User Tag List

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Beef and broc, with mushrooms, ... a beef ginger sauce ( homemade) and rice. soooo good.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Ciel - I think this is the recipe, by the description

http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipe...k-forest-cake-

I, too, love Black Forest cake. I've made my own, but honestly our Safeway makes a great one and they go on for $10 for a regular round layered one, $20-25 for the big slab.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought groceries at CO-OP yesterday. I used a $1 off eggs and a $5 off $50 purchase coupons from their app.

Tonight I stepped out to Sobeys to pick up a few things. They had 10% off bulk trail mix + 5AM wub 500g or more. It rang up at regular price, so I scoped $8.45 in pecans plus they still gave me the 5AM that I was missing. I'm still pretty happy about that. The person a customer service had another teller take down both signs, even though it was advertised in the flyer. I was not the first person to SCOP it today.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Ciel - I think this is the recipe, by the description

http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipe...k-forest-cake-

I, too, love Black Forest cake. I've made my own, but honestly our Safeway makes a great one and they go on for $10 for a regular round layered one, $20-25 for the big slab.
    You really need a stabilizer (cornstarch, gelatin, commercial) for the whipped cream or the leftovers will melt

No kirsch in the grocery versions though for sure

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Since the working floor unit humidifier makes a rumble (floor vibrations) when in use to supposedly diminish the steam from any cooking or baking in progress, I don't know if it would make a difference at home as it's a drafty house. I have the dry nose scenario often. Don't like the bleeding part but it comes and goes.

Might there be a small unit (desktop) with a shut-off that could suffice for bedroom use? I make do with petroleum jelly on really cold days (before walking out the door) or when the nose is really bothersome. Bonus-easier to blow your nose!
    @Ciel I got this adorable ( portable ) unit today!!
    I have it right next to me at the desk! Fingers crossed it makes a difference. No noise, it is super quiet. Holds any size water bottle.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good Morning folks!

Just waiting for a favourable ambient temperature before I hop in the shower.

DH still snoring, puppy still snuggling, mind racing with all the things on the plate.

We bought a new laptop with Windows 10.

It's driving me crazy trying to manipulate getting around.

I will learn, but I have a wedding ceremony to put together and it's frustrating!

Last night I threw all the extra leftover veggies into the leftovers from a beef stew that DH had made. We got 3 meals out of it. It was very filling and yummy.

So, it's Denver and Charlotte in the Super Bowl!

Hope everyone who has been feeling under the weather is feeling better.

Haven't seen Andit in a while. Hope she's OK!

Almost time for Granger to end her social media fast.

Well, tummy' s growling..."No breakky!" (Anyone remember that ad?)

See y'all later!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Busy busy work week for me but wanted to pop in quick to say hi. We are good for groceries for the week, bought pita's for Ds's lunch this week since I have tons of fresh romaine and cheddar cheese. Today he had bacon in it. I will add whatever meat we have leftover from dinner and have back up cooked chicken and steak in the freezer. I bought us each a container of raspberries. He ate half yesterday so I put the rest in his lunch today. RCSS had 4lb apples for $3.97. I bought the gala ones and they are very nice. So our fruit this week is apples, raspberries, bananas and clementines (from last weeks deal).
    My sister mailed me another surprise card with a $50 GC for Loblaws! So used part of it yesterday since I only spent $22 at RCSS. Will save the rest of the GC for this weekend towards groceries for next week. Need to go back to FB this week since they were out of the basmati rice. Think that is the only thing I need to get this week.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I find I need to make sure the bags are 4L. Some company's are selling 3L bags for the same price.
    I did that once by accident. It seems to be mostly the filtered brands decreasing the quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    When NF did a price increase on milk in the past my local NF forgot to change the price on the big signs at the front of the store so I got free 4L milk for about 2wks. I just thought I'd point this out in case it helps others.
    I saw that on our local SDM, but never asked for an SCOP. I asked about TP once and the manager told me he couldn't give it away for free or else he'd have to close down the store. Something about a system glitch that didn't allow them to change the prices in the system. I thought they would be able to post a notice explaining the situation in that case and not have to do SCOP?

Yesterday, I went with LO on one of our first grocery trips alone. She loved riding in the cart, and I had all the price matches and coupons prepared. Of course, I forgot my wallet. So, we had to go around putting everything back. LO asked me "Are you sad?" to which I had to laugh. "No, I'm not sad. I'll just have to come back later." When I did go back, the manager who didn't allow overages was on duty and I had the Chapmans coupon to use. I've called HO to ask about their coupon policy and they said they would speak to this store and make sure they understood the rules, but I guess it didn't sink in, or someone forgot. Two trips and still no ice cream. Most days, WM is not worth the gas money.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I did that once by accident. It seems to be mostly the filtered brands decreasing the quantity.

