User Tag List

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi ladies. Just thought I would check in and I can't believe how much weight you ladies have lost! Unbelievable and congratulations! I haven't been feeling well lately so I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Well, the 2-3 lbs I lost, I gained back. So I'm back to square one. Good news is my doctor was ecstatic about me quitting smoking. She gave me the biggest hug (I just love her). Told me now to lose some weight. I will certainly try. My problem is I need to move. I sit all day and that is definitely not good. @Lynn49 - I can't thank you enough for the pineapple cupcake recipe. I made them over the weekend and OMG, they are delicious! Thank you so much. Now I really need to get my body in gear. Have a good day everyone!!
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

today was weighing day for me

no other comments.....
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@toronto166 good for you quitting smoking!!!!! I've never smoked but I've known people that did and it was one of the if not the hardest thing they'd done. Just remember it's one day at a time and the same goes for getting healthy with weight loss. If you need to start moving I suggest walking. Depending on your overall health just start small with 20min on a flat road and everyday increase the time and eventually head for the hills . If you can have someone to walk with of even a dog that helped me get out there. We're all here to support you!

So today's plan is already in full swing. I've taken care of Harley (my diabetic pup), hubs has his lunch ready, a load of laundry is already going and I've already been out to get my last blood work done before surgery. My Dr. wants to double check that my hemoglobin is good(which it is fantastic according to her) and my iron levels needed to be check which I'm sure are great especially with all the kale, spinach and beets I've been chowing down on!

Later today will be another walk and some fruit/veg shopping for dinner. Take care everyone and keep the positivity strong!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

so I finally made the pumpkin bread. Its good, not too sweet. It is 4 pts on the new plan but its super dense & would be a far better snack than the granola/snack bars that I would have used in the past & all are 4-5 points now.
    I am going to slice it in the correct number of servings & then freeze it in single servings. I will report back if this stays fresh. here is the link to the recipe. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/low-fat-pumpkin-bread-with-pepitas.html

TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just rec'd this in my mail...thought I'd share it with you..for those counting points, it should be a piece of..um..well...it should be easy!

100 Calorie Snacks

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_me...#leaderboardad
    TaraF, harbie, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Hi ladies. Just thought I would check in and I can't believe how much weight you ladies have lost! Unbelievable and congratulations! I haven't been feeling well lately so I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Well, the 2-3 lbs I lost, I gained back. So I'm back to square one. Good news is my doctor was ecstatic about me quitting smoking. She gave me the biggest hug (I just love her). Told me now to lose some weight. I will certainly try. My problem is I need to move. I sit all day and that is definitely not good. @Lynn49 - I can't thank you enough for the pineapple cupcake recipe. I made them over the weekend and OMG, they are delicious! Thank you so much. Now I really need to get my body in gear. Have a good day everyone!!
    You're more than welcome, Toronto166! Glad you enjoyed them!
    I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking! Yes, it's hard, did it myself many years ago and to this day I'm so grateful to the gal who was me so long ago..
    TaraF, harbie, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Pineapple cupcake recipe? Can i have it please, lynn49:
    toronto166 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good evening ladies. @Mia001 I know that seeing no loss can put us into an eating spiral, but don't give in! You will see some pounds lost very soon. @toronto166 wow! What an encouraging and supportive Physician you have, congrats on quitting the cigs!
    My day was meh.
    It started out early with freezing cold temps and my Chiro appt at 9:00, and after dropping DD to work i shopped for some discount fruit ( lucked into a 2 1/2 pound bag of fresh cherries at Blue Sky Mkt for just $3.00! ) None are even wrinkled or turning and I sampled a few... very sweet! To be safe though I told the gang here to eat 'em up fast!
    First time this has happened to me since starting WW is I have eaten my whole days points and it was not even 7:00 p.m.!
    My downfall was using up precious points on mayo and cheddar cheese, but hopefully sipping water and maybe a peppermint tea will bring me through till the morning again.
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Mia you're doing better than me...... I forgot to weigh myself. OOPS! lol But just remember one very important thing. Okay?
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  13.4 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good evening ladies. @Mia001 I know that seeing no loss can put us into an eating spiral, but don't give in! You will see some pounds lost very soon. @toronto166 wow! What an encouraging and supportive Physician you have, congrats on quitting the cigs!
    My day was meh.
    It started out early with freezing cold temps and my Chiro appt at 9:00, and after dropping DD to work i shopped for some discount fruit ( lucked into a 2 1/2 pound bag of fresh cherries at Blue Sky Mkt for just $3.00! ) None are even wrinkled or turning and I sampled a few... very sweet! To be safe though I told the gang here to eat 'em up fast!
    First time this has happened to me since starting WW is I have eaten my whole days points and it was not even 7:00 p.m.!
    My downfall was using up precious points on mayo and cheddar cheese, but hopefully sipping water and maybe a peppermint tea will bring me through till the morning again.
    Uh-huh. Mayo and cheddar are the devil's foods.
    Was it diet mayo? Light cheddar? I made myself a quesadilla with light cheese today...rubber. Tasted like I imagine rubber would taste. It's worth taking the hit and using real cheddar or mixing them together. Used your points! That's good...maybe not by 7pm, lol, but you got all your points in! I'm at about 18 after 3 meals; I'm a real miser with myself. I just had a nice big Macintosh Apple ( LOL! It kept correcting to Big Mac! Lol!), with Splenda brown sugar and cinnamon, all diced up and nuked for about 30 seconds...my apple pie and no points!! Gotta love it! I'm honestly just not hungry! Hubby won't eat any carbs right now, so I only get mine at breakfast or lunchtime, never both. We had a crustless veggie quiche for dinner, he had a side salad, I didn't. Looks like a bunch of us are hooked on peppermint tea...so good for our tummies!

