User Tag List

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Well I did force myself to get my rear out despite everything and ended up with 4km with DH after work/dinner. I'm glad I did as the fresh air helped clear my head......for now

Goal for tomorrow is to DRINK MORE WATER!!!! And keep up the walking....... Goodnight y'all
    Ugh. That's my downfall...drinking water. Tea will have to do around here...I do get a few glasses in, but not as much as we're told we should drink. I have NO idea how people survived before that decree!!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ugh. That's my downfall...drinking water. Tea will have to do around here...I do get a few glasses in, but not as much as we're told we should drink. I have NO idea how people survived before that decree!!!
    Really? That's like almost all I drink. No lie. lol Every morning I have 1 or 2 cups of coffee with breaky, then all day it's water. With dinner I "treat" myself to a flavoured water. haha. Used to be a Diet pop person but I dropped all artificial sweeteners entirely a year ago and avoid sugary drinks like the pague. I figure since I'm avoiding sugar and artificial sweeteners entirely in drinks that I'm going to have my 2 sugars in 1 or 2 coffees a day.
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Jan 21st, 2016 at 12:50 PM.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

My name is harbie and I have an addiction. I'm not totally addicted to SQUASH! Butternut, spaghetti, doesn't matter. I'm an equal opportunist.
    Here's last night's and the night before that's dinner.

A Moroccan flavored roasted butternut squash soup with a turkey,goat cheese and pepper jelly panni on whole wheat bread. The other is roasted spaghetti squash with roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, goat cheese and garlic sautéed shrimp. Oh yum! I think I'll have to do something different tonight for DH since I've been going squash crazy this last week or so
    Name:  IMG_20160121_112400.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  84.1 KB

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Just got back from my high intensity 5km walk! It was 5 hard km going up hill, then flat then up hill then down then flat all while pushing pup in the stroller for even more resistance! Now to down a ton of water.......and I'm hungry but don't know what I should have. Any suggestions post workout?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Lol...it's an acquired taste, but once acquired, nothing compares! Not sure if Walks is a fan though...Walkonby..are you a fan?
    And July 27th is "National Scotch Day"!
    Hmmm, I might have had a sip once or twice of DH's , not really a fan though.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Harbie those look wonderful!! I, too, love squash; we really enjoy spaghetti squash with salsa and meatballs. I don't miss the pasta and we don't leave the table feeling heavy and it does sustain us, so it's all good.

I don't think I'm going to have a good weigh-in tomorrow...I keep hovering around the same number..a little less, back up..down..back up..not even a pound difference, it just hovers! I keep trying to remember to drink water but the day goes by so quickly, and poof, I am not drinking it at this time of day! I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night for a washroom trip!

Ah, I'll talk to the nice lady tomorrow and hear her suggestions; I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not eating enough calories even though I'm eating quite well!! Just not carby stuff...

Anyhoodles! Time for a cuppa tea and a snack. I hear Hubby's watching tennins...{{{{yawn}}}}...that'll change when I get there..

Good night everyone, sweet dreams!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I agree @Lynn49 . I've noticed a huge difference in just the lighter/cleaner feeling I have isnide. It's hard to explain but I just feel like I don't have that brick feeling even when I didn't eat pasta. It shows just how much your body needs veggies and doesn't need heavy carby or fatty foods.

So I said from the beginning that I'm not dieting and that I'm getting healthy and that I didn't have a specific size I wanted to be but rather a feeling. I actually doesn't own a scale so I can't say what the numbers are but I (and a few others) notice that my tummy doesn't stick out as far. It doesn't blow past my boobs as far! Yay!!!!! Not to mention I have way better cardio health. I can walk at my 6'2" husbands soled with his super long legs. I'm not huffing and puffing and clutching my chest (j/k I never did that). DH has had to tighten his belt one loop already too!

I'm off to dream of getting healthier

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hear a lot about people doing low-carb diets, but I was just wondering if that actually works? What exactly about eating low-carb helps you lose weight? Or is it just the fact that when you are low-carbing it you're not eating as much calories? When I try eating vegetables with dinner instead of something like rice or pasta I still feel hungry shortly afterwards, but if I eat a piece of bread or something like that I feel full for hours.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I caught something on tv yesterday about gluten face! Your face is actually puffier when you eat gluten, interesting!!
    I am down 1.5 for the week which makes a total loss of 17.5 pounds in 7 weeks.I am starting to feel better as well,another 20 pounds and I will be one happy lady.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone, I am going to walk the dogs to their vet check up today rather than drive so I better get a move on!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

-2.3 lbs today, for a total of 14.1 lbs lost in 4 weeks!

I honestly didn't see a movement on my scale yesterday so I don't know what happened, but that's my registered loss at my WW weigh-in today. So I'm really happy!!
    Since I'm not eating my total points for the day on most days, she suggested a multivitamin which I only take off and on over the years, so I bought a new MultiVim to start again. I know it's a good thing to do always, but particularly now, I feel it's imperative, although I'm eating nutritious foods.