I saw that on our local SDM, but never asked for an SCOP. I asked about TP once and the manager told me he couldn't give it away for free or else he'd have to close down the store. Something about a system glitch that didn't allow them to change the prices in the system. I thought they would be able to post a notice explaining the situation in that case and not have to do SCOP?

Yesterday, I went with LO on one of our first grocery trips alone. She loved riding in the cart, and I had all the price matches and coupons prepared. Of course, I forgot my wallet. So, we had to go around putting everything back. LO asked me "Are you sad?" to which I had to laugh. "No, I'm not sad. I'll just have to come back later." When I did go back, the manager who didn't allow overages was on duty and I had the Chapmans coupon to use. I've called HO to ask about their coupon policy and they said they would speak to this store and make sure they understood the rules, but I guess it didn't sink in, or someone forgot. Two trips and still no ice cream. Most days, WM is not worth the gas money.
    Oh no! lol Do you not have a RCSS close by? I find mine is awesome for PM'ing, coupons etc.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I haven't seen any post from @Crochetlady for a while, hope all is well and she is just chrocheting up a storm.

Quiet morning here dh is home as he is still feeling off.

Lunches for both dh & I will be leftover chicken w/ mashed potatoes and gravy and/or soup, nice feeling to know that I'm ahead of the rat race (haha).

Since dh is home today and we didn't get a chance to speak with the contractor that is doing work at the inlaws, we will see if he is free to have a peek and give us a quote if he is interested.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I agree most days WM is not worth the gas, I can't tell you how many times I have gone their to price match only to discover those items are found on empty shelves. I've heard that they keep the items in the back which at my location would explain the empty shelves (especially in the am). Hope you get some ice cream soon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Oh no! lol Do you not have a RCSS close by? I find mine is awesome for PM'ing, coupons etc.
    We have an RCSS but it's 30 minutes away through downtown traffic. WM is across the street but the line ups and management are much worse!

I thought it'd be nice to take LO out since she likes the cart and the shops! The weather wasn't too bad yesterday and she's been doing really well with her toilet training. Gone are the days of 10-second notification before something happens!

I guess the major disappointment was for LO, who was really looking forward to ice cream! I didn't end up buying it as it wasn't her favourite variety anyways. It was just that extra dollar of overage, which would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @sweet sparrow I agree most days WM is not worth the gas, I can't tell you how many times I have gone their to price match only to discover those items are found on empty shelves. I've heard that they keep the items in the back which at my location would explain the empty shelves (especially in the am). Hope you get some ice cream soon.
    I asked one of the employees (off duty) if they ever do that at this location and she said yes!

I'm reminded of the occasion I went to buy a honey ham at Fortinos and the employee said "We have some, but it's in the back and it would really inconvenience me to get it. Can you come back tomorrow?" At least she was honest, but no, I'm not going to drive out here again tomorrow just so you don't have to get out a stepladder! I ended up buying some other ham, but I was torn between making a comment to the management and not (I didn't because I thought everyone is entitled to a bad day). I really wanted that honey ham.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I haven't seen any post from @Crochetlady for a while, hope all is well and she is just chrocheting up a storm.

Quiet morning here dh is home as he is still feeling off.

Lunches for both dh & I will be leftover chicken w/ mashed potatoes and gravy and/or soup, nice feeling to know that I'm ahead of the rat race (haha).

Since dh is home today and we didn't get a chance to speak with the contractor that is doing work at the inlaws, we will see if he is free to have a peek and give us a quote if he is interested.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.
    Leftovers are great! I find on the weekend when we are cooking big breakfast etc that we have leftover homefries etc. I had tons of containers in the fridge (potato wedges from Friday night, homefries from Sunday morning, chicken etc) Oldest got home from work late last night and was hungry and I had a nice selection to offer him

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-I am in a happy mood -going to have lunch at swiss chalet with 2 former co-workers -my one friend is bringing her sister cause she is older and fell walking a neighbours dog fractured her arm
    - I have small gifts for all of them even the sister I don't know
    -spent 15.00 on all three tiny gifts -now that's frugal
    -then we sit and talk for hours about anything and everything

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning ladies! Nice to get a little break from the colder temps today. Struck out again at WM though. Was heading home after my Physio and figured 10:30 was their usual time and hoped to find something on their $1.00 reduced rack cart but no employee had even started to go through the mountains of produce that was piled in the back counters. As I headed back out I walked past the celery and almost fell over, it was $3.99!! No soup making for me this week.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information