When Jenny drools herself out of her burrito blanket wrap, off my lap and onto the sofa, I'll get myself one.

Does anyone else find that they're freezing all the time while dieting?! The house is warm, we have the fireplace on, and I'm still cold. So weird.

Keep up the great work everyone!! Just think Spring in your new svelte body..or..just more comfortable in your skin...it feels so wonderful! Just don't do that then break your leg. That would not be a positive step forward, spending over a year recovering....at least half that loss back!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 18th, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
    harbie, walkonby, beckie.c and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Lynn, i think your diet is too low for you....i mean, maybe you're not eating enough
    Natalka, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lynn not sure if it is the watching what I am eating or what but yes, yesterday I was freaking cold. I moved offices when I changed jobs at the start of January and luckily my new office mate does not mind when I crank the heat which I did yesterday and even then I was not warm.
    harbie, Lynn49, beckie.c and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided not to travel this week as I woke up completely light headed on Sunday, I know it is my sinus and since I am prone to infections decided it was better to stay here in case I need to make a run to the doctor. I am trying to avoid that route as the last few times I was on antibiotics they totally messed up my stomach and caused other infections but decided to be safe I should stay close in case I cannot control it with natural options.

Eating is going better this week as I am mainly at my desk catching up on my tasks which leaves me with time to eat and remembering to eat. I got in 4 meals yesterday which is better then the 2 I was averaging the week before.

Sadly since I spent most of the weekend feeling under the weather I did not get as much prep done as I would have liked but I am making it work. I just finished up the last of my Chia Seed pudding, made some cookie dough yogurt which I will have for the week.

This weekend I am going to attempt to make homemade yogurt, we go through yogurt at an insane rate and lately no one has had the type we like on sale so time to take it into my own hands. I actually find it really hard to find a vanilla yogurt with a nice flavour, some taste very fake or even have a bitter taste. So I will try to make my own and see how it goes. I got a pressure cooker last year with a yogurt feature (which is why the one I got won the pick me battle) so it does most of technical work, watching temps and so on. Should be a fun experiment. As well I learned I can use 1% milk which will make it better for us.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning ladies. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you for all your motivational little signs/posters. They make me feel good. Thanks for all the recipes and tips as well. Have a great day everyone!
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Morning all!

You are all doing so well, its great!

I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a while. My starting point is 160.0lbs on the nose. I don't really know what my goal weight would be on the scale... I wear a size 29 jean, and right now I'm having to do the suck in and button/zip. So comfortably fitting into my clothing would be my goal, down a size would be a bonus I'm really going to have to get into better meal planning habits to make this happen.

I started a belly fit class with DB's GF last night. We had a blast, it was an hour long belly dancing/cardio class. With that class on Mondays, Yoga on Wednesdays and the gym at work I'm definitely hitting my goal of more movement in 2016.
    Mia001, TaraF, harbie and 5 others like this.

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information