Thriftygranny...good for YOU!! Doesn't it feel great not lugging almost 2 10-lb bags of potatoes around every hour of every day?! That's kind-of how I try to visualize it: I've dropped off a 10 lb bag of potatoes!! I can hardly lift one of those, let alone spread it all over myself and carry around all day!
    And clothes are fitting so much more comfortably now....feels good, doesn't it?

Harbie, how wonderful that you can keep up stride by stride with your Hubby; those walks you take I could never even hope to be able to do are just amazing! Keep up the great work and clean eating, Sweetie!!

Keep it up everyone!! I guess Walkonby is checking in tomorrow?
    Walks, Honey....you're not hiding again, are you?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 22nd, 2016 at 03:19 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1_love View Post
    I hear a lot about people doing low-carb diets, but I was just wondering if that actually works? What exactly about eating low-carb helps you lose weight? Or is it just the fact that when you are low-carbing it you're not eating as much calories? When I try eating vegetables with dinner instead of something like rice or pasta I still feel hungry shortly afterwards, but if I eat a piece of bread or something like that I feel full for hours.
    Lots of information here for you...

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/low...Six-Months.htm

Although many of us "reduce" our carbs, I don't think anyone here is on an Atkins-type diet where all carbs, including fruits are restricted.

Personally I don't believe in leaving out an entire food group when choosing a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE...maybe a short-term quick-fix diet, but not for long-term health.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the link Lynn!
    Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks Lynn, yes it does feel so good , I really have never struggled a lot with weight until I hit 50 and then last year with quitting smoking and having the cardiac stents done I just ballooned up to 190 pounds, my full term pregnancy weight at 40 years old was 160 pounds. I do have height on my side I am a little over 5'6" so not short for sure. I would love to see 150 pounds and know I am in this for the long haul. I know I am moving a lot more now that my meds have been regulated and I have energy to burn some of those calories off!!
    Congrats Lynn that is a lot of weight in four weeks, keep it up!!
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

three cheers to @thriftygranny and @Lynn49 WOO HOO! to you both! I will weigh myself first thing in the a.m. ( here at home since I am no longer welcomed at the meetings! hrmph!! ) Saturday became my official day weigh-in day since joining online Jan 1st, so I'll continue with that.
    Pretty sure I am on track this week for a 3.5 lb loss, but we'll see tomorrow.

Today was a couple of appts. some errands and then when I did get back home I wanted to make a newer appetizer for dinner, so I was not really hiding Lynn....lol. Found a nice tray of baby eggplants on the reduced rack that were crying for me to scoop them up and take them home. ( I'll buy that for a buck! )
    Just sliced them into halves, seasoned and sprinkled a little this and that on them, 2 cheeses!! and salsa, my new friend. Very tasty and 2 halves barely registered a SP! Sadly I ate dinner while they baked so I will have a few later tonight maybe. No one here will tough eggplant so these babies are all mine!! bwahahaha!!

Carry on with the good fight everyone!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    three cheers to @thriftygranny and @Lynn49 WOO HOO! to you both! I will weigh myself first thing in the a.m. ( here at home since I am no longer welcomed at the meetings! hrmph!! ) Saturday became my official day weigh-in day since joining online Jan 1st, so I'll continue with that.
    Pretty sure I am on track this week for a 3.5 lb loss, but we'll see tomorrow.

Today was a couple of appts. some errands and then when I did get back home I wanted to make a newer appetizer for dinner, so I was not really hiding Lynn....lol. Found a nice tray of baby eggplants on the reduced rack that were crying for me to scoop them up and take them home. ( I'll buy that for a buck! )
    Just sliced them into halves, seasoned and sprinkled a little this and that on them, 2 cheeses!! and salsa, my new friend. Very tasty and 2 halves barely registered a SP! Sadly I ate dinner while they baked so I will have a few later tonight maybe. No one here will tough eggplant so these babies are all mine!! bwahahaha!!

Carry on with the good fight everyone!!
    That would be a terrific loss for you, Walkonby, you struggled to climb back on this wagon and look at you now!! So gung-ho again!! Yay, you!

Eggplant and I don't get along or I'd include them as a change of pace: I'm not sure I'm allergic to them but they just make my mouth burn!It's like that with fresh pineapple...a few bites yes, but after that I'm drinking copious amounts of cold water, so it's the canned stuff for me. Watermelon and other melons are fine fresh, just a few...strange, eh?

And yes, happy with my loss...I know I whined to you yesterday about being stalled but honestly my scale showed no change at all and it's a good scale, so I don't know what the heck was going on...let's just say any loss after that was a bonus!!

I wonder how Curt81 is doing....he stays in the background, then POOF!...down a whole bunch of weight! For those of you new to this game, HE was our inspiration on the other thread!!

As Walks said, keep up the good fight!!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information