) so thinking dinner out tonight if both kids are available. If not then we will figure something out since I didn't put the roast in the crockpot this morning. Hope to get some house stuff done tonight but will see. Hard to get stuff done during the work week other then regular kitchen stuff (dinner/lunches/dishes)and laundry. I guess if I am keeping up on that and not doing takeout then I am doing ok.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks!

A lady from our church came by last night to pick up the single bed and mattress that I had said she could have for her soon-to-be-in-a-big-boy -bed son.

She gave us a GC for a dinner out which was very sweet and un-necessary but will come in very handy!

Clean up today for the open house on Sat. as we are celebrating sil' s birthday tomorrow at the nursing home with her mom.

Tidied up the bathroom closet and came across a bagful of personal care products to take to the women's shelter. Also have some food for the food bank and some empty bottles for the OSPC.
    I also have some socks to take to the Salvation Army and some other food for my brother.

So, a running around kind of day.

Keep warm everyone! It looks like the east coast of the States and maybe the Maritimes are in for a whopper of a storm!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just sold an item on kijiji 5.00-met the person at a local tim hortons as I was at the library anyway -made hubby go with me thou
    -hubby really doesn't want me selling on kijiji -so I told him I would remove all the cheaper stuff -only 10.00 and up from now on -and I will always have him home if someone comes to my door

-got a great book from the library -stories from NEW York -I have been waiting for this for awhile

-lazy day just made blueberry muffins
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jan 21st, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu very sweet indeed from the lady for the bed & mattress, kindness towards others is priceless, enjoy the gc and treat
    @Frugalbigmama sounds like a great date night with the kiddos
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to Bulk Barn. Found a GC when I was cleaning out purses and had a coupon Save $3 wus $10. Finally bought a jar of coconut oil. (and some bad stuff lol) Have been wanting the coconut oil forever!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@jasper char im glad youre healing!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Well i have been missing in action since the beginning of January fell and broke my wrist in 3 places so haven't been able to do much and Dr says the cast can probably come of the 24th of February.I will come back later to read all the post i've missed.Later
    Ouch! I hope it heals well!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

hey folks below is a link to a new thread I started - would love to hear what you guys do and/or purchase

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/412862-...a/#post6547157
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You and me-sorry to hear about your wrist.
    Sweet Sparrow-not sure how much of the night sky I will see in the huge city of BA but I will pay attention-admittedly it goes dark at 8 and we have been going to bed by 9 as were tired from travel and my BIL gets up early for work.
    Today we did a hop on hop off bus( quite pricey) and then stopped for lunch and a free art museum which DD enjoyed. Anyway we got a good overview of Buenos Aries which is huge-some beautiful architecture-hot and humid today and going up to 36 or 37 tomorrow so it will be a pool or air conditioned shopping day I think.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Jan 21st, 2016 at 03:05 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lizzie, glad you are having a blast. Have you been out dancing yet?

(not as fiery as an Argentine tango, but one of my fave movie scenes)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sorry for my absence. My computer was 6yrs old and causing problems. We knew that it would need to be replaced, but last week it suddenly started to make a bad smell. We replaced my entire case, copied over my old hard drive, and just got it back last night.

Here's a bit of an update.
    I have a political fundraiser on February 4 that I am in charge of. I have 55 tickets sold and I have over 30 people who want me to call them back at the end of the month. I have silent auction items that have been donated by 7 individuals and small businesses. It looks like the evening will be quite a success.

I received a phone call from MIL on Tuesday telling us that dh's grandpa died. He lived in Calgary. One of his daughters had quit her job to spend the last month with him while he was in the hospital. Dh questions the quality of medical treatment that he had received. We are waiting to find out funeral arrangements before we are able to determine if we will be able to attend.

My artist/photographer friend who is very sick with cancer in a Saskatoon hospital is still with us. Prayers continue to be requested. I have also mentioned an older political lady who was experiencing memory problems. She went to the hospital earlier this month and they did an MRI in Regina. She has lesions on her brain that are causing her severe memory problems and headaches. The lesions are caused by cancer that originated somewhere else in her body. Family is still determining what they want to do at this time. She is receiving care at our local hospital.

On the financial side of things I am still cooking meals at home, shopping sales, special offers, points, AM promotions, etc.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yeah daughter/hubby are coming to sleep over this sat and visit us -to show us their lovely Italy pictures (I cant wait to see her and him)
    -so asked my daughter-in-law to come by with ashlyn at 5.00 so we can all visit ,then we will have supper together when my son gets off at 6.00

